Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvPointless


Ellandess's Avatar


Ellandess
12.20.2011 , 03:56 PM | #1
- 30% reduction in healing received for engaging in PvP? Basically what you're saying is, nerf healers in pvp, or healers don't bother pvping, we've reduced your value by 30%?
- A warzone packed with ramps where any form of knockback (from any class) is an I win button?
- Raid frames broken so that health in them can never be trusted?
- Absolutely no reward whatsoever for open world pvp?
- Targets (and yourself!) disappearing through the floor Void Star?
- Resolve (CC immunity) completely failing to make any difference whatsoever in the majority of cases?
- Chain CC a serious problem where skill counts for nothing?
- An attractiveness of certain classes that means that almost 80% of an opponents team has ranged stun, slow, damage, healing, knock back and force speed?

I seriously can't be bothered to type any more than that. The list goes on and on. PvP is so frustrating in swtor it's unbelievable.

* In before the muppets: L2P > TLDR > go play something else > lose much > day 1 nerf call?

Frankly, those that cannot recognise any issues at all with pvp really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

IMPORTANT: By the way - allow us to choose which warzone we go into and all these issues are acceptable - I will just avoid Huttball completely.

Goldenchild's Avatar


Goldenchild
12.20.2011 , 04:12 PM | #2
I have been having fun in pvp. Maybe thats because I am blowing things up though. Will say that when you get caught by a couple of people I can get cc until dead even after using my "break free".
Goldenchild - Sage
<Final Chapter> - Jedi Covenant

glemmstengal's Avatar


glemmstengal
12.20.2011 , 04:18 PM | #3
I have to agree, it's especially awful as a melee when you trudge through so much crap in the Hutt Ball map just to get to your opponent then you are instantly knocked back and get to start all over, the best part is the path is so convoluted that by the time you reach him again his knock back is off cool down, yay

It was incredibly lazy of them to scale up stats instead of doing brackets too, I have seen a level 10 guy with no specialization selected enter the WZ on my side, just frustrating

Urothefox's Avatar


Urothefox
12.20.2011 , 04:29 PM | #4
Barring the lack of reward from open world pvp, I don't think the pvp in SWTOR is all that bad. The classes seem more or less balanced and I really haven't come across a class that was grossly overpowered. If you want ridiculous, imbalanced pvp with too much cc, go take a gander at Rift. That game is jacked up.

Edit: I do, however, agree with you about being able to choose the scenario. I'm not a big fan of Huttball (mostly because the announcer talks too much).

Ellandess's Avatar


Ellandess
12.20.2011 , 05:17 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Urothefox View Post
Barring the lack of reward from open world pvp, I don't think the pvp in SWTOR is all that bad. The classes seem more or less balanced and I really haven't come across a class that was grossly overpowered. If you want ridiculous, imbalanced pvp with too much cc, go take a gander at Rift. That game is jacked up.

Edit: I do, however, agree with you about being able to choose the scenario. I'm not a big fan of Huttball (mostly because the announcer talks too much).
You are forced into warzones because there is no progression in owpvp, forced into a random warzone, forced into an opposing team of 5 inquisitors and 3 bounty hunters and forced to suffer constant CC.

This is not the Force you were looking for.

Powerr's Avatar


Powerr
12.20.2011 , 05:22 PM | #6
Thank god gaming companies don't listen to people like you guys

Nothing can stop Power!
<Matchless>

Follow my LiveStream

Tugimus's Avatar


Tugimus
12.20.2011 , 05:23 PM | #7
I have vanguard trooper and jedi knight sentinel, and I thoroughly enjoy both of them in pvp. All healing is reduced by 30%, so it is balanced, and healers are still game changers despite of this. I like everything I have played in PvP so far, on both characters, so I don't mind the random queue.

In huttball, when you are the ball carrier you need to expect to die, and you must rely on teammates to get up ahead so you can pass the ball. You can pass up ramps and levels too, so if you get knocked down, not all is lost.

I can understand your frustrations, however I don't necessarily agree with them.
FORCEPLAY
Death Wind Corridor/

Nanotech's Avatar


Nanotech
12.20.2011 , 05:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Powerr View Post
Thank god gaming companies don't listen to people like you guys
Says the guy with the double-bladed lightsaber in his signature. We already know how Sith Inquisitors feel about PvP, kthx.

Birdflew's Avatar


Birdflew
12.20.2011 , 05:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellandess View Post
- 30% reduction in healing received for engaging in PvP? Basically what you're saying is, nerf healers in pvp, or healers don't bother pvping, we've reduced your value by 30%?
- A warzone packed with ramps where any form of knockback (from any class) is an I win button?
- Raid frames broken so that health in them can never be trusted?
- Absolutely no reward whatsoever for open world pvp?
- Targets (and yourself!) disappearing through the floor Void Star?
- Resolve (CC immunity) completely failing to make any difference whatsoever in the majority of cases?
- Chain CC a serious problem where skill counts for nothing?
- An attractiveness of certain classes that means that almost 80% of an opponents team has ranged stun, slow, damage, healing, knock back and force speed?

I seriously can't be bothered to type any more than that. The list goes on and on. PvP is so frustrating in swtor it's unbelievable.

* In before the muppets: L2P > TLDR > go play something else > lose much > day 1 nerf call?

Frankly, those that cannot recognise any issues at all with pvp really don't have a clue what they're talking about.

IMPORTANT: By the way - allow us to choose which warzone we go into and all these issues are acceptable - I will just avoid Huttball completely.

Yeah... Well... Hmmm...

.....

L2P

Makhbet's Avatar


Makhbet
12.20.2011 , 05:31 PM | #10
Wow OP, really? If you don't interrupt the healer there is no way you can dps through his healing as long as he has mana. Unless it's lvl 35 vs 14 or sth. Even with the 30% decrease to healing. So that part is done ok tbh.

I agree with the complaint about not being able to pick a wz I want to join. That way I'd never set my foot in Void Star again.
Legions of Lettow EU
Banehallow Legacy

Macgyver