Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DaRoamer
03.13.2013 , 02:26 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
If we are going to keep this system can we at least make the certificats legacy bound as I have opened these packs on different alts and it is annoying that the certificates cannot be combined together.

Considering it is random whether a certificate will drop and due to the inventory space that the companion gifts and other stuff take up I cannot open all the packs I buy on one alt. Seems badly designed in my opinion but then again so are the Gree components.
That's a good idea.

Not that I'll ever buy enough packs to get 10 certificates. I bought a 24 pack of the new pack because I liked the items inside, I got 3 certificates. There is no way I buy another 48 packs, especially if they're changing the rep for each collections of packs. Hopefully those certificates can be traded in for new kinds in the future.

Tweaked
03.13.2013 , 02:28 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Hey, you know those exclusive items you got for buying that collectors edition? No one else can get those, ever. So you paid more for the game and got stuff that us poor people who just bought the standard edition didn't get. That's paying to win. Now I'll never be able to collect all the mounts in the game without spending extra money beyond my sub on a collectors box somewhere.
Sadly (for me) the Spiffy mount came with the digital deluxe edition as well as the CE.

I believe you can upgrade to DD for $5.

Jamus_Divinus
03.13.2013 , 02:29 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Tweaked View Post
will admit that i dropped $100 on these packs and i'm aaaaaaalmost legend already.
No you're not

The weekly cap is 36,000. Legend is 70,000. You are not close to Legend yet. Next week, maybe.

EDIT: Oops, unless you meant you are Champion level...then yes, you're next one up is Legend, grats!
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
500,000,000+ Mounts:262/270 Pets:225/241
Achievement points:39775 Ships mastered: 24/24

gripenfelter
03.13.2013 , 02:29 PM | #44
Pathetic and out of control.

DaRoamer
03.13.2013 , 02:31 PM | #45
Sadly (for me) the Spiffy mount came with the digital deluxe edition as well as the CE.

I believe you can upgrade to DD for $5.
The mount was just an example The point is, spending more REAL DOLLARS and getting extra stuff is not a new concept in MMOs.

Telanis
03.13.2013 , 02:34 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
The mount was just an example The point is, spending more REAL DOLLARS and getting extra stuff is not a new concept in MMOs.
There's a difference in degree here. Having a random chance to be able to afford a cosmetic item after spending hundreds of dollars is not nearly the same as "spend a little more and get X", especially when this is happening every time a pack comes out.

Tweaked
03.13.2013 , 02:34 PM | #47
All of these Cartel Rep items should REALLY be unbound. Your argument from day one about the "fairness" of the cartel market was that these items were not bound and were able to be freely sold on the GTN.

So let us be able to trade and sell these Reputation items. People who feel left out can then put their virtual money where there mouth is.

As you state many times in the Blog post: Money talks. This theme would continue in that you could then BUY reputation with in game credits.

Also, i think this would actually increase sales of cartel packs because people would then purchase them just to sell the reputation to other players. Especially if they already capped.

Inherently, a system that we've been told embraces a free market must continue to do so.

TheSeventhJedi
03.13.2013 , 02:34 PM | #48
I wanted to point out that your Math is incorrect. I will admit that i dropped $100 on these packs and i'm aaaaaaalmost legend already.

I figure $150 in packs should pretty much get anyone to Legend, even with horrible luck.
I'd also like to call bull. I had about $20 worth of CC saved up (a little more actually,) that I blew on packs yesterday hoping for some of that awesome KotOR armor, and I barely scratched newcomer. Didn't get all greens either.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Tweaked
03.13.2013 , 02:36 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
No you're not

The weekly cap is 36,000. Legend is 70,000. You are not close to Legend yet. Next week, maybe.

EDIT: Oops, unless you meant you are Champion level...then yes, you're next one up is Legend, grats!
Yeah, champ and i had horribad luck on rep items. countless stingy green bastards.
I got the spiffy champ armor if you want screenies.

chuixupu
03.13.2013 , 02:38 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesphin View Post
This still has to be confirmed. 5 months and i'm still waiting for content that worth F2P changes & CM.
I don't think we'll ever get any kind of breakdown for their income and where all the funds go.

However, I do know that creating story content, operations, developing new systems, new planets, are all a lot more expensive than making armor, speeders, and pets for packs. Heck, WoW whips those a a few days notice and throws them up for charity when there's some big disaster. :P

The overall quality of Makeb is going to say a lot about how much time and effort is going to the playability of the game, I think. If that was a total bust then I'd be awfully disappointed. They *say* that the income from the Cartel Market has allowed them to do a lot of cool stuff with Makeb. I really don't see much of a point in just saying "they're liars!" when I haven't even seen it yet.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant