Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

islander
03.19.2013 , 01:13 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Taminy View Post
So is an exploit.

Straight from wiki (yeah not the best source, but I don't think dictionary.com's definition of exploit is going to apply to video games all that well):

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or glitches, rates, hit boxes, or speed, etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers

By that definition, Ilum was clearly an EXPLOIT.
They never clearly stated that only 45 and above were allowed.
Moreover, it's THEIR failure to allow sub 45's to get bolstered up. No one abused any system in an unusual way. They just showed up and saw "Oh look, we got bolstered".

Keep trying though, your internet rage feeds my entertainment.
Gěllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

TUXs
03.19.2013 , 01:14 PM | #132
I'm disappointed. I think that this weekend was the most fun many people have had in some time. Leveling in SWTOR can simply be boring as hell and an alternative was obviously welcome.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Taminy
03.19.2013 , 01:14 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Animosity, anger and resentment from people who knew they were probably exploiting, and shouldn't be surprised. Long term, they will deal and the devs get to not be a hypocrites.
But you're forgetting that this would take a lot of work for them to roll back the experience too. It's a lot easier to close a bridge than to find the cars that went across it and tow them back

Infernixx
03.19.2013 , 01:14 PM | #134
Animosity, anger and resentment from people who knew they were probably exploiting, and shouldn't be surprised. Long term, they will deal and the devs get to not be a hypocrites.
I find that successful hypocrites manage well under the strain of their hypocrisy.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

LarryRow
03.19.2013 , 01:14 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Not everyone who was doing this pays them money.

So you really think people who leveled fast should have action taken against their account? Who did they hurt other than themselves? What integrity do they keep when they made a mistake in the game design and punish the players for it?
2 choices: take action against exploiters or leave it alone entirely. The middle ground is for hypocrites.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Infernixx
03.19.2013 , 01:14 PM | #136
But you're forgetting that this would take a lot of work for them to roll back the experience too. It's a lot easier to close a bridge than to find the cars that went across it and tow them back
There is that, too.
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Glower
03.19.2013 , 01:15 PM | #137
And bunch of whiners wins once again.

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm disappointed. I think that this weekend was the most fun many people have had in some time. Leveling in SWTOR can simply be boring as hell and an alternative was obviously welcome.
^this
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Taminy
03.19.2013 , 01:15 PM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
They never clearly stated that only 45 and above were allowed.
Moreover, it's THEIR failure to allow sub 45's to get bolstered up. No one abused any system in an unusual way. They just showed up and saw "Oh look, we got bolstered".

Keep trying though, your internet rage feeds my entertainment.
The dev just said it was not what they intended.

LarryRow
03.19.2013 , 01:15 PM | #139
Easier still is to admit you forgot to set a toll and leave the bridge open.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Infernixx
03.19.2013 , 01:16 PM | #140
2 choices: take action against exploiters or leave it alone entirely. The middle ground is for hypocrites.
A black-and-white perspective is lovely, as it exists only in your head. The world, on the other hand, is a world of greys.