Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keffeine
03.18.2013 , 11:23 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
Yeah, I mean, I waited on an official response because I would hate to do this and then have an official BW response take it away from me in case people got to whining - but if they say it's okay, I can tell you what I'll be doing with my low level Imp toons this weekend. I mean, imagine getting to play the Agent story WITHOUT having to do any of that nonsense in between? That's what I call getting your money's worth!
And that's why I leveled my sniper!

SWGEvictee
03.18.2013 , 11:25 AM | #22
Gree event resources need to be available for those participating in the Gree event. Players should nit find it harder or impossible to complete the Gree missions due to power leveling groups tying up the mission points.

hobbesmaster
03.18.2013 , 11:32 AM | #23
Lowered level characters are buffed to level 50 stats with bolster; if Bioware didn't intend for lowbies to take part in the gree event why did they put the bolster in?

Turshek
03.18.2013 , 11:32 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
People level for lvl 10 to 50 doing flashpoints and still are oblivious as far as their role goes. Same for PvP.
Yes, thoses that will never learn. So what ? Is it a good idea to let them level to 50 even faster ? Is it a good idea to lure people that CAN learn into a mindless leveling ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
But there are lots of people coming from other MMOs who know exactly what to do and/or are quick learners of new mechanics. They want to get to lvl 50 asap and I can't blame them - it gets tedious on your 5th+ alt.
People with a lot of MMO experience or of this game only already know it's superfast to level. They are probably suscribers and know how you overlevel if you do everything so they can pick and choose what they want to do to level the fastest/the most fun way.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
That has nothing to do with how "easy" it is to level in this game. It has to do with the mentality of the player.
It has for a part to do with the difficulty of the game. When there's no challenge, there's no reason to learn to play better. If it's easier to level in Ilum, less people will learn to play.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I have yet to play a game that I did not consider it "easy" to level up in. If I had found a game like what you describe when I first started playing MMO's back in 2005, I would not be playing them today. I'm not in to beating myself up and getting stuck with time sinks. I will stay with a game if it is fun, not if it takes forever to get a single character to max level.
Of course, most games are "easy", they are made to attract a wide range of people, from the clueless people to the most experienced ones. If the curve is too step or if there's a wall somewhere in the learning curve, only the best/most dedicated ones continue to play. At same time, everyone learned something playing MMOs, even though many people forget it.

And btw it doesn't take "forever" to level to 50 without Ilum and the double XP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
I don't even use the power level technique but this post is just pure bullocks.

The whole "people need to sweat, bleed and stumble" their way to 50 is just a talking point people use to feel special. It's just like when people complain about how hard they had it but no one else has to hard. The more 50s the game has the better we all are.
No it's not just a talking point, you weren't as good the first time you played a MMO than now. You learned, you progressed. You didn't wait afk on a map and became as good as you are now.

The leveling process does very little to force ANYONE to understand their class. Need I remind you the leveling process does NOT force you to group. It does NOT force you into flashpoints and it does NOT force anyone to play their class "properly".
I know and never said it was a good idea. The thing is, most people choose the easiest way. As it's more easy to level on Ilum, more people will do it, less people will see the offered oppotunities to play better/ in group.

The whole, "I want to feel special because I'm 50" attitude needs to end.
Dunno what you are talking about as it's not an achievement at all.

It's kinda strange, lots of people seem to forget that they were newbie once, that they didn't learn all the standard MMO grouping behavior instantly. Leveling teach players some things, it's not just a timeskink.

I also find people really strange as consumers. Some feel like the leveling is not entertaining enough and instead of asking Bioware to make it better, they ask for some ways to skip it then when they are 50, they say that gearing is not entertaining enough and ask for some ways to do it faster... they do the newest content in a few weeks than complain for months they have nothing to do, damn crazy people...

Alec_Fortescue
03.18.2013 , 11:34 AM | #25
To think back in January Bioware used to ban people for going with their low-level alts to Ilum. Hah!

It was about chest farming but who cares?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

RuQu
03.18.2013 , 11:35 AM | #26
Leveling content, specifically the stories, are the best part of this game. It's their loss if they choose to skip all of that.

Or, perhaps they already have a Shadow/Sage and their guild wants the opposite for raiding. No one should have to suffer through the Consular story twice. Now they don't have to and the whole server has one more tank/healer. Everyone wins.
Brushing off the dust on my Assault Cannon. Time to get back in the fight.

Prysha
03.18.2013 , 11:36 AM | #27
well i like levling.. but after 4 classes im tired of the same planet missions again...all alternative characters are just for the lulz....dotn want to waste much time leveling them...
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Keffeine
03.18.2013 , 11:46 AM | #28
Anyway, I wanted to focus this thread back on what I started it for: apart from a response from the devs, your ideas on solutions for the 'method', or whether there should even be one in the first place.

There are already too many threads debating whether or not it's a good thing, so let's not go there.

Chemmie
03.18.2013 , 11:46 AM | #29
The advantage going to ilum is very low. (Do the math) WE did it as a guild group and had a blast just cause we did it as a group. It is no different then running toons through fps, except we could all go as a large group. As for taking up space there were 3 instances of ilum and each one has 6 pylons.... preventing you from doing your quest... that's a QQ not an excuse. Oh and we were in the pve side and where we couldn't hurt anyone unless a toon who was flagged was silly enough to come up to us.

You'd be better off arguing about the people camping the pvp center there is only one of those.

As for power lvling we had a huge group and only got max a lvl per hour with the CS bonus too. And for most of us these were our 4th+ lvl 50 so yeah were a little tired of the reg questing, but we all said were going back to do the storyline

Anyone quit QQ over something so trivial... its 2 weekends and the first is over.
www.SwtorStyles.com

"SWTOR Styles" fansite with pictures of Gear/Weapons/

Companions/Housing Etc.

lazze
03.18.2013 , 11:49 AM | #30
why what are we doing wrong ??

if its in-game and theres no warning theni cant see whats we doing wrong yur jus upset cause you couldnt do it,
i loved doing it .. and the fact im gona have to grind to 55 at some point in april i will continue to do it until BW decide to change,

ae you a F2P ??