Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

well
03.19.2013 , 08:54 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
I'm not waiting for a response on this.

I think it's a cheesy and incredibly dull way to level so I didn't do it, however I couldn't care less if other people did.
That pretty well sums it up for me.I have 6 50s not including two I deleted.How someone else plays there game is their buisness.How I play is mine.I won't do it because I enjoy going thru the game.I like the boost because it is nice to see a good reward for doing all the quest..I don't do FPS or HRs most of the time because they are boring to me.That is me.To each his own.

DarthCadius
03.19.2013 , 08:55 AM | #92
so i just tried this bolster thing on ilum with my lvl 36 sniper.

on stardard mobs in gree area i got 550xp (rested) i then went to quesh and shot up a 37 mob and got 501xp(rested).

so its not THAT much of a big deal at least to me. i wont go make a fresh lvl 1 to see the benefits but i say meh.

the onl thing that pissed me off was having a few lobies gank me while killing a guardian but other than that its no big deal to me
Seething hate, rage ANGER I will harness unlimited power.I live off the sufering of the weak, their pain gives me strength, their agony gives me life and their death feeds the force from which I keep their suffering never-ending.

islander
03.19.2013 , 08:58 AM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Maybe I'm just new here, but wouldn't trying to take down a level 50 with your level 10 result in your character getting smooched?

How are people speed grinding?
You get bolstered, and you are in a group with 20 others. That's why.
Even better, you get loads of social points. My assassin after one night has social V, which is more social then ANY of my other characters.
Gμllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DarthCadius
03.19.2013 , 09:04 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
to many threads about this.. so many tears .. im lucky that im on a boat.. safe from all the asperger tears...

this "practice" brought more peopel together than the WB runs.. lol
i enjoyed it for a short time because i didnt know about it from the start.
dude all i see from you is this.

Hey yellow dudes im gonna do this type of lvling but i want to know if i will get banned.

dont say you feel dirty doing something and ask for a response and THEN say if its ok your gonna do it AGAIN you make yourself look the fool.

make you point plain. BW this is a cool way to lvl can i keep doing it? thanks for your response

I dont seea real benefit from it as I only got an added 49xp as a 36 with bolster PLUS the xp booster but to each their own. Idid this for one pack just to see what the hubbub was about and i dont think its worth the time but thats me
Seething hate, rage ANGER I will harness unlimited power.I live off the sufering of the weak, their pain gives me strength, their agony gives me life and their death feeds the force from which I keep their suffering never-ending.

TUXs
03.19.2013 , 09:04 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthCadius View Post
so i just tried this bolster thing on ilum with my lvl 36 sniper.

on stardard mobs in gree area i got 550xp (rested) i then went to quesh and shot up a 37 mob and got 501xp(rested).

so its not THAT much of a big deal at least to me. i wont go make a fresh lvl 1 to see the benefits but i say meh.

the onl thing that pissed me off was having a few lobies gank me while killing a guardian but other than that its no big deal to me
Yes. The XP is scaled and level appropriate - it's NOT inflated. A level 23 isn't getting credit for anything more than he normally would (level appropriate). The only true advantage of Ilum is that you can grind on Mobs without leaving the area. If you were to do this any "traditional" way, you'd need to constantly find a new group on a new planet to grind with. Ilum simply allows for a much more social and casual grind experience - not inflated XP, just very consistent spawns and group appeal. Again, this is a VERY good thing for this game!
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Kavu
03.19.2013 , 09:05 AM | #96
don't like the double xp weekend? don't level during it.
Kavu 60 Gunslinger
Kritz'krieg 55 Commando Kapowy 50 guardian
Kalim' ti 50 Sentinel
Desolation 50 Marauder

Infernixx
03.19.2013 , 09:06 AM | #97
I'm not a fan of seeing 'speed-leveling' in this fashion, but if players want to skip the best part of leveling...the story...then, okay.

I only hope this doesn't result in masses of 50s/55s in end game FPs and Operations not knowing what they're doing.

Ratajack
03.19.2013 , 09:14 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yes. The XP is scaled and level appropriate - it's NOT inflated. A level 23 isn't getting credit for anything more than he normally would (level appropriate). The only true advantage of Ilum is that you can grind on Mobs without leaving the area. If you were to do this any "traditional" way, you'd need to constantly find a new group on a new planet to grind with. Ilum simply allows for a much more social and casual grind experience - not inflated XP, just very consistent spawns and group appeal. Again, this is a VERY good thing for this game!
An exploit is an exploit and therfore NOT good for the game. Does this fall under the category of an exploit? We don't know yet, and won't know until EA/BW puts out an official statement.

TUXs
03.19.2013 , 09:39 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
An exploit is an exploit and therfore NOT good for the game. Does this fall under the category of an exploit? We don't know yet, and won't know until EA/BW puts out an official statement.
Normally, I'd agree with you...but this weekend was GREAT for the game imo. Something that encouraged grouping (besides a FP or Heroic), DOES benefit the game. I understand your position, and normally, I'd be with you on something like this...but right or wrong, I feel like this was badly needed in-game.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Andryah
03.19.2013 , 09:45 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Normally, I'd agree with you...but this weekend was GREAT for the game imo. Something that encouraged grouping (besides a FP or Heroic), DOES benefit the game. I understand your position, and normally, I'd be with you on something like this...but right or wrong, I feel like this was badly needed in-game.
/Agree.

And as TUXs pointed out in a previous comment on this page... it's not XP inflationary (and therefore not an exploit) for lower levels to be grouped and ganking mobs in Ilum.

Another thing about the double XP weekends, it creates a lot of new characters as people take advantage and level up new characters (often in groups together) and that creates demand for character equipment at a pace faster then normal.... which results in more crafter item demand (sub-50) and more GTN gear demand overall. Hence it is mildly deflationary as it sucks credits out of the game via GTN sale fees. ALSO good for the game overall.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.