Why are premades hated so much?

gloy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The title says it all. What is a legitimate reason as to why premades are hated so much?

A premade group raises the bar to a height that is out of reach for casual players. The argumentation line that casuals could try to get better etc. is not valid because this is a game and not a job or school. You can't put pressure to achieve on people who play a computer game for the purpose of relaxing from their day's job where they are already under pressure.

Now, the majority rules and the majority are casuals and not pros. And these casuals don't want to be forced to play this game as if it was a job. They simply don't have enough time for doing that.

Edited by Cretinus

A premade group raises the bar to a height that is out of reach for casual players. The argumentation line that casuals could try to get better etc. is not valid because this is a game and not a job or school. You can't put pressure to achieve on people who play a computer game for the purpose of relaxing from their day's job where they are already under pressure.

Now, the majority rules and the majority are casuals and not pros. And these casuals don't want to be forced to play this game as if it was a job.

So casual's are ************ for losing against hardcore players in a competitive game when they themselves don't aim for improvement.

A premade group raises the bar to a height that is out of reach for casual players.

I had an Imp premade on my side in one of my WZs yesterday, and I can say with no reservations that they were 4 of the worst players I have ever played a WZ with. Being a premade gave them no advantage whatsoever and in fact our side lost. If that's the "bar" that needs to be cleared, I can clear it with no problem.

The problem with PvP isn't premades, it's that bolster is a joke and there's no tiering.

The title says it all. What is a legitimate reason as to why premades are hated so much?

There are only two that I can think of:

1. They will have better communication/coordination

2. They will be able to guarantee that 4 slots in the warzone are filled with certain classes/roles/gear level

I don't see how you could argue that these are not definite advantages over a pug group. I really don't want this to be taken as a position on the premade v pug issue, just an answer to the question.

So casual's are ************ for losing against hardcore players in a competitive game when they themselves don't aim for improvement.

Well their argument is mainly to run ranked, which is true and most guilds that run a lot of premades do in fact participate in ranked...at night...if they are popping...and if they have 8...of the right composition. Getting a ranked team can be a pain since the current state of class balance not every spec is wanted.

Make an imperial toon and then go play on the harbinger for about 4 hours after server reset each day and you'll have your answer.

GRRR, I keep on losing against all these premades1!1!1!!! THEY HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTDDGE FOR GROUPING TOGETHER IN A MULTIPLAYER GAME >:( THEY NEED BE SEPARATED FROM US PUGS1!1!1!

GRRR, I keep on losing against all these premades1!1!1!!! THEY HAVE AN UNFAIR ADVANTDDGE FOR GROUPING TOGETHER IN A MULTIPLAYER GAME >:( THEY NEED BE SEPARATED FROM US PUGS1!1!1!

Well technically, the PUGS are grouping too, we're talking about Pick Up GROUPS, not small smushed face dogs. :jawa_tongue:

I hate playing WITH a premade more than playing against them. If they are coordinated, then I might as well not even be there, especially in huttball. If they aren't then they are a big liability because they increase the likelihood of a better premade on the other side. In either event, I don't care that much about premades. You can't win them all in PvP, getting mad about losses is silly.

I hate playing WITH a premade more than playing against them. If they are coordinated, then I might as well not even be there, especially in huttball.

Actually that's kinda nice for me when doing weeklies, as I suck at Huttball. :) I let them score to their hearts' content while I just kill people.

Same reason people hated the gear gap and why they hate people from good pvp guilds. Because people wanna win. They'll say they want competitive games and blah blah blah, and I'll give them that I'd usually rather lose a close game than get stomped into the ground, but lets face it. People who truly hate premades hate losing.

If you disagree you're lying to yourself. You wanna win. It's ok just admit it, I know I sure as hell wanna win. When you lose you ask yourself why you lost so you don't lose for that reason again. Sometimes you lose because of a premade. Sometimes you lose because your teammates weren't very good, whether it be skill or gear. Sometimes you lose because YOU aren't very good. Of course as important as figuring out your problem is, if you don't do anything to fix that problem you don't win. Some people solve their problems by getting personally better (both gear and skillwise) and forming premades with other people who are trying to get better(both gear and skillwise). Some people come on the forums and whine because that takes less effort.

But hey maybe I'm totally out of line and all those poor souls getting constantly stomped into the ground REALLY just aspire to good close competitive games. While I think we all know that there's no way everyone who whines about premades (or anything else) is actually just trying to espouse a spirit of fair play and competition, I'll concede that such individuals exist.

