Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Covenant

iSoldat
03.17.2013 , 02:53 PM | #1
Have the imps stopped queuing? Every match I joined last night on my guardian was pub v pub. Talk about boring...

LastWizard
03.17.2013 , 03:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by iSoldat View Post
Have the imps stopped queuing? Every match I joined last night on my guardian was pub v pub. Talk about boring...
Been on JC for awhile. The reps dominate the imperials on that server. The reps have about 12-15 guilds that PvP, while the imp side has less than 5 that PvP, that are actually decent and can stand up to them. If you want fun or a challenge, make an imp, be for warned, you may rage quit due to the stupidity of some of the players.
Ptki-d-Pro-Op
-Fr Multi Spec Assassin
Many of you stumble blindly without someone to hold your leash, bow to me and I may give you purpose.

DariusCalera
03.17.2013 , 03:32 PM | #3
Most of my toons are 50 on the pub side. Have a lowbie sniper at 32 and I have to say that a lot of the lowbie imps really are bad at pvp.

Raddimus
03.17.2013 , 03:35 PM | #4
Can't leave out some of the truth as well.
Some imps that were good all rerolled pub to have it easy or they were recruited into pub guilds. This helped to push the imbalance even further.
They still have their imp toons but you will see them mainly on their pub toons since the roflstomping is over there.
Nobody likes to lose so for many it was a simple decision.

Rynis
03.17.2013 , 03:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Raddimus View Post
They still have their imp toons but you will see them mainly on their pub toons since the roflstomping is over there.
I primarily play pub now but not to roflstomp. Rolling pugs is ZERO fun (Unless I'm drunk). I don't know why people think it is.

I play pub more because I'm more likely to get into good matches. There are quite a lot of rep v rep and for the most part they are some good fights.

Now I'm not saying everyone on pub side feels this way, but I know quite a few.

Edit: And I don't like to rage quit and it's less likely when every match isn't filled with derps like this http://i.imgur.com/qbIm4Kq.jpg

ace_boogie
03.17.2013 , 05:22 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by iSoldat View Post

No but I wish some of them would.

Actually I dont know why I keep queueing, myself.
K'senia

DariusCalera
03.17.2013 , 05:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
no but i wish some of them would...

actually i dont know why I keep queueing, myself.
Same, I've decided that the level of badness being demonstrated right now is beyond my ability to tolerate.

Imperial lowbie PvP this weekend.

foxmob
03.17.2013 , 06:20 PM | #8
I wish ppl wouldn't reference lowbie - ever - when illustrating a point in pvp. there are numerous reasons, from lack of abilities to the utter stupidity of lowbies on every server I've ever played on. not a good point of reference. and yes, imp pvp is bad. no. it's not as bad as you think. some imp did a random sample and it turned out his solo pugging winning percentage over the course of ~ 1 week was near 50% (40-something). that's reasonable for any solo pug on any server.
Kracks and other assorted stuff on Jedi Covanent
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

PhilD
03.17.2013 , 07:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Same, I've decided that the level of badness being demonstrated right now is beyond my ability to tolerate.

Imperial lowbie PvP this weekend.
Ha, I've been using double XP to level via PvP all afternoon, and yeah, it's bad. I don't pretend to be one of the best players, or even a super high damage dealer, but I do understand the goals and strategies, and people have just been terrible.

I spawned into one CW tonight where I saw the snow speeder was up, took it, and arrived to find nobody there. Guarding our only node. I pretty much stayed at snow the whole match, while people behaved like in the video linked above, and still had the 3rd highest damage on the team.

Like I said in chat in one of my WZs, lord help them when they reach 50 and can't figure out why their 733t damage skillz (e.g., sub 50k damage) isn't helping them win the weekly.
The Finglonger Legacy

PhilD
03.17.2013 , 07:30 PM | #10
Oh, I also played a NC where I capped east, then got double-stealthed. I called incoming twice, all caps, died, respawned and called it again as they were capping, and one of my teammates said, "Too late." That resulted in a 3-cap btw.
The Finglonger Legacy