Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A New Versus Series!


Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.16.2013 , 01:36 PM | #21
Edit: Actually nvrm, shall wait till the battles..though Beni I wouldn't call Vitiate OP.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 01:38 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ooh! Sounds cool. However, a suggestion:

Perhaps not Vitiate: I mean, this guy is pretty OPed and I wouldn't find it hard to argue him beating pretty much everyone in this line-up. Also, the outcomes of all the battles he has been in have been inconclusive. Basically its difficult to pin down how powerful he actually is and all to easy to say he'll wipe the floor with everyone. But hey, your call.

Vitiate aside, these are the people I think have a chance of winning:

Malgus
Exar Kun
Vader
Kenobi
Traya

They seem to be the most powerful/cunning etc. IMO. But we shall see.
Don't worry, I have put Vitiate in a battle that will push him to the limits. I knew it would be thus. I think Vitiate will get defeated in the first round (he also may be the only one to beat his opponent too), but if you (among others) think Vitiate should be removed, then I will do so.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.16.2013 , 01:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Don't worry, I have put Vitiate in a battle that will push him to the limits. I knew it would be thus. I think Vitiate will get defeated in the first round (he also may be the only one to beat his opponent too), but if you (among others) think Vitiate should be removed, then I will do so.
He is alright, in the grand scheme of things.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.16.2013 , 01:56 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Don't worry, I have put Vitiate in a battle that will push him to the limits. I knew it would be thus. I think Vitiate will get defeated in the first round (he also may be the only one to beat his opponent too), but if you (among others) think Vitiate should be removed, then I will do so.
Oh, so were having 'arenas' as well? That could be interesting.

But basically, all I'm saying, you have to be careful with Vitiate. Yes he relies on rituals and the like but he has on numerous occasions displayed incredible feats of dark side power.

But if your confident this won't be a problem, then by all means go for it.

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
03.16.2013 , 03:57 PM | #25
I'm putting my money on Zannah. I am more of a Jedi fan than Sith, but she is one of my favorite Sith. I do have a question about Bane. Is this the Bane with or without those Obelisk things he "wore" for a while?

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 04:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
I'm putting my money on Zannah. I am more of a Jedi fan than Sith, but she is one of favorite Sith. I do have a question about Bane. Is this the Bane with or without those Obelisk things he "wore" for a while?
Bane is in his prime post-Orbalisk suit. Everyone will be at the peak of their power. Peak that we know of. Characters like Malgus or Vitiate could get more powerful as the TOR-era is expanded.

Zannah is an interesting pick. I put her in a tough match-up, but I am confident that her Sorcery will give her an edge.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Kilikaa's Avatar


Kilikaa
03.16.2013 , 04:06 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Bane is in his prime post-Orbalisk suit. Everyone will be at the peak of their power. Peak that we know of. Characters like Malgus or Vitiate could get more powerful as the TOR-era is expanded.

Zannah is an interesting pick. I put her in a tough match-up, but I am confident that her Sorcery will give her an edge.
Good to know about Bane. I liked him more when they were removed. I keep hoping for a new novel that focuses on Zannah aafter she killed Bane. She is just that interesting a character to me.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.16.2013 , 04:17 PM | #28
Ahh Aurbere, you sure you wanna put Arca in this?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.16.2013 , 05:00 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Ahh Aurbere, you sure you wanna put Arca in this?
Arca Jeth? He is a legendary duelist and master of the Light Side. Based on the bracket layout, Arca Jeth should make it to the third round.

I realize that some of these picks are going to become outclassed at one point in the tournament, but they are powerful in their own right and should do well. Granted a character like Arca Jeth probably won't win it all, but he makes for an interesting match-up.

If you have a suggestion for a replacement, though, go ahead and say so.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.16.2013 , 05:08 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Arca Jeth? He is a legendary duelist and master of the Light Side. Based on the bracket layout, Arca Jeth should make it to the third round.

I realize that some of these picks are going to become outclassed at one point in the tournament, but they are powerful in their own right and should do well. Granted a character like Arca Jeth probably won't win it all, but he makes for an interesting match-up.

If you have a suggestion for a replacement, though, go ahead and say so.
Well its just...most of the stuff I have looked up on him, his powers don't really seem to gear towards combat(except for like..2), there really isn't any feats of 1 on 1 with him, and while its stated he is a legendary saber duelist that seems rather vague and we don't really know his form of combat.

But I can't really think of any replacement, so I guess he can do.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.