But if you really want competitive games arguing for a solos only queue isn't the way to go about it. You'll still get stomped by players who are better than you, and the more you whine the more likely I find it will be for most players to be better than you.

Instead argue for actual MATCHMAKING, which will take into account enough factors to make teams up of people who are at relatively the same gear and skill level and put them against each other. And yes if you want some sort of weight for being in a premade which affects the people you get matched against then that's fine too. Matchmaking might actually make games competitive. Segregating queues is just gonna make everyone's queue pops slower to a greater or lesser extent, and there ARE in fact premades that aren't that good and seems to me that everyone crying for fair play never thinks that sending a very casual premade against no one but hardcore premades (which is exactly how those people would describe it if it were them) is wrong at all.

Don't wanna support good matchmaking? Fine. Then stop whining and accept the fact that you're free to solo queue, others are free to group up, and if the reason you consistently lose warzones is because of premades you got no one to blame but yourself.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Truth is...premades love stomping and if BW introduced a group queue and a pug queue, all the stomping/farming would be finished...Premo's will be happy with better competition, no more L2P argument and the Pugs would be happy as there is a lot less chance to getting rofl stomped so their happy...EVERYONE WINS!!! except those in it to stomp

Well their argument is mainly to run ranked, which is true and most guilds that run a lot of premades do in fact participate in ranked...at night...if they are popping...and if they have 8...of the right composition. Getting a ranked team can be a pain since the current state of class balance not every spec is wanted.

This so much.

The current state of ranked pvp alienates certain AC's in order to favor having a competitive advantage. So those that enjoy doing PVP at a high level are often forced to go into non-ranked matches with or without other like minded players.

This is why cross-server queue's need to happen, since just from judging on the PTS PVP atmosphere you can see a bit more life put back into ranked. Mostly due to not having to wait within a small time frame in order for any ranked matches to happen.

So anytime outside that small time frame for ranked matches, is when premades go into non-ranked because they need their pvp fix(dailies etc..).

What makes this unfun, is most matches in the current state of pvp are already pre-determined. So there is very rarely a chance for a underdog to come back swinging. This is probably what drives people away. Especially F2P's who get a small sample size of pvp and are met with such an experience.

The legitimate answer?

Because many do not accept responsibility for being a very bad player in TOR, and will not try to work with others to improve themselves and/or their winning percentage, because they believe they are the chosen one via the Force.

Truth.

Truth is...premades love stomping and if BW introduced a group queue and a pug queue, all the stomping/farming would be finished...Premo's will be happy with better competition, no more L2P argument and the Pugs would be happy as there is a lot less chance to getting rofl stomped so their happy...EVERYONE WINS!!! except those in it to stomp

And all those solo queuers who will continue to get stomped by better players. Which will happen never you doubt. They won't be happy. Nor will the people who want to queue casually with friends, but aren't that good, and will have to endure the full fury of those elite guild premades who are just killing time waiting for a ranked pop. They won't be any happier. Oh and since premades are SO prevalent everyone in the solo queue who finds their queue times going up (or if they solo queuers are right and premades are both super prevalent AND are only a minority of the population the group queue would have slower pops), probably won't be happy since they won't even get to play.

Seems to me that the only people who might be happy are the scrubs, and even then only if they still get queue pops, and only until they find some other reason they keep losing that doesn't involve them maybe trying to get better.

Yes premades obviously love doing nothing but stomping poor and defensless PUGS And your right if we introduce a forced separated pug and premade que then everything will be all happy sunshine's for us pugs, and we won't complain about anything! And lets not worry about those darned longer que times.

Yes premades obviously love doing nothing but stomping poor and defensless PUGS And your right if we introduce a forced separated pug and premade que then everything will be all happy sunshine's for us pugs, and we won't complain about anything! And lets not worry about those darned longer que times.

Compared to what we have now?

A 3-4 hour window of ranked matches per server(That's pushing it).

The truth of the matter is, most premades lack the drive to play at a higher tier competitive level. Which explains the current state of ranked pvp.

Please, drop the victim act. It isn't working.

That is an unprovable statement.

Bad teams will still get stomped by good teams and it won't matter what queue they're in.

The truth of the matter is, most premades lack the drive to play at a higher tier competitive level. Which explains the current state of ranked pvp.

Prove it.

Edited by DariusCalera