Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvPointless

DarthBusey
12.20.2011 , 07:12 PM | #21
Im having fun.

Jnaathra
12.20.2011 , 07:18 PM | #22
I put my 24 Marauder (Sent) on the shelf since Empire plays 80% huttball matches. It was just to frustrating to have little or no CC/Utility in that environment of chutes and ladders.

I do see the Jug/Knight having a good time in there (higher lvl ones) once they get the ability to not only charge, but also leap to an ally they can score really really well.

Lijun
12.20.2011 , 07:59 PM | #23
I healed in many many MMOs, love to PvP heal. I really enjoy knowing I am making a difference on the battle field for my team, many times the presence of a healer can sway the tide of the battle.

Unfortunately after being in general beta I realized healing in SWTOR was too weak, and I felt gimped as a healer. Compared to many other games where a well played healer is not gonna be taken down easy, in SWTOR right now, the DPS is king.

Therefore, instead of my Sage being a healer as intended, dishing out the heals for my comrades to keep them alive long enough to down our enemies... I too joined the DPS and my Sage is a nuker, more of a mage with a random heal or bubble here and there.

Just too bad they made healers so weak imo, healing is rewarding to some of us, I know I have done it in just about every major MMO released in the last 10yrs, but at this point SWTOR wont be seeing my heals i dont think.

Why would you gimp healers in pvp....

Birdflew
12.20.2011 , 08:11 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lijun View Post
I healed in many many MMOs, love to PvP heal. I really enjoy knowing I am making a difference on the battle field for my team, many times the presence of a healer can sway the tide of the battle.

Unfortunately after being in general beta I realized healing in SWTOR was too weak, and I felt gimped as a healer. Compared to many other games where a well played healer is not gonna be taken down easy, in SWTOR right now, the DPS is king.

Therefore, instead of my Sage being a healer as intended, dishing out the heals for my comrades to keep them alive long enough to down our enemies... I too joined the DPS and my Sage is a nuker, more of a mage with a random heal or bubble here and there.

Just too bad they made healers so weak imo, healing is rewarding to some of us, I know I have done it in just about every major MMO released in the last 10yrs, but at this point SWTOR wont be seeing my heals i dont think.

Why would you gimp healers in pvp....

I too am a Sage healer and Iīm sry, but if you think heals are too weak you ARE doing it wrong.

Besides, I donīt really like to think of the Sage healer as a pure healer. More like something inbetween Dps and heals.

Infact, the only thing I find Sageīs are lacking is burst.

Which ofc should be the way.

Like someone else said. To outheal a dps is a piece of cake. Some CC, shield, a heal here, some dps there and I'm dandy.
I can easily hold a turrent in Alderaan against 2 opponents for quite some time.
Itīs all about good movement and CC.

Kleinone
12.20.2011 , 08:16 PM | #25
The no reward for open world PVP is really bad. I got my first bad guy kills today while questing, and I couldn't seem to find what I got for a reward. I kept thinking I must have missed it, whatever it is, but later I learned that I get nothing. This is ridiculous. The only thing I can think is that they must have thought it would be a good credit sink, where one person has to repair their gear. They just hope we kill each other for no good reason I guess, and enjoy doing it. Its a mess. Someone had to mention this in beta.

mistersleep
12.20.2011 , 08:48 PM | #26
Leg Shot = wasted Force Speed.
Knowledge without follow-through is worse than no knowledge at all. - Charles Bukowski

dougan
12.20.2011 , 08:54 PM | #27
People who cry about the 30% less healing crack me up.
Dougan

NwGKenny
12.21.2011 , 12:26 AM | #28
its obv you suck at pvp

btw the healing reduction is one of the best features of the pvp system

Jarfunkz
12.21.2011 , 12:36 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
- 30% reduction in healing received for engaging in PvP? Basically what you're saying is, nerf healers in pvp, or healers don't bother pvping, we've reduced your value by 30%?
- A warzone packed with ramps where any form of knockback (from any class) is an I win button?
- Raid frames broken so that health in them can never be trusted?
- Absolutely no reward whatsoever for open world pvp?
- Targets (and yourself!) disappearing through the floor Void Star?
- Resolve (CC immunity) completely failing to make any difference whatsoever in the majority of cases?
- Chain CC a serious problem where skill counts for nothing?
- An attractiveness of certain classes that means that almost 80% of an opponents team has ranged stun, slow, damage, healing, knock back and force speed?

I seriously can't be bothered to type any more than that. The list goes on and on. PvP is so frustrating in swtor it's unbelievable.

* In before the muppets: L2P > TLDR > go play something else > lose much > day 1 nerf call?

Frankly, those that cannot recognise any issues at all with pvp really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

IMPORTANT: By the way - allow us to choose which warzone we go into and all these issues are acceptable - I will just avoid Huttball completely.
Actually... Nerfing healers in pvp is not a bad thing. What you have failed to realize is that surge, crit, expertise, and power all increase healing potential as well as damage potential... I still see people crit healing for high 3000s all the time.

Healing is fine, you just never looked at the large picture. I have... Year vet here. There are a lot of cc's, but there are these classes called mages and sorcs that can take those debuffs off... A good one will, a bad one will just care about damage.
VicVega

stevesetoe
12.21.2011 , 01:07 AM | #30
It's funny that people are making fun of the OP when he is right about most things.

I don't agree with your complaint about healing being reduced tbh.
Healers are designed to keep an entire party alive in PVE. If their healing wasn't reduced in PVP you'd get unstoppbale clerics just running around with little to no way to kill them 1v1.

2 things I really agree with though,

No reward for open world PVP.
No, it's not just about "the fun of doing it"
It's pretty simple ,I'll still go after every Sith I run in to on any planet, but the difference is, most people won't bother coming out to PVP unless there is a reward, or a zerg being put together.
You know, the kind of PVP where people are being carried by their entire group to hide the fact they suck in PVP.

The majority of people will simply try to avoid solo pVP because there is no point to it.

My second concern is the resolve thing.
It doesn't seem to work very good and on top of that: what's with the CC breaker anyway.
It would be nice if they added atleast a 2 or 3 second immunity atfer it's been used.
Right now, you get stunned, you break it and people stun you right away right after it. It doesn't really help.

Other than that, this game is fine considering it's 1 day after official launch.