Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since sorcs are asking for cover on PTS forum

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Since sorcs are asking for cover on PTS forum

SEANeD
03.18.2013 , 02:33 PM | #41
Sorry Mr. biowareftw but if you use noxic you really have no idea whats going on in this game. You are clearly a troll bc you started this thread knowing you would ensue an argument with all of your bs points and ideas. Please stop or quit playing.

biowareftw
03.18.2013 , 02:59 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by SEANeD View Post
Sorry Mr. biowareftw but if you use noxic you really have no idea whats going on in this game. You are clearly a troll bc you started this thread knowing you would ensue an argument with all of your bs points and ideas. Please stop or quit playing.
Please explain how the rotation is different then what noxic posted. The hyrbid spec? That is a different spec. I made mention of the hybrid spec. It isn't any harder. It is still as easy as any ranged class in this game, and MUCH easier then most gunslinger/sniper dps specs.

I could care less about noxic. If I would have posted the elitist jerks website instead, would you have been happy? It is a freakin pve rotation. I know very well that people hate noxic because he just copies and pastes theorycrafting. My point was that it is the most mind numbing rotation in the game. It is.

I love how when you people can't argue anything I presented you just call me a troll.

Now go simcraft, why you can't succeed on a dumbed down gunslinger/sniper, and a healer that has always had viability in this game.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

Twin
03.18.2013 , 03:05 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
LOUD NOICES
I love lamp.

Sincerely,

//Lord Brick
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

Aebrynis
03.18.2013 , 03:24 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Monterone View Post
OP, your trolling attempts never cease to entertain.

Also, can you show us where the bad sorc touched you?
I was going to do my Cheech Marin impersonation: "Hey, amigo, pass that %$# over, man."

Sorcerers are OP...yeah...

Jaiyne
03.18.2013 , 03:28 PM | #45
Did you also suggest that scoundrels get an aoe knockback, force sprint (which is on a VERY SHORT COOLDOWN), a friendly pull, an immunity that can be used while stunned, bubbles for other people. a RANGED interrupt, a RANGED stun?
Yep, I agree with you. It might not be balanced - but my thought was, on a CD, perhaps wouldn't be too powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I think healing sorcs in particular are fine; but having immunity to long range leaps as a healer is something that really makes Ops more survivable than sorcs *shrug*
*Saeya*Shiva**Jaiyne*India*Syarae*

on some dead servers atm

rlamela
03.18.2013 , 03:49 PM | #46
Please explain how the rotation is different then what noxic posted. The hyrbid spec? That is a different spec. I made mention of the hybrid spec. It isn't any harder. It is still as easy as any ranged class in this game, and MUCH easier then most gunslinger/sniper dps specs.

I could care less about noxic. If I would have posted the elitist jerks website instead, would you have been happy? It is a freakin pve rotation. I know very well that people hate noxic because he just copies and pastes theorycrafting. My point was that it is the most mind numbing rotation in the game. It is.

I love how when you people can't argue anything I presented you just call me a troll.

Now go simcraft, why you can't succeed on a dumbed down gunslinger/sniper, and a healer that has always had viability in this game.
again you know nothing aboot how to play a balance sage. If you lead with mindcrush (which the link suggested) it will just be interrupted. You use mind crush when you have presence of mind proc. And force Slow and Project should be a part of your rotation and of course link didnt mention either ability. Sure bads will cry Project kills there force pool (but I'm not bad, so I dont have force Issues) When Project procs a 2nd project it is my hardest hitting single target ability. I have no issues with my sage as is. and you say we are a dumbed down version of sniper.... what a joke that is. Sniper/Slinger are a dumbed down version of us. I mean seriously what kind of bad needs to have interrupt immunity and not be able to be leapt to or pulled. You act like their rotation is hard. Sabotage Charge, Aim Shot, Charged Burst, Trick shot, Takedown/ I mean anyone can do that from 35M away when they know they cant be interrupted or leapt to. Then the babies also get to be immune to stuns when they hunker down. The class is beyond simple.

Jenna'syyde

biowareftw
03.18.2013 , 03:50 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
I was going to do my Cheech Marin impersonation: "Hey, amigo, pass that %$# over, man."

Sorcerers are OP...yeah...
Another person who can't read. Never, ever said that sorcs were OP. I said that sorcs have always been either A) head and shoulders above other healers, or B) just as viable (both op/scoundrel are just as viable atm).

That isn't changing in 2.0. Do you know how long it takes to gun down a well guarded healer? Add immunity that can be used during stuns or the force push away from the healers tank (to break guard) and coordinated burst?

Sorcs are not going to be hurting in 2.0. Not at all. DPS sorcs? Still going to be better then scoundrel/op/merc/commando dps specs. Those are the other healer hybrids in the game. If you are better then them? You have nothing to complain about.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

biowareftw
03.18.2013 , 04:02 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
again you know nothing aboot how to play a balance sage. If you lead with mindcrush (which the link suggested) it will just be interrupted. You use mind crush when you have presence of mind proc. And force Slow and Project should be a part of your rotation and of course link didnt mention either ability. Sure bads will cry Project kills there force pool (but I'm not bad, so I dont have force Issues) When Project procs a 2nd project it is my hardest hitting single target ability. I have no issues with my sage as is. and you say we are a dumbed down version of sniper.... what a joke that is. Sniper/Slinger are a dumbed down version of us. I mean seriously what kind of bad needs to have interrupt immunity and not be able to be leapt to or pulled. You act like their rotation is hard. Sabotage Charge, Aim Shot, Charged Burst, Trick shot, Takedown/ I mean anyone can do that from 35M away when they no they cant be interrupted or leapt to. Then the babies also get to be immune to stuns when they hunker down. The class is beyond simple.

Jenna'syyde
I said PVE ROTATION. Let me know how many times raid bosses switch from the tank and interrupt you. Make a video of it. That is one smart raid boss.

Now as far as a sniper/slinger being a dumbed down version of a sage/sorc? That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

You claim I don't know how to play your class (I know full well the hybrid specs is run over full balance/madness, that was a PVE COMMENT HAHA), yet you think snipers all open with aimed shot at a 2.5 second cast time.

Awesome story. I would read it again. I have been playing wrong this whole time. I thought a 1.5 second aimed shot off a proc was better then a 2.5 second one.

Guess I screwed up BIG TIME. Thanks for teaching me how to play my class. I should also never use my dot, bombs, orbital strike, series of shots (going to hit like a truck in 2.0), reset on series of shots, crit/accuracy buff. Oh yeah and why would I use shatter shot? Takes some armor off, applies a healing debuff. Obviously pointless skill. Also I always stand in one place, cus instasnipe procs are garbage. Much better to hardcast it, and not reset my shield. Also never use grenades on door caps, aoe shot on stealth, 2 def abilities, same number of CC a sorc has. Nope never. Never use any of that. Entrench? Another button you have to manually press. Rolling away from someone? Nope never do that either.

The only people you could ever kill with the combo you listed is in lowbie pvp. Level the sniper. It changes lol.

That is like me saying the sorc class consists of one dot and spamming one button, cus it works at low levels. Makes perfect sense. It is much harder then that of course. Later It involves 2-3 instant cast/procs (WHOA MAN SO MANY BUTTONS). There, are you happy now?

rlamela
03.18.2013 , 04:07 PM | #49
I said PVE ROTATION. Let me know how many times raid bosses switch from the tank and interrupt you. Make a video of it. That is one smart raid boss.

Now as far as a sniper/slinger being a dumbed down version of a sage/sorc? That might be the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

You claim I don't know how to play your class (I know full well the hybrid specs is run over full balance/madness, that was a PVE COMMENT HAHA), yet you think snipers all open with aimed shot at a 2.5 second cast time.

Awesome story. I would read it again. I have been playing wrong this whole time. I thought a 1.5 second aimed shot off a proc was better then a 2.5 second one.

Guess I screwed up BIG TIME. Thanks for teaching me how to play my class. I should also never use my dot, bombs, orbital strike, series of shots (going to hit like a truck in 2.0), reset on series of shots, crit/accuracy buff.

The only people you could ever kill with the combo you listed is in lowbie pvp. Level the sniper. It changes lol.

That is like me saying the sorc class consists of one dot and spamming one button, cus it works at low levels. Makes perfect sense.
who was ever talking aboot pve. PVE sages and commandos are boss. I mean if you are having issues in PVE with a DPS Sage or Commando then you should probably quit the game. I didnt put the abilities in order of use i just listed them.
And You told me I should only use 4 abilities. That I dont use Force slow, Force Armor, 3 heals, KB, Force Potency, Grenades, Cleanse, Salvation. Force Quake force speed and so on....You cant have it one way for my class and another way for your class.
And I play all 3 Ranged classes and Slinger is easiest in PVP. I dont play PVE cause PVE is garbage.

Jenna'syyde

biowareftw
03.18.2013 , 04:11 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
who was ever talking aboot pve. PVE sages and commandos are boss. I mean if you are having issues in PVE with a DPS Sage or Commando then you should probably quit the game. I didnt put th abilities in order of use i just listed them.
And You told me I should only use 4 abilities. That I dont use Force slow, Force Armor, 3 heals, KB, Force Potency, Grenades, Cleanse, Salvation. Force Quake force speed and so on....You cant have it one way for my class and another way for your class.

Jenna'syyde
Thanks for making my point. The dps rotation is simpler then other classes (cept commando/pt which are close). In pvp everyone has CC/def cooldowns/roots/kites.

You are basically agreeing with me...yet somehow, someway you have the idea that a sorc is a hard class to play. Despite using less buttons, with a simpler dps rotation.

Good argument. Thanks for playing sir.