Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JPryde
03.14.2013 , 06:23 AM | #121
As I am by now 100% sure, that there is noone left in Austin, who can follow the german boards, here is the consolidated and translated feedback from the german version of this thread... I will not translate the whole thread, but the key phrases as they are mentioned over there:

- "get lost with this piece of sh.."
- "worst mistake ever"
- "is cartel market selling running so bad, that this kind of advertising is necessary ?"
- "about to vomit... wrong, simply wrong"
- "totally suprised, how shi..y bioware is ... very disappointed"
- "lowest kind of behaviour ... purest greed"
- "barely acceptable, if it stays one faction like this .. totally unacceptable, if there are more to come of this kind"
- "rip off"
- "time to say good bye and find another game"
- "kind of reward system... but a very bad one"
- "purest greed... tasteless"
- "strictly against"
- "getting rid of customers, in favor of consumers"

TL;DR: The overall reaction is 0 positive, lots of negative posts.
~~~ Macht Wächter ~~~
Vanjervalis Chain
Jhoira, Skarjis, Trântor, Ric-Xano, Sabri-torina, Tir-za, Shaina ...
We do not brake for Wookiees !

Thaladan
03.14.2013 , 06:46 AM | #122
a thread just for the cartel reputation omg wonderfull

why no thread for voss reputation? space reputation?

because cartel reputation is money ! money money money !!!

2 official topics about cartel market and cartel reputation, you just care of our credit card.

thanks but no thanks.

DarkTrooperV
03.14.2013 , 06:53 AM | #123
Normally, I would want to go into a tirade about this. Because of how ethically wrong this is (but as we know, no corporations in America have any kind of ethicis, anyone surprised?). But instead, I'm going to put in a suggestion. Maybe EA will listen (doubtful), maybe they won't (most likely).

People don't want to spend hard earned money on top of a subscription they pay. Those paying subscriptions. Or if they do, they don't drop $200 at a rip. Some do, some don't. Now let me say that I'm taking this from what I'm seeing here. Ok, so, why not institute another option. Why not allow us to exchange our ingame credits (the currency) to Cartel Coins? Have the exchange rate be....ah heck, I duuno, 1000 credits for 100 Cartel Coins. Just throwing a number out there. And do an exchange back from Cartel Coins back to credits. Circulate the currency so it becomes a self sustaining economy. People will still by Cartel Coins with real money. So you aren't losing anything. But it does not punish people. Guess what other game does this and is 100% SUCCESSFUL.

*whispers* Guild Wars 2.

Is it FLAWLESS? No, I never said it would be. But it does work. People still spend real money. But you still give people another route.
"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." -Padme Amadala "You were the Chosen One! It was said you were to destroy the Sith! Not join them!" -Obi Wan Kenobi RIP: Star Wars Galaxies. You will be missed.

Leonalis
03.14.2013 , 07:07 AM | #124
At this point I wish to thank Mr Jorgensen CFO of EA.

Thank you! For you and your company, we are now finally consumers. We are no more customers.We have only one task. We should spend money thoughtlessly. This is the only task that consumers have.

And something in a game that is suitable for children from 12 years.

You could also earn more money in a better way. But I think you would hold your reputation. An this is not the best.

DarkTrooperV
03.14.2013 , 07:16 AM | #125
I just sent this message to Mr. Musco:

Spoiler
"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." -Padme Amadala "You were the Chosen One! It was said you were to destroy the Sith! Not join them!" -Obi Wan Kenobi RIP: Star Wars Galaxies. You will be missed.

Zojun
03.14.2013 , 07:24 AM | #126
With this step you've crossed a border you never schould have to....

The way €A is forcing everyone, from 12 years old children to adults, to buy at the cartel market is awful.
But now we do know, that we're only consumers....

You guys should be ashamed of what you're doing...
Das Gute hängt vom Blickwinkel des Betrachters ab. Die Sith und die Jedi gleichen sich in fast sämtlichen Belangen..

HanStyle
03.14.2013 , 07:28 AM | #127
Remove this cr**p already , Enough is enough

Ardarell_Solo
03.14.2013 , 07:40 AM | #128
You have strategically implemented Pay2Gather.

You promote achievements and reputation as a major source of player motivation from now on (1.7., Gree event) and especially come 2.0

You then implement a reputation faction that is exclusively accessible via real money and not even fully tradeable via ingame credits.

You are, whilst doing this, well aware of the fact that a substancial number of players is underage and easily tempted by the combination of the above. That awareness clearly led to the way you designed contraband packs. You even have the impudence of seemingly ironically incorporating this strategy into ingame lore ("The Contraband Resale Corporation is pleased to barter with their most frequent customers. However, nothing with the Hutts is ever free*") (*BTW: Neither is Makeb, though it should have been, given your earlier announcements, so congratz on this unmasking verbalization)

Your only way out of this if offering an ingame alternative for obtaining contraband reputation, be it rare and hard to grind as it may.

Otherwise it will be hard even for your most loyal buyers to delude themselves that you have a healthy balance of money-making and customer care. If at all you are interested in long term success of this game you will have to work on that balance. Seeing what you are doing right now I'm beginning to doubt you actually are. And I'm not looking for an answer to that, for if it was nay, you could never communicate that openly. But sometimes actions speak way louder than words...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan>
T3-M4

Kelremar
03.14.2013 , 07:43 AM | #129
When BioWare announced the f2p option one of the developers told us that one of their goals is to give subscribers more than they got before. But with every update to the Cartel Market, especially this one, it becomes more and more obvious that we get less.

Even as subscribers we are no longer treated like costumers. We are treated like consumers. I'm not willing to pay anything anymore until you show me that subscribers are treated as costumers again.

-a disappointed german player

limenutpen
03.14.2013 , 08:01 AM | #130
Yes this is crap! Remove it ASAP from a subscriber since launch.
Nutpen: Sage, Lim'suno: Scoundrel, Lei'Suno: Commando
Los'suno: Assasin, Diopen: Juggernaut