Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why are premades hated so much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why are premades hated so much?

gloy's Avatar


gloy
03.18.2013 , 09:24 AM | #1
The title says it all. What is a legitimate reason as to why premades are hated so much?

cycao's Avatar


cycao
03.18.2013 , 09:33 AM | #2
This will stir the pot a bit.

cashogy_reborn's Avatar


cashogy_reborn
03.18.2013 , 09:36 AM | #3
well......

because the average level of skill in this game is not very high

inb4 infraction points
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

LanceCorporalDan's Avatar


LanceCorporalDan
03.18.2013 , 09:36 AM | #4
inb4 ragin pugs..
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

Cretinus's Avatar


Cretinus
03.18.2013 , 09:39 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gloy View Post
The title says it all. What is a legitimate reason as to why premades are hated so much?
A premade group raises the bar to a height that is out of reach for casual players. The argumentation line that casuals could try to get better etc. is not valid because this is a game and not a job or school. You can't put pressure to achieve on people who play a computer game for the purpose of relaxing from their day's job where they are already under pressure.
Now, the majority rules and the majority are casuals and not pros. And these casuals don't want to be forced to play this game as if it was a job. They simply don't have enough time for doing that.

gloy's Avatar


gloy
03.18.2013 , 09:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
A premade group raises the bar to a height that is out of reach for casual players. The argumentation line that casuals could try to get better etc. is not valid because this is a game and not a job or school. You can't put pressure to achieve on people who play a computer game for the purpose of relaxing from their day's job where they are already under pressure.
Now, the majority rules and the majority are casuals and not pros. And these casuals don't want to be forced to play this game as if it was a job.
So casual's are ************ for losing against hardcore players in a competitive game when they themselves don't aim for improvement.

PhilD's Avatar


PhilD
03.18.2013 , 09:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
A premade group raises the bar to a height that is out of reach for casual players.
I had an Imp premade on my side in one of my WZs yesterday, and I can say with no reservations that they were 4 of the worst players I have ever played a WZ with. Being a premade gave them no advantage whatsoever and in fact our side lost. If that's the "bar" that needs to be cleared, I can clear it with no problem.

The problem with PvP isn't premades, it's that bolster is a joke and there's no tiering.
The Finglonger Legacy

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
03.18.2013 , 09:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by gloy View Post
The title says it all. What is a legitimate reason as to why premades are hated so much?
There are only two that I can think of:
1. They will have better communication/coordination
2. They will be able to guarantee that 4 slots in the warzone are filled with certain classes/roles/gear level

I don't see how you could argue that these are not definite advantages over a pug group. I really don't want this to be taken as a position on the premade v pug issue, just an answer to the question.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
03.18.2013 , 09:47 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by gloy View Post
So casual's are ************ for losing against hardcore players in a competitive game when they themselves don't aim for improvement.
Well their argument is mainly to run ranked, which is true and most guilds that run a lot of premades do in fact participate in ranked...at night...if they are popping...and if they have 8...of the right composition. Getting a ranked team can be a pain since the current state of class balance not every spec is wanted.

JackNader's Avatar


JackNader
03.18.2013 , 09:52 AM | #10
Make an imperial toon and then go play on the harbinger for about 4 hours after server reset each day and you'll have your answer.