Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thank You Double XP Weekend!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Thank You Double XP Weekend!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VigDiath
03.25.2013 , 02:15 PM | #21
I finally got my PT to 50. Might work on my Sentinel or Sage next.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Arlon_Nabarlly
03.25.2013 , 02:15 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

species (gotta unlock em all!)
Unlocked my 7th this weekend, 2 to go.

darkhelmetz
03.25.2013 , 02:20 PM | #23

I have post-it notes all over my desk with my plans for different crew skills, skill builds, species (gotta unlock em all!), etc. Glad to see I am not the only one!
Post-it notes are so 1980, gogo Excel Spreadsheets!

Paokzu
03.25.2013 , 03:12 PM | #24
Yes, ty BW for the dbl xp, t's been awesome!. I wasn't home for the 1st weekend but I got two of my neglected level 40's to 50 this go 'round.
"You should never be in the company of anyone with whom you would not want to die."
http://www.cracked.com/blog/understa...ario-brothers/

jamescloutier
03.25.2013 , 03:29 PM | #25

I am spending my weeknights planning, buying mods, and getting characters in place for the weekend to start. I have post-it notes all over my desk with my plans for different crew skills, skill builds, species (gotta unlock em all!), etc. Glad to see I am not the only one!

Also, if you are on my server I have definitely transferred some of my credits into your hands. Cool to see what crafters do with a changing economy.
First off nice to see random yellow post in this section Eric.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkhelmetz View Post
Post-it notes are so 1980, gogo Excel Spreadsheets!
And this is exactly what I did to help track if it's worth it for me to craft and sell an item. I put in the GTN price for raw mats and a markup % to cover the GTN fee plus what I'm looking for as a profit and it kicks me back what my personal suggested list price is. I then keep an eye on what is actually on the GTN and start crafting & listing. Made a couple million this past weekend mostly on rank 22 or lower items. I also pumped credits back into the market because a friend convinced me to make another toon for S&G. All this wouldn't have happened in my mind if it wasn't for double XP weekends.

asbalana
03.25.2013 , 03:58 PM | #26

I am spending my weeknights planning, buying mods, and getting characters in place for the weekend to start. I have post-it notes all over my desk with my plans for different crew skills, skill builds, species (gotta unlock em all!), etc. Glad to see I am not the only one!

Also, if you are on my server I have definitely transferred some of my credits into your hands. Cool to see what crafters do with a changing economy.
LOL, I just listed some more mods on my server. Feel free to come in and browse.

Actually, enjoy, there is lots to do these weekends. Good to see your post.

FlyinSpaghetti
03.25.2013 , 08:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthXout View Post
This is all well and good, however these items have no actual "worth". Only the buyer can assign "worth", or value, to these items. The buyer can either decide to buy the item, give it "worth", or decide not to buy it at which point the item is worthless.

If the buyer had no other means of obtaining the item, then we would have problem, however the game mechanics offer other ways to obtain these items.
Still I believe competition should be paramount rather than most crafters on a server having some form of mutual understanding to keep prices high. I've heard of and even seen on this forum (although don't ask me to dig a thread up) of people threatening to "bury" others (financially) if they don't keep their prices at a certain point.

It's scummy price fixing like this is the reason why Bioware are squeezing the rest of us financially with too many credit sinks and other anti-inflation tactics because some people simply have earned too much money by exploiting the GTN as much as they can but even after BW clamps down it's still only the small man that suffers.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Uvirith
03.26.2013 , 03:40 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Webalienz View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I made a boatload of credits selling low-level (17 through 39) item modifications (armorings, mods, and enhancements). Everything was selling within 2-4 hours, and for $2k-$5k more than normal. I was spending so much time sending companions on gathering and crafting missions, that I didn't actually get to level my Vanguard as much as I would have liked.
Well .thank you for supplying the playerbae with lowlevel-items. I for myself love that i can just play my characters on the exp-weekends without bothering with crafting.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

asbalana
03.26.2013 , 08:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
Still I believe competition should be paramount rather than most crafters on a server having some form of mutual understanding to keep prices high. I've heard of and even seen on this forum (although don't ask me to dig a thread up) of people threatening to "bury" others (financially) if they don't keep their prices at a certain point.

It's scummy price fixing like this is the reason why Bioware are squeezing the rest of us financially with too many credit sinks and other anti-inflation tactics because some people simply have earned too much money by exploiting the GTN as much as they can but even after BW clamps down it's still only the small man that suffers.
I have received one or two in game mails from players complaining that my pricing was to low, but never a threat to bury me. I would submit that burying a well established crafter with significant credits (and there are many of them) is impossible. If my price on 18 might mods is to low and I am buried, I'll sell 20s, bury them, I sell resolve, skill and reflex, bury them, I'll sell armorings, bury them, I'll switch to enhancements, bury them at all levels, I'll go to implants, bury them, I'll sell the mats, bury them I'll sell stims, bury them, .... and so on to infinity. The threat of burying a crafter is pure nonsense. Besides to keep a crafter buried in one area for anything but a short time would require a person to continually craft and list the item at a price under what they thought was to low in the first place, bring in undercutters and destroy the pricing of the item that they were trying to elevate. Not going to happen.

I (and family) have crafted and sold on the gtn since day one (on two servers) and have never seen any price fixing. I have seen a few short lived price wars, but that is about it.

Things sell at the price players are willing to pay and at which crafters are willing to supply. If pricing is to high, people don't buy. If pricing is to low crafters don't craft.

sumuji
03.26.2013 , 08:48 AM | #30
I was having the opposite results. I was making my own artifact mods for an alt and selling the excess and undercutting everyone else. Most of them timed out on the GTN. I even saw the only other listings at like 40-50k for a mid-range purple mod and the stuff still did't sell. I would eventually just sell i for like 1/10th of the regular value just to get it out of my inventory.

I think most people twinking alts were doing it themsleves. I was doing that but I was also spending a good amount of money on the rare material since I was leveling too fast to keep up depending on my own crew missions. Perhaps there's where the money lies.