Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions Romance Continues ? (I Hope)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Companions Romance Continues ? (I Hope)

Zen_Darius
03.18.2013 , 08:39 AM | #1
I went ahead and started the Romance between my Male Jedi Consular and Nadia Grell, as most of you probably know who have done so also, it ended (at least for me) at "The Bond of Jedi" with a "Marriage Ceremony" in the planning and now just "e-mails" from Nadia.
I'm hoping that with the new expansion coming out that the devs have coded "new" content including a wedding ceremony on Sarkhai or even on board the ship. If any devs read this "Please" don't draw us into the romance just to leave it be ! what you have started here sets SWTOR apart from other mmo's and I have really enjoyed it thus far and would really be sad if you don't continue the romance story line with Nadia, (and others)
I would even say "take it a step further" and code in some "Intelligent" "Artificial Intelligence" where as if I "Hug" Nadia, she hugs me back, or I "Kiss" her, she kisses me back and so on................
Some of you reading this might think that I'm "going overboard" a bit, but I think it would be fun to have that in this game if the coding was possible.
Also, maybe if the romance story line progresses, maybe you could have her in the Jedi Consulars bedroom
"Tasteful" of course, sitting at a Vanity doing her hair , makeup, etc.
Seems kind of lonely with her stuck in that little room that looks like some kind of shipboard "dentist office"
"These arn't the droids you're looking for"

BlazingShadow
03.18.2013 , 09:33 AM | #2
it's so sad because it's not gonna happen lol

DarthGile
03.18.2013 , 11:50 AM | #3
This has been addressed in a recent interview:
SWTOR-RP Exclusive: Q&A with Damion Schubert & Charles Boyd

In a nutshell, Damion believes that companions shouldn't go silence after the final conversations (specifically romance companions after marriage). He wants his team to jump on this sometime after RotHC.

Just like to note that I have a lot of respect for Damion Schubert.. but last time he addressed something that players wanted, it was about missing Codexes and how his team was going to clean it up in the near future. He said that in June-July '12... It's March 18th today and still no word on it. So "sometime" could mean two patches after RotHC... or two patches after Expansion #3).

Khayleth
03.18.2013 , 12:30 PM | #4
At the very least let me move my love interest characters in to my bedroom after I wed them, would make sense for them to share quarters now.
Raid progression no one cares about. Unimpressive quote or one liner. Uninteresting guild name. List of characters with their level and class symbol. Server. Referral link.

Zen_Darius
03.19.2013 , 06:14 PM | #5
Hey Devs, "You have my money now and in the future" should you proceed when you can about continuing the romance scenarios, poor Nadia is still standing in that strange room all by herself, lets take SWTOR a step further and make a name for yourselves.
I have a feeling that I'm not just the only one who would like to keep this going.................

DarthGile
03.20.2013 , 07:13 AM | #6
Yeah... Bioware has so many things to do, that I really don't see these changes coming soon, sadly. I do like the idea of manually setting the locations of companions on your ship. As an inquisitor, I would give anything to move Xalek further away from my cabin. Of all people on my crew, I trust him the least...

My hope is that there will be Dragon-Age-esque "revisit" cutscenes. The repeatable cutscenes, like kisses, were amazing side-features to the immersive feel of the relationships in that game. Without sounding too creepy, I'll leave it at that. Here's to hoping!

Blackholeskipper
03.20.2013 , 08:29 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
This has been addressed in a recent interview:
SWTOR-RP Exclusive: Q&A with Damion Schubert & Charles Boyd

In a nutshell, Damion believes that companions shouldn't go silence after the final conversations (specifically romance companions after marriage). He wants his team to jump on this sometime after RotHC.

Just like to note that I have a lot of respect for Damion Schubert.. but last time he addressed something that players wanted, it was about missing Codexes and how his team was going to clean it up in the near future. He said that in June-July '12... It's March 18th today and still no word on it. So "sometime" could mean two patches after RotHC... or two patches after Expansion #3).
Cool, thanks for the link! I wonder why the Swtor fb page doesn't post interviews like this. Or the website itself. They're interesting to read. Instead, you have long periods of waiting with almost no news on what's next. Very frustrating. I'm only subbed for this month, then going free-2-play, and I'm already frustrated. Must be way more frustrating as a full-time subscriber (and it was, back when I was subbed during spring last year).

DarthGile
03.20.2013 , 01:48 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
Cool, thanks for the link! I wonder why the Swtor fb page doesn't post interviews like this. Or the website itself. They're interesting to read. Instead, you have long periods of waiting with almost no news on what's next. Very frustrating. I'm only subbed for this month, then going free-2-play, and I'm already frustrated. Must be way more frustrating as a full-time subscriber (and it was, back when I was subbed during spring last year).
I quit the game back in June '12. I was burnt out from raiding and the news about BW layoffs didn't help ease the apathy of logging in. I came back in January as a resubber.. and I gotta say that the break reopened my eyes to this game's fun. Sometimes you just have to take breaks to make you remember how you actually had fun.

Breaks are also pretty good in your case. You never know what's now in the game that wasn't when you played months ago. I was quite surprised when I saw that you can mod offhands and actually preview mounts/pets/weapons now.

markcymru
03.20.2013 , 02:41 PM | #9
I agree with OP.

Not only that, as we play the game it would be nice to see the LI’s comments reflect that there’s a romance going on! Something like “Way to go, sweetie!” when you massacre a bunch of mobs or “I can always count on you, honey!’, or “Show-off!”. And in his/her comments when you summon him/her. At the moment, nothing changes. You’d never know that you were romantically involved.

As a larger issue though, I’d like to see romances be more than just a minor add-on to the fighting and killing and the ‘political’ quests’. For me, the ideal would be to have romance-driven story content at some point. It wouldn’t need to have anything to do with leveling, so it could be seen as another option for end-game.

Some ideas
“The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” — Lewis's Law

Zen_Darius
03.20.2013 , 02:58 PM | #10
I'm hoping that a forum moderator could "Please" shoot an e-mail or notification to: Damion Schubert about this thread I started and if he has the time, throw up a response on it to let us all know what needs to be addressed in order to advance the romance situations besides the coding.
I guess one obsticle would be the "cost" of getting the people back like Holly Fields (Nadia Grell) and so on to voice the companions..............