Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Must buy items?

AussieAlan
03.13.2013 , 01:45 PM | #1
So I am level 27 sage healer, I have 90k credits.

What/is there any must buy items?, maybe orange gloves or boots?.

I was going to save for a holostatue but I remembered I will get one from pre order the dlc, so know I am wondering what to spend it on, or should I keep saving for later in the game?.

mrnnj
03.13.2013 , 01:55 PM | #2
Given how most MMOs work, you will out gear anything you buy in a couple missions or flashpoints. My suggestion would be a couple orange pieces and the mods for at level.
Knight Officer of the Order of the Silver Dragons
Chief Operating Officer: Mid-Atlantic, TauRadio

Adriaticon
03.13.2013 , 02:25 PM | #3
Save it for skill purchase, I'm at level 44 and the skill upgrades are now 25k each, I find myself short on funds often, oranges are good but the down side is having to craft or but upgrades for them every few Levels. Am wondering if you might be better off just using item that drop. You will be lower on stats but better off credit wise.
Kimba-lee Tk/Seer Sage Lvl 55
Welfare Officer of the Mud Dogs MDN

psandak
03.13.2013 , 02:29 PM | #4
There is absolutely nothing you MUST buy at any level. At all levels, whatever you participate in - solo questing, heroic missions, flashpoints, hard mode flashpoints, operations, and warzones, will provide you what you need to progress. Crafting and/or buying stuff off the GTM from crafters will only make those aspects of the game a little easier.

zejaie
03.13.2013 , 02:38 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AussieAlan View Post
So I am level 27 sage healer, I have 90k credits.

What/is there any must buy items?, maybe orange gloves or boots?.

I was going to save for a holostatue but I remembered I will get one from pre order the dlc, so know I am wondering what to spend it on, or should I keep saving for later in the game?.
A lot of flashpoints and other missions will have orange gear as rewards. Once you get some, use your money to buy mods for your gear. ALso, you can use your planetary comms to buy mods for your gear.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

ekwalizer
03.13.2013 , 02:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
There is absolutely nothing you MUST buy at any level. At all levels, whatever you participate in - solo questing, heroic missions, flashpoints, hard mode flashpoints, operations, and warzones, will provide you what you need to progress. Crafting and/or buying stuff off the GTM from crafters will only make those aspects of the game a little easier.
QFT.

Orange shells are ridiculously cheap now as a result of the Cartel Market. So you can pick up those for next to nothing. Planetary Heroics will also give you orange shells for free.

Use your planetary comms to buy armorings, mods and enhancements. It is perfectly OK to be 4-5 levels behind on your gear-to-level ratio.

Save your credits for purchasing abilities. Also, check the Public Test Server patch notes for 2.0 they are removing quite a few abilities - so there is no point in wasting credits now on things that will be stripped away in a few weeks.
Let this sink in, this game is Free to Play, boasts one of the most popular IPs on the planet and yet 76.47% of the servers are empty.

Rooff
03.13.2013 , 03:33 PM | #7
Orange gear also drops in flash points

AussieAlan
03.14.2013 , 02:00 AM | #8
OK, but I craft all my mods, I enjoy making my own stuff and picking mods which are far superior to the ones on offer from buying comms such as making critical endurance, and absorb enhancements.

As for group, I give up on them.

I know you can get orange from quests and such but its only legs and chest that I get, which is why I was thinking of getting boots and gloves, I saw them on gtn for 10k each, with level 4 slicing its not going to take too long to replace the money, besides I'm subbed, if i need more coins I figure I will just buy some major xp boosts with my free cartel coins and sell them on gtn.

lovefool
03.14.2013 , 02:58 AM | #9
If you want to get good gear run flashpoints, pick up the daily for flashpoints at the fleet to get the extra commendations and do hc missions on the respective planets, again for exp and gear/commendations for gear. Do not spend your money whilst levelling on buying gear from the GTN and especially not NPC vendors.

Save your money for when you are lvl 50 because, quite frankly, that is when it matters and that is when it is needed.
http://naurunappula.com/759013/yoda-tilaa-pizzaa.jpg

For anyone who wants to laugh till they cry!

sumuji
03.14.2013 , 06:43 AM | #10
You shouldn't really have to buy anything except for speeder and license and new abilites. Should be able to get by ok with drops or quest rewards. It's tempting to buy things but it's really not neccessary to get by your first time around to 50.