Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Covenant

randiesel
03.17.2013 , 08:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I primarily play pub now but not to roflstomp. Rolling pugs is ZERO fun (Unless I'm drunk). I don't know why people think it is.

I play pub more because I'm more likely to get into good matches. There are quite a lot of rep v rep and for the most part they are some good fights.

Now I'm not saying everyone on pub side feels this way, but I know quite a few.

Edit: And I don't like to rage quit and it's less likely when every match isn't filled with derps like this http://i.imgur.com/qbIm4Kq.jpg
Most of the pub v. pub matches are way more fun/challenging than pub v. imp.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

Solarenergy
03.18.2013 , 10:22 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
No but I wish some of them would.

Actually I dont know why I keep queueing, myself.
I'm surprised there are Imps still left on that server, lol. I just reached level 50 on my assassin this past weekend, and I was once again reminded exactly how bad it is for Imps on this server. The main problem for the Imps on there is the Imps themselves...too much dissension and putting down of their own teammates and they wonder why the Republic beats them all the time. Luckily, I have a gunslinger on there that will reach 50 sooner than I expected due to the double XP weekends, and I can't wait to join the winning side on that server for the very first time. Meanwhile, on The Shadowlands, the Empire continues to do very well. I wish I had rolled all my Imps there.
And the funny thing is that Imps on JC complain about how they are are always undergeared all the time, while on The Shadowlands, I frequently pug matches with people that are clearly undergeared and yet we still do very well and win because overall the Empire there is a better community and we have good communication and work together really well instead of digging our claws into each other like the Imps on JC tend to do.

randiesel
03.18.2013 , 12:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarenergy View Post
I'm surprised there are Imps still left on that server, lol. I just reached level 50 on my assassin this past weekend, and I was once again reminded exactly how bad it is for Imps on this server. The main problem for the Imps on there is the Imps themselves...too much dissension and putting down of their own teammates and they wonder why the Republic beats them all the time. Luckily, I have a gunslinger on there that will reach 50 sooner than I expected due to the double XP weekends, and I can't wait to join the winning side on that server for the very first time. Meanwhile, on The Shadowlands, the Empire continues to do very well. I wish I had rolled all my Imps there.
And the funny thing is that Imps on JC complain about how they are are always undergeared all the time, while on The Shadowlands, I frequently pug matches with people that are clearly undergeared and yet we still do very well and win because overall the Empire there is a better community and we have good communication and work together really well instead of digging our claws into each other like the Imps on JC tend to do.
I agree 100%.

Gear is only half the battle. If players are bad, and even worse if they are too blind to see that they can improve in at least SOME way, they resort to complaining and don't ever solve the real problem.

My imps on POT5 are sometimes on a lesser geared team, and we coordinate much better with not nearly as much non-essential typing done in ops chat. Cross server queueing would open their eyes to how they should actually play.
Covert-sin
Covert-ops

VigDiath
03.18.2013 , 12:56 PM | #14
I stopped queuing on my Marauder and Sorc. It's pretty pointless. On a good day, I can knock out all the dailies and weeklies in one sitting on my Shadow. It takes at least 2 weeks just for the weekly on my Mara lol.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

foxmob
03.18.2013 , 01:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
I stopped queuing on my Marauder and Sorc. It's pretty pointless. On a good day, I can knock out all the dailies and weeklies in one sitting on my Shadow. It takes at least 2 weeks just for the weekly on my Mara lol.
you're either very unlucky with your Qs or...well...maybe you only Q 2-3 WZs a night. doing 4 (max for daily) per night, I have the weekly done in at 5 days max. granted, if I run into a wall (4 losses). I'll call it a night and just take the daily. there are days like that on the pub toons too, btw. an hour and a half (max) per night will comfortably (inside the 7 day reset) net the weekly as a solo Qer on imp side.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

_Pryor_
03.18.2013 , 02:12 PM | #16
There are frustrating matches when pugging both sides. However, I find myself raging so much more when playing my OP. It's no question there are more "dumb" imp players than pubs.

And frankly, there are few things I hate more in the world than dumb people.
Pryor, Pry'r, Pry'tech, Pryoority

Pry-or, Pry'or, Pryguard

VigDiath
03.18.2013 , 02:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
you're either very unlucky with your Qs or...well...maybe you only Q 2-3 WZs a night. doing 4 (max for daily) per night, I have the weekly done in at 5 days max. granted, if I run into a wall (4 losses). I'll call it a night and just take the daily. there are days like that on the pub toons too, btw. an hour and a half (max) per night will comfortably (inside the 7 day reset) net the weekly as a solo Qer on imp side.
Probably luck and there are no pre-mades killing me constantly. I haven't done my weekly on my Shadow since last Monday but that's also the day I knocked it out completely. Took about 2-3 hours. I think that was one of the days when queues popped back to back (8am until about 11am). Lost maybe 4 matches and won...9. Doesn't happen often but it happens more often on my Shadow than my GS or Knight. I even did a few more matches after I turned in my weekly to get more comms for War Hero gear for alts.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

WaywardSith
03.18.2013 , 02:31 PM | #18
These threads are funny. As a heavy IMP PvPer on JC, I'm surprised I haven't gouged my eyeballs out. Took a good bit to get full WH on my OP healer, and I can say the experience was pretty bad, especially as a solo q'r. My trooper, on the other hand, got his WH in 2 days -.-
To say there is an imbalance is an understatement.

TheCourier-
03.18.2013 , 02:47 PM | #19
Well, when half of the tough imperial players reroll to the republic side, of course the imperial side is going to lose most of the WZs that they play.

TeamDefiant
03.18.2013 , 03:16 PM | #20
My experience has been

Imperial Guild > Republic Guild > Republic Pug > Imperial Pug
Average republic pug = 2-4 people in recruit
Average imperial pug = 4-6 people in recruit

And I've noticed just as many pubs rerolling the other side as imps, and vice versa. I figure I'm part of the problem for the imps. I just completed my 50 operative/medic this weekend and spent all weekend healing into a half set of war hero. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be in a complete set and be part of the solution.

One thing I'll say about playing both sides is that I have a much keener sense of who the really dangerous and effective players are, no matter what side I'm playing from. The faction simulations are very insightful.