Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maelstrom Prison HM boss problem

MorgothPl
03.14.2013 , 04:40 PM | #1
So, I made my first republic character, got her to 50 and I'm having problem with healing Maelstrom prison boss - that one that goes with champion bird, and likes to sneak a lot.

First of all, people can't interrupt his spinning strikes - the standard sage interrupt aint working, other classess interrupt doing nada too.

Then the boss stealthes, and it's game over for me. When he decloaks and stabs me, I get hit for 28k - and wearing half Tionese half Columi set and a clothie wearer with no damage reduction it's insta death. Same goes for DPSers,

Is there a way to break his stealth or to avoid his ****** 28k points attack?

ATAMIANM
03.14.2013 , 04:59 PM | #2
I have a tank with similar specs (half Columi/half Tionese) and had similar issues the other night. I think the important thing to do is have the tank focus on the boss while the bird gets killed first. Then everyone on the boss. I was using interrupts quite a bit, and eventually after 1 wipe we did get him down.

cabled
03.14.2013 , 05:08 PM | #3
tank has to hold aggro on the boss, kill bird first, just walk away from spinning strikes.
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

Banegio
03.14.2013 , 05:22 PM | #4
Move away from the spinning strikes. This is pretty much the same mechanics for several mobs/bosses in the game.

The attack immediately after the stealth shouldn't hit for 28k. It should be about 9k and rarely avoidable. I believe after that he does a stun. The tank just needs to taunt quickly after he is out of stealth.

I think the bird applies armor debuff. That might be the reason you took extra damage if you didn't kill it first.

VorKoom
03.15.2013 , 09:24 AM | #5
That boss has a very short enrage timer, Around a minute and a half I believe. So it's really a DPS race with him. The bird add must die first and walk away from spinning strikes you should be good.