Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Oculus or Occulus?

Valnac
03.17.2013 , 10:33 AM | #1
I have seen both of these spellings used, but which is the actual spelling they used in the game?

I can't seem to remember...

Blackholeskipper
03.17.2013 , 10:56 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Valnac View Post
I have seen both of these spellings used, but which is the actual spelling they used in the game?

I can't seem to remember...

Apparently it's neither. In this video (at around 8:40) you can see it's spelt "Occlus," which is also what Darth Marr says. (linked from wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Nox#Darth_title).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OZmTLJ7sGU

Valnac
03.17.2013 , 11:04 AM | #3
Ok, and just so I'm clear, what alignment = what title? Light? Dark? Neutral?

Blackholeskipper
03.17.2013 , 11:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Valnac View Post
Ok, and just so I'm clear, what alignment = what title? Light? Dark? Neutral?
It's in the wookieepedia link: "The name accompanying the title is based on the player's alignment: If the player has a reputation as a master of the dark side, they are called Darth Nox; an "inscrutable reputation" (neutral) results in Darth Occlus; a reputation for serving the Empire (light side) marks the player as Darth Imperius.

Valnac
03.17.2013 , 11:43 AM | #5
Thank you very much!

Blackholeskipper
03.17.2013 , 11:50 AM | #6

YoshiRaphElan
03.19.2013 , 09:36 AM | #7
IMO Occlus is the worst name of the three, with Imperius being the best and Nox coming second.

Blackholeskipper
03.20.2013 , 07:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
IMO Occlus is the worst name of the three, with Imperius being the best and Nox coming second.
I agree, it makes me think of occlusion. or occlusal. as in how your teeth come together when you close your mouth. But then I study dentistry so I guess that's expected .

SithKoriandr
03.20.2013 , 07:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackholeskipper View Post
It's in the wookieepedia link: "The name accompanying the title is based on the player's alignment: If the player has a reputation as a master of the dark side, they are called Darth Nox; an "inscrutable reputation" (neutral) results in Darth Occlus; a reputation for serving the Empire (light side) marks the player as Darth Imperius.
Funny part though, is my Light Side Sith took every option that didn't help the Empire.

Blackholeskipper
03.20.2013 , 08:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Funny part though, is my Light Side Sith took every option that didn't help the Empire.
Yea, the game probably just looks at your alignment and not the choices you made. Would be more interesting and unpredicatable if it did though. But then, it's kinda hard to say exactly which options helped the empire. Overall many lightside choices do strengthen the Empire.