Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since sorcs are asking for cover on PTS forum

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Since sorcs are asking for cover on PTS forum

Cretinus
03.18.2013 , 04:34 AM | #31
Oh, well. Let them keep DPS sorc as is. People will stop playing it in PvP and reroll assassin/shadow. I already did. Hell, I really enjoy kicking these 'sorc is fine l2p'-pyros/snipers/smashers butts from out of stealth. And if they try to get nasty then I go back to stealth and when I come back, I simply kill them. It's so funny to watch these fellows still looking out for their favourite freekill class sorc/sage, but there are hardly any left in WZs < 50. So dear pyros/snipers etc. say goodbye to your freekills.

Givemedanger
03.18.2013 , 04:46 AM | #32
Lol @ those noobs crying for cover (i bet all lightning spec). Lightning is for PVE not for PVP. Know this - not only other classes will try to kill you but my sorc also. Free kill.

Cretinus
03.18.2013 , 06:24 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
Lol @ those noobs crying for cover (i bet all lightning spec). Lightning is for PVE not for PVP. Know this - not only other classes will try to kill you but my sorc also. Free kill.
With that build of yours?! I'm not saying that lightening is the way to go, but your build is absolutely pants for PvP.

LarryRow
03.18.2013 , 09:55 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I would like to ask for the following things for other classes.

<snip>
If your point is that sorcs have amazing tools, you are right. I love, use, and abuse all their utilities: friendly pull, 30m lolinterrupt, aoe knockback, 30m lolinstant mez, speed, slows, bubble, instant self heal, 30 ranged aoe with no cooldown that hits around corners (rofl).

Their gap opener and gap maintainer abilities are a nice alternative to the sniper no-interrupt-from-cover concept. They need a little more burstiness and they'd be awesome.

Who should really be complaining (and they are) is the merc. I mean, cmon, one turret class that can't be interrupted (or even cc'ed half the time), and another that can get interrupted all day long? Who thought that would work out!?
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

biowareftw
03.18.2013 , 11:52 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
you lost all credibility with number 2. Madness/Balance isn't a hard rotation but pyrotechs is way easier. plus there are zero hard classes to play in this game. let me say this again there are 0 classes that are hard to play. if you find a class difficult to play then you my friend are bad. that is all. have a nice day

Jenna'syyde
http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/sith...-and-cooldowns

LOL? If you could modify a old Sega Genesis controller you could PVE on a sorc as dps. Oh yeah and the hybrid is just as easy. Lightning? Is like a dumbed down MM sniper.

Pyrotech IS easy but...
http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pve/boun...-and-cooldowns

Too funny. Also LOL even more at you thinking sorc's are unique in having a priority system. Every class in the game has procs and a priority system. The sorc's is just easier to manage, with one whole resource to watch. Add to that it is ranged which is has always been facroll as dps in raids in all mmo's.

I just LOVE when you kids try to say all classes are the same difficulty to play when the dev's SPECIFICALLY SAID IN BETA that some classes were DESIGNED to be challenging and some were not. The kicker? You sit there and say "all classes are the same", then in the same sentence you will cry about PYRO pt "being too easy" and "easier", which is only slightly easier in PvP only. You counter your own statements in your posts.

You own yourselves. You play a class made for new MMO players. You can't succeed on it. Congratulations. In before some genius on this thread rants about me being a Pyro PT again. I have one. I never play it. Why? I was bored of it long before I even finished leveling the class. It is like a 10 yard and in sorc. Simply not an engaging or fun, or challenging class.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

venomlash
03.18.2013 , 11:56 AM | #36
The sarcasm is strong with this one.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Jaiyne
03.18.2013 , 12:56 PM | #37
I had suggested a mechanic like cover for sorcs months ago, but it would probably have to be something with a CD.

Operatives/Scoundrels can heal from cover and get protection from long range leaps all day, everyday. A similar mechanic would be nice for a much more vulnerable class (no dodge, no vanish, light armour) - although again, it would need a CD since we already have force speed (of course, operatives now have roll so...hmmm)
*Saeya*Shiva**Jaiyne*India*Syarae*

on some dead servers atm

Philelectric
03.18.2013 , 01:08 PM | #38
The stupidity level of people unable to understand the difference between PTS and live server is over 9000. Oh and those are also unable to see the sarcasm of the OP...gg now your stupidity level is clearly over 9000
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

mrekxxx
03.18.2013 , 01:25 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
I would like to ask for the following things for other classes.

Everyone should get a ranged stun.

Everyone should get a friendly pull.

Everyone needs sprint. It isn't fair that a sorc can run back to a node/door after a death faster then other players.

Classes without a knockback? Get one.

Ranged interrupt on melee classes? Yes please.

Ranged slow on all melee classes. Yup I need this as well.

Instant cast 2-3 k heal that can't be dispelled (bubble). Yup. Definitely going to need that.

Lower all dps rotations to that of a madness sorc/hybrid so we can all play our classes on our X box controllers, while eating nachos.

All classes should be able to heal themselves when LOS'ing behind a pillar. I feel my Pyro PT needs this since sorc's have it. Wouldn't be OP at all. Also my carnage marauder would like it also. Root, los, heal self would be totally balanced.

Since all classes except jug are pigeonholed into one spec for ranked, but only sorcs feel the need to complain about it 24/7? We want other viable specs as well. We are going to throw a tantrum and DEMAND a developer talk to us until then as well. Getting our inner sorc on.

Also I would like a healing/tank spec for my marauder and sniper, so that at anytime I can respec for free and carry bad players in pugs. Topping dps just isn't enough sometimes.

Until 2.0? Everyone needs bubblestun baseline. Think about it sorcs! Less time spamming bubble. More time bunny hopping!

Instant aoe mes. Needs to be on all classes.

Melee attacks need a 30 meter range.

Cleanse. Hells yeah!

/signed all other classes who don't get any developer attention due to forums being dominated by crying sorcs. who yell at other sorcs, who say they are fine.
9/10 .. ppl just dont know how to proper play their class.... i suggest for ppl eho play sorc - get 1030 bonus dmg and if they are good, sorc can outdmg all dps ... its terrible when i inspect them and they have 820 bonus dmg only and cry on forum or in ops chat ... and i dont speak about utilities ...especially friendly pull i never seen except huttball... why is it so hard when got attacked to pull some friendly melee to help you?

biowareftw
03.18.2013 , 01:34 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaiyne View Post
I had suggested a mechanic like cover for sorcs months ago, but it would probably have to be something with a CD.

Operatives/Scoundrels can heal from cover and get protection from long range leaps all day, everyday. A similar mechanic would be nice for a much more vulnerable class (no dodge, no vanish, light armour) - although again, it would need a CD since we already have force speed (of course, operatives now have roll so...hmmm)
Did you also suggest that scoundrels get an aoe knockback, force sprint (which is on a VERY SHORT COOLDOWN), a friendly pull, an immunity that can be used while stunned, bubbles for other people. a RANGED interrupt, a RANGED stun?

Those suggestions would be just as dumb and just as vaild.

The idea that a sorc is struggling as a healer in ANY patch since release (and including 2.0) is asinine. As far as struggling as dps? DPS mercs, scoundrels would like a word with you. You are better then both as dps for warzones. You are FAR better as pve dps then the scoundrel.

As far as "light armor". It is 5 percent less then a scoundrel. 5 freakin percent. I guess sentinels/marauders are trash compared to dps jugs and powertechs right? Armor doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot in this game. Add to that? Many dps specs ignore armor anyways.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)