Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

Zhaker's Avatar


Zhaker
03.19.2013 , 03:34 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
Zhaker looks at both sides of what I said. I want premade vs premade more than anything. And if this occurs I will be on a premade at least half of the time.

Also, your point is not very good since pug vs pug is more competition than pug vs premade. This is obvious.

So I want a better matchmaking system with more premade vs premade and more pug vs pug and you say this is less competition?

Please think about what you are saying.
Sorry here's what I why Forced Premade vs Premade shouldn't really happen:

1. Not enough premades: I see maybe 2 or 3 premades for 8 Regular WZ matches in Harbinger, SO they're not farming me, and its not like they're 2 shotting me. Unless you want to count 2 people as a premade which I dont even count, premade is 4 ppl, not 3, not 2, but 4.

2. Premades vs Premades do happen often: Everytime I see a premade opposite side I have a 30% chance of a premade on my side. Or If I premade I 50% have a chance to face against another premade, hell dare I say it I go up against a Super queue of 2 to 3 premades of republic about 30%. So if you arent seeing it then its your server imbalance , server population or that the majority of people on your server wisened up and found groups to premade with.

3. PuGs steamroll as well: In PuG vs PuG whoever has the better gear will STEAMROLL and ROFLSTOMP the other PuG more often than not. The difference in STEAMROLLING between PuG and Premade is that Premade will USUALLY want to win fast unless you piss them off vs PUG will ALWAYS want to farm ppl and get alot of DPS to screenshot. Which do you prefer, being farmed and screenshotted? or a game ending fast?

4. Anything that increase queue time is ****ed up: So if this force premade vs premade thing happen on off peak times then it sounds like premade wont be allowed to do and WZ forcing them to split up and solo queue at the same time, to be able to queue together. So NOW they're going to abusing the system, what you going to report them?

5. Why cant you premade? I love how people make this assumption, there is a reason why this happen, and if you think its unfair then group up, I cant see WHY you cant find people or why you keep trying to force yourself to group with a bunch of idiots. Stop this casual ********, you're at 50 that means ur serious end game at this point, if you're not reroll and play class story, stop messing about the end game ppl that want to do 50 WZ PvP or OPs.

I dont premade just to ROFLSTOMP, I premade to AVOID STUPID. If I didnt have STUPIDS, I would gladly PUG it.

So you want to make WZ worse by forcing premade to vs premade fine go ahead, it doesnt affect me IN ANY way cause your asinine assumption is that I WANT TO ROFLSTOMP. Idiot.

I support what Premade does and I PuG 80% of the time. Hell the only RWZ i get is kick ball from my server.

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.19.2013 , 04:48 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Netpass View Post
Exactly the same about pugs:
I don't think forcing pugs to play with premades is a good thing. Premades have been together for a months and they just roll unorganised fresh pug teams which can be quite discouraging fro new players.



Matchmaking can wait. Let them make separated warzones for pugs first, then they can implement some matchmaking system.
Oh ok so we'll file you under selfish whiner who doesn't deserve an opinion then. Why can matchmaking wait but it's absolutely crucial for queues to be separated? You deserve to get rolled dude.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Netpass's Avatar


Netpass
03.20.2013 , 05:41 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Oh ok so we'll file you under selfish whiner who doesn't deserve an opinion then. Why can matchmaking wait but it's absolutely crucial for queues to be separated? You deserve to get rolled dude.
Dude, it looks like we are speaking about the same thing from defferent positions....
IF making matchmaking will involve queues separation, then YES, Bioware should make such system in 2.0.

Uvirith's Avatar


Uvirith
03.20.2013 , 08:56 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by jgoldsack View Post
Or things are just left as they are and players learn to adapt and overcome.
As a premade-player myself I can say there is no way PUGs will ever be able to overcome the advantages of a trained group with TS and dedicated roles.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

Briggs_Knightly's Avatar


Briggs_Knightly
03.21.2013 , 09:08 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Seems to me that how he wants to play carries an intrinsic risk of getting stuck with a team of bads against another team which has a premade or two. That is what we like to call a consequence. If he doesn't like the consequences he should maybe consider a different choice.
I am considering a different choice... it is called WoW or GW2 or even DAoC.
When too many of us make this choice (the correct choice for us) than all the worries about Q times will come true. Because the population will plummet as the game dies...
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
EA/BW: Please FIRE all who worked on PVP for incompetence. Thx.
50-Merc 50-Op 50-VG 40-GunS 50-Jug 50-Shadow 40-Sent 40-Sorc
OK, I have given up on EA/BW! Any suggestions for my next game?

Jeffor's Avatar


Jeffor
03.21.2013 , 09:44 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by MotorCityMan View Post
Or they just get tired of it and don't play SWTOR pvp. There are plenty of other options.
This has been the most popular choice from what I've seen. You can't just queue into a match to have fun in this game.
LotRO: Jeffaman/Lilnooblet/Jeffrandir/Cephus-Brandywine Server
SWG: Cephus/Herodotus Tchuck'Tchuck'aachoo-Ahazi Server (At one with the force)
SWTOR: Cephus TchukTchukAchoo-Jedi Sentinel-The Swiftsure Server
Farewell SWG Gone but not forgotten S238

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
03.21.2013 , 12:28 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Netpass View Post
Dude, it looks like we are speaking about the same thing from defferent positions....
IF making matchmaking will involve queues separation, then YES, Bioware should make such system in 2.0.
Why would there need to be queue separation when matchmaking is ensuring, as much as possible, that fresh 50s solo queued aren't getting rolled by top skill players in min/maxed EWH?

Especially unless and until cross server queues become a thing, having good matchmaking AND separating queues just leads to lower queue times for everyone.

Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post
I am considering a different choicer... it is called WoW or GW2 or even DAoC.
When too many of us make this choice (the correct choice for us) than all the worries about Q times will come true. Because the population will plummet as the game dies...
Yep, you are free to make any of those choices.

Quite a lot of people made a similar choice when GW2 came out. We're still doing fine. I doubt there are enough of you around to still make that choice though.

Of course if they make the changes you would seem to want, then they might piss off a larger remaining player base and cause THEM to leave when no one can play with friends without getting steamrolled by top tier premades, and I'm not convinced solo queuers will ultimately be any happier than they are now.

It used to be gear, right now it's premades. If they did what you'd want you'd complain about flat out better players being sent against you. Why not just cut out the middleman?

Then we can skip to the part where people start having invent new things to whine about to explain why they don't have fun doing warzones.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
03.21.2013 , 03:03 PM | #128
Yes they would. And by the obvious premade player replies you can tell that would be something they would dread because their medal/win count would be considerably lower.

Today we had some of the best solo pug players go up against a dual premade in voidstar and although we had the most kills we could not collectively win because we didn't fully know each others abilities. The premades we played would have certainly lost to any better than average premade so a guild like that would probably lose it's purpose and disintegrate back into it's original pug form.

cycao's Avatar


cycao
03.21.2013 , 03:05 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Yes they would. And by the obvious premade player replies you can tell that would be something they would dread because their medal/win count would be considerably lower.

Today we had some of the best solo pug players go up against a dual premade in voidstar and although we had the most kills we could not collectively win because we didn't fully know each others abilities. The premades we played would have certainly lost to any better than average premade so a guild like that would probably lose it's purpose and disintegrate back into it's original pug form.
Everything is now clear to me, jesus is a flying spaghetti monster.

HuaRya's Avatar


HuaRya
03.21.2013 , 03:37 PM | #130
It's so funny they vehemently opposed to the notion of pug vs pug that they deride any comments on the matter as being idiocy.

My recommendations to premades is to stay in your protective group as long as you can cause eventually the parameters will be set where you cannot take advantage of a random group of pugs newer to the game