Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

best lvl companion

badkratos
03.14.2013 , 05:13 AM | #1
Which companion do You prefer for lvl for gunslinger?

Sokee
03.14.2013 , 05:46 AM | #2
C2 until you get Gus

Ardarell_Solo
03.14.2013 , 05:54 AM | #3
Corso until you get
Spoiler

You need to command both of them to attack the strongest mob in the group, then you kill everything else and then join your tank and finish off the top baddie. You'll find the command for your companion to attack the current target in your companion's ability bar - best you keybind it.

Works best if you're biochem and use reusable medpacks for yourself / yourself and your companion. No fight in leveling is so tough that you wont survive with this tactic and one medpack usage (most fights you won't need them)

Bottom line is: This is WAY FASTER than going with a heal companion like C2 or
Spoiler

One thing: Gotta keep your tank equipped according to the planet you're on.
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troř (Vanguard) | Ianea (Shadow) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
GM <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> (T3-M4) -> Bewerbung
Freue mich Řber Feedback zu meinem Wachmann PVE Guide 4.0.

Sokee
03.14.2013 , 06:01 AM | #4
I'd much rather go go go then sit and flip a coin after every fight. To each his own.

LarryRow
04.01.2013 , 09:29 AM | #5
That's why you use a tank companion. I use Corso and give him all the mission reward gear. I send him in first. Sure, he will almost die or all the way die, but it's no biggie. Once the fight is over, I hit my rocket boots, speed to the next encounter, then dismount by hitting my class buffs. Boom, there's Corso with full health.

No rocket boots? Dismiss and resummon.

Tank companions rule for ranged dps.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Ardarell_Solo
04.02.2013 , 08:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sokee View Post
I'd much rather go go go then sit and flip a coin after every fight. To each his own.
If your tank is well equipped you can also easily do that. Mine is full campaign by now so I don't bother sending him in first: As soon as I attack anyone, he grabs aggro of the whole group and keeps it long enough, and the fight's over fast.
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage) | Vayus (Guardian)
Dacs (Commando) | Troř (Vanguard) | Ianea (Shadow) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
GM <Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> (T3-M4) -> Bewerbung
Freue mich Řber Feedback zu meinem Wachmann PVE Guide 4.0.

Tamanous
04.03.2013 , 06:06 PM | #7
I leveled from the start with HK-51 but obviously not everyone can. Even in end game I haven't had a use for any other companion.

AngelFluttershy
04.08.2013 , 01:37 PM | #8
Here was my order for GS.

Spoiler

I did this because I didn't have Biochem while leveling and was usually at level for the planet, so some of the fights were tough without a buffer. However, on my Scoundrel I only use the third companion as I was always over-leveled, had heals to hand out when needed, and carried a high burst.

ForsakenKing
04.09.2013 , 12:13 PM | #9
I used our ranged DPS character. I just enjoyed going through all the junk mods super fast and none of the boss fights were particularly hard. I was also leveling cybertech so our gear was usually up to date

Lightning_
04.11.2013 , 07:37 AM | #10
Corso, then Risha, then Guss.
Guss pretty much doubles the questing speed because you don't need to stop and heal up. The best comp for dailies and Makeb now.