Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has the Empire lost the war? Totally?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Has the Empire lost the war? Totally?

jovianus
04.01.2013 , 07:50 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
The one thing to note, though, (and forgive me, I cannot remember my source) is that I recall reading somewhere that the Republic never actually falls from the date of its creation until the events of Episode III.
Well no. We know that the Empire ultimately loses. But there's about 3000 years between the time frame of TOR up until the events of the movies. That's plenty of time for the war to seesaw back and forth, rather than just "The Republic always wins everything forever!"

Merras
04.01.2013 , 08:31 AM | #52
Forgive me, I haven't completed any of the class story lines yet, but just wanted to point out, that for every battle, there are losses on both sides. I don't know the method used by the Republic to defeat the Empire at Corellia, but I would imagine that they suffered heavy losses as well to take out 10% of the Empire's.
Not really. Heavy spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

As I see the Empire is doomed and I'll not drop a tear because of it.

FuryoftheStars
04.01.2013 , 10:21 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
Well no. We know that the Empire ultimately loses. But there's about 3000 years between the time frame of TOR up until the events of the movies. That's plenty of time for the war to seesaw back and forth, rather than just "The Republic always wins everything forever!"
Right... which I didn't say anything about. I merely said that the Republic is never truly defeated or made into a rag-tag group prior to Ep III.
The Shadowlands
||| Vanguard | Sage | Sentinel | Scoundrel

jovianus
04.01.2013 , 10:39 AM | #54
Right... which I didn't say anything about. I merely said that the Republic is never truly defeated or made into a rag-tag group prior to Ep III.
Right...but the thread is about whether the Empire has all ready lost the war.

zzoorrzz
04.01.2013 , 10:40 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Merras View Post
Not really. Heavy spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

As I see the Empire is doomed and I'll not drop a tear because of it.
Spoiler

jovianus
04.01.2013 , 10:59 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
Spoiler
Hmm, that's an interesting point, but I'm not sure we'd see them actually do anything with it, given that it only comes up as part of a specific companions conversation line if you raise affection.

So anyone who hasn't played an IA and run around with brosef Vector would kind of be like
Spoiler

zzoorrzz
04.01.2013 , 11:21 AM | #57
Hmm, that's an interesting point, but I'm not sure we'd see them actually do anything with it, given that it only comes up as part of a specific companions conversation line if you raise affection.

So anyone who hasn't played an IA and run around with brosef Vector would kind of be like
Spoiler
The fact that it's only side storyline doesn't mean it's less important. I take that as a huge boost for the Empire :-)

Ausstig
04.01.2013 , 06:51 PM | #58

Spoiler
Why is the Emperor dead?

What happened to the old Chancellor?

etc.

How are these any different?
Have Force lightning will travel

lokdron
04.01.2013 , 06:59 PM | #59
Just wait until makeb comes out trust me empire players will be satisfied.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Arijharn
04.01.2013 , 10:45 PM | #60
I do have a question though; is Sith fratricide really all that prevalent through the run of the mill? The Dark Council may have overall command, but do they actually exercise it? The ones who did specifically intrude (and I think it was Darth Jadus who was the primary one) were executed or imprisoned, but other than these cases, it seems rather isolationist.

Even if Wrath or Nox was secretly plotting against their master (...), for most of the storyline they seemed eager to tow the party line; aka, that of victory. As long as the master retains the respect of their apprentice, the chain is effectively formalized. Even in the case of a break, it seems rare that it would involve the wholesale slaughter of their assets (the Empire's assets) with the exception of Darth Jadus and Thanaton's. The losses of Darth Baras' as another example is, if memory serves, fairly light, because Darth Baras' assets are primarily intelligence assets.

Darth Thanaton may have called for the complete destruction of Darth Zash's assets following her death, but due to the responses of at the end of the SI storyline, it seemed unlikely to have happened, and Thanaton seemed to have expelled the majority of his resources combating the threat of Nox.