Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Would those in premades rage if they were banned from fighting pugs?

UltimateKrucible
03.15.2013 , 01:57 PM | #1
Just thought I'd look at this from the other side.

Suppose premade groups were stopped from queing against pick-up groups, and could only queue against each other. It's what a lot of people have been calling for, after all.

Would you guys accept your fate or rage about it?

Answer honestly.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

cycao
03.15.2013 , 01:59 PM | #2
Nope.

Koyaanisqat
03.15.2013 , 02:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
Just thought I'd look at this from the other side.

Suppose premade groups were stopped from queing against pick-up groups, and could only queue against each other. It's what a lot of people have been calling for, after all.

Would you guys accept your fate or rage about it?

Answer honestly.
Would solo queuers rage if they were banned from getting Ranked commendations without joining ranked warzones?
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Ridickilis
03.15.2013 , 02:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Koyaanisqat View Post
Would solo queuers rage if they were banned from getting Ranked commendations without joining ranked warzones?
You don't get any ranked comms for unranked matches now, unless you mean remove the trade in feature, which is kinda crappy as it is anyway at 3-1. You lose against a pre-made and it's so bad you only manage 3 medals or whatever for 45 coms, that's like 15 ranked comms.... BFD.

Or if that's the case, then no higher than WH gear in unranked matches.

^^^Though, for the record, I don't have a problem with 4 man premades in unranked as a pugger myself. It goes both ways as sometimes you get a 4 man on your team. It's really just the luck of the draw. If anything I would rather see better matchmaking rather than punishing groups. Some script BW could implement that would try to fill in one 4 man on each side first if available...or something along those lines.

DeepFreese
03.15.2013 , 02:17 PM | #5
I queue both in premades and solo very frequently. I would not rage if the queue times did not get longer, but even a small increase in queue time(Let's say 2 minutes) would be very frustrating. With a very small player base that swtor has it would be unreasonable for them to split brackets. Queue times would increase by too much making the game far less enjoyable. I know you all claim to be casual players who never have time to premade, but there are other casual players playing at your time. Nobody is saying you should run with the same 3 people every time you queue. Build a friends list. If you are even decent and fairly sociable people will want to play with you. It's everyone's choice to not group up. If you lose because of it that is also directly your choice.
Creus
Robbs(Sniper) Robs(Assassin) Croozz(Jugg) Harata(Guardian) Se'an(Powertech) and Se-an(Marauder)
The Squirtle Squad[The Harbinger}

Vember
03.15.2013 , 02:20 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Nope.
Yes. It already happened, in Rift. Trion proved this point conclusively.

biowareftw
03.15.2013 , 03:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
Nope.
The decent players won't complain. There is nothing fun about pug stomping and not even dying while fighting people with no heals/tanks.

That said. Servers need to be merged so queue times are shorter for premade vs premade. Also some rules need to go in effect.

1. No respeccing should be allowed inside WZ's.
2. People that queue with a healer and a tank, should be forced to play other groups with a healer and tank.
3. The max allowed should be 3 so that it stops people from queuing 2 heals 1 tank and a dps.

1-3 can't happen without a warzone server merge. Some realms would be fine like mine (pot5), while other realms would have long queues.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

jgoldsack
03.15.2013 , 03:38 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
The decent players won't complain. There is nothing fun about pug stomping and not even dying while fighting people with no heals/tanks.

That said. Servers need to be merged so queue times are shorter for premade vs premade. Also some rules need to go in effect.

1. No respeccing should be allowed inside WZ's.
2. People that queue with a healer and a tank, should be forced to play other groups with a healer and tank.
3. The max allowed should be 3 so that it stops people from queuing 2 heals 1 tank and a dps.

1-3 can't happen without a warzone server merge. Some realms would be fine like mine (pot5), while other realms would have long queues.
Or things are just left as they are and players learn to adapt and overcome.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

Briggs_Knightly
03.15.2013 , 04:41 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ridickilis View Post
...If anything I would rather see better matchmaking rather than punishing groups. Some script BW could implement that would try to fill in one 4 man on each side first if available...or something along those lines.
The problem with "matchmaking" is that the really good solo Q player (high rank) would ALWAYS get stuck anchoring the non-team side. It will often end up with him on a team of 1-2 good players against a team of at least 4 good players. He/she will ALMOST ALWAYS be at a disadvantage.
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_
EA/BW: Please FIRE all who worked on PVP for incompetence. Thx.
50-Merc 50-Op 50-VG 40-GunS 50-Jug 50-Shadow 40-Sent 40-Sorc
OK, I have given up on EA/BW! Any suggestions for my next game?