Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Force Lift Training

Tyranaal
03.16.2013 , 09:58 AM | #1
Is there any reason to train this skill? It isn't even like Force Stun, where the meager amount of damage is increased. There doesn't seem to be any variables that could go up for this skill.

Philelectric
03.16.2013 , 10:16 AM | #2
It simple...because it a CC...

You can CC an Elite mob while you fight the others or if you pvp you can try to solo cap a node, bait the CC breaker of the ennemy and then use force lift to cap.

is there any reason to think about NOT trainning force lift?
Guarding a healer is not only the job the the skill ''guard''. It is also your job to stay around the healer to be a plague for the people attacking the healer.

-Wes-
03.16.2013 , 02:03 PM | #3
I don't see any reason not to train it. But, I also don't see any reason to use it if you'r ea shadow. It works differently for a sage, which is to say it is an effective crowd control (CC) for them. For a shadow, it lasts only 8 seconds, but takes a couple seconds to activate, so all said I don't think it is worth the trouble.
\~~~~~The von Theissenburg Legacy~~~~~/

slafko
03.18.2013 , 02:20 AM | #4
What Wes said.

Sage - use Force Lift as a great CC.
Shadow - not worth having it on your skillbar.

Twickers
03.19.2013 , 01:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
What Wes said.

Pretty much this, for a sage it's pretty much a must have since it's a CC and you will need to be using CC towards the end, for shadows it's barely worth it, there might be situational moments with it, but you have mind maze to CC a target before a pull
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Tyranaal
03.28.2013 , 05:10 PM | #6
I USE Force Lift plenty. I'm asking, is there a reason to invest in it past the first rank? Or is that even an option?

slafko
03.29.2013 , 01:30 AM | #7
It's always fun to watch several weak mobs hanging in air while you're killing their friends. That said, it can be useful when you're running your daily quests but I wouldn't use it (invest points in it) when joining ops. The points will be wasted and you're better off investing them somewhere else if you don't need them to progress higher in that particular tree.

Quellryloth
03.29.2013 , 02:03 AM | #8
No, there is no reason to train it -- but I looked at my level 50 Sage, and there appears to be no option to do so either (it has no rank). Why do you ask?

Syas
03.29.2013 , 08:45 AM | #9
Mind Maze is way better than Force Lift for Shadows, I have used Force Lift occasionally in tough fights if I break my own Maze though.
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

steave
03.30.2013 , 07:50 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
What Wes said.

For PVE you're correct, but in PVP all CCs last a max of 8 seconds anyway and you can spec it to be an instant cast, which makes it awesome.