Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

discbox
03.13.2013 , 06:05 PM | #91
Player Reputation: BioWare 0 Points, Rank: Fail

saremun
03.13.2013 , 06:13 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by discbox View Post
lol, really well said, just in their face lol

AshlaBoga
03.13.2013 , 06:31 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by da_zone View Post
This should not be part of a game system in any way...it should have all been stuck in the Cartel market UI.

The fact that you have tried implementing this faction in the lore in order