Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Gay Planet

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GratuaCuun
03.14.2013 , 06:21 AM | #1
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but I'm SHOCKED that this wasn't posted by some numb-head n00b on our beloved forums!

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/01/...on-gay-planet/
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

JediMB
03.14.2013 , 06:27 AM | #2
It's sort of old news by now.

I know it was brought up in the thread in the Lore forum a few times.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Doriru
03.14.2013 , 06:27 AM | #3
There was the thread and it was closed, so as this one will be.

tekhiun
03.14.2013 , 06:30 AM | #4
It is quite sad that we live in such an immature society. When people thing about SGR it seems like they think that at every onversation there will be a sexual related option. How much sexual related content is there in swtor now ? How much of the DGR relationship is part of the game now ? It's nearly non existent. The same will be with SGR , if you are not gay or doesn't want your character to be gay then simply don't choose SGR romance options, same way if you dont want to romance a character at live you can simply choose not to. This should be a non-issue.
Star Wars: Attack of the Cartel.

SentinelDranoel
03.14.2013 , 06:31 AM | #5
If it is that bad, the players could just go to a gay server. The only way that would work is if they had the ability to server transfer between servers. Oh well, looks like I will have to continue playing with my brothers and sisters in the LGBT community. This has never bothered me anyway, but playing with bigots is never fun though.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.

GratuaCuun
03.14.2013 , 06:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post

I figured it was, I work nights and have RL issues ATM so I was pretty sure I missed it, but this just struck me as something that one of our resident trolls should have posted... :P
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988

Helig
03.14.2013 , 06:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMB View Post

Old news, indeed. Faux News is notorious for misrepresentation of events.
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
If it is that bad, the players could just go to a gay server. The only way that would work is if they had the ability to server transfer between servers. Oh well, looks like I will have to continue playing with my brothers and sisters in the LGBT community. This has never bothered me anyway, but playing with bigots is never fun though.
Fully thing is - the "bigots" would probably support the idea.

I'm not a fan of segregation, though. Diversity is good, as long as its polarities don't cross certain lines.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

OddballEasyEight
03.14.2013 , 06:40 AM | #8
"thousands of letters of protest"...

Out of several hundreds of thousands of players... yup... sounds like a strong opposition there...
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

GratuaCuun
03.14.2013 , 06:44 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Out of several hundreds of thousands of players... yup... sounds like a strong opposition there...
Given what they said at the last EA quarterly thing, it may be back into the millions again

SentinelDranoel
03.14.2013 , 06:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Old news, indeed. Faux News is notorious for misrepresentation of events.

Fully thing is - the "bigots" would probably support the idea.

I'm not a fan of segregation, though. Diversity is good, as long as its polarities don't cross certain lines.
For anybody who wonder what it will be like, please play games from the Dragon Age and Mass Effect series.

By definition, a bigot would not support SGR no matter what we say. http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/bigot
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix 7/30/15 Returned for KotFE. Finally, a story expac.