Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

DariusCalera
03.15.2013 , 07:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
No, the premades wont rage like the pugs are actualy doing
And they only rage if the premade is on the other side. If it's on theirs and they win it's all fine.

sirullrich
03.15.2013 , 07:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
You don't get any ranked comms for unranked matches now, unless you mean remove the trade in feature, which is kinda crappy as it is anyway at 3-1. You lose against a pre-made and it's so bad you only manage 3 medals or whatever for 45 coms, that's like 15 ranked comms.... BFD.

Or if that's the case, then no higher than WH gear in unranked matches.

^^^Though, for the record, I don't have a problem with 4 man premades in unranked as a pugger myself. It goes both ways as sometimes you get a 4 man on your team. It's really just the luck of the draw. If anything I would rather see better matchmaking rather than punishing groups. Some script BW could implement that would try to fill in one 4 man on each side first if available...or something along those lines.
Wrong you get them after you finish daily and weekly.

sirullrich
03.15.2013 , 07:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Looking at how some premade players are responding every time the issue is brought up I'd say yes. They've time and time again manifested that they're not interested in sportmanship.

That said, the crappy premades would be even more upset because they would get rolled in every game.

Hence, it would only move the problem from one group, pugs, to another, bad premades, if they were to implement such a system. Now, i think they should add such a filter to MM but I think it has to come with some form of average team rating and x-server to support that there will be rotation between who people get to play. Otherwise we'd end up in a situation similar to rateds where some teams, good teams, fear the even better teams and don't queue at all in fear of losing too big.
We don't bring up the issue until the pugs keep crying. There are 3 post about this from pugs.

-IceHawk-
03.15.2013 , 07:46 PM | #24
Why do we run Premades?

Two reasons: I have friends who want to play with me and I like to play with skilled players.

An active Grouped Queue that matches groups of 2-4 together would be awesome, unfortunately the servers lack the population to support it at the moment.

Achyllis
03.15.2013 , 08:33 PM | #25
Bring it.

By the way - you have the power to implement this now. Don't queue solo . . .
The Harbinger server
Sneakey - Scoundrel healer, refugee from Bloodfin in SWG

Stories completed: Operative, Sorcerer, Scoundrel, Mercenary, Juggernaut, Trooper

MotorCityMan
03.15.2013 , 08:45 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Or things are just left as they are and players learn to adapt and overcome.
Or they just get tired of it and don't play SWTOR pvp. There are plenty of other options.

biowareftw
03.15.2013 , 09:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Why do we run Premades?

Two reasons: I have friends who want to play with me and I like to play with skilled players.

An active Grouped Queue that matches groups of 2-4 together would be awesome, unfortunately the servers lack the population to support it at the moment.
Translation. We aren't good enough to play ranked, we get rolled in ranked, and we like having heals/tanks against all dps or unguarded healers, while also using heal pots and adrenals against people in recruit gear who can't afford heal pots/adrenals.

I would pay to see some of these kids play a ranked match. I would pay even more to here them rage on voicecom...
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

MidichIorian
03.15.2013 , 10:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
We don't bring up the issue until the pugs keep crying. There are 3 post about this from pugs.
Why would you even bring it up? That would be like complaining about having too much money.

MotorCityMan
03.15.2013 , 10:28 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
We don't know that for certain. If so, would cross server queuing solve it? Also it doesn't have to be an either-or scenario. A matchmaking system would be easy to devise that matched groups against groups preferentially, and only secondarily against pugs. With such a system, solo players would still be facing premades, but less frequently.

stupidsyrup
03.16.2013 , 01:06 AM | #30
I solo often but not as often as me and my 3 buds who made a guild queue. I really don't want to wait longer to be queued with another group. If the opposing team hates it that bad they can leave and re-queue. And I don't care to fight a premade. Great for them it means they (1) have a life with friends that play too (like me) or (2) are very active in their guild and honestly should be commended for that alone.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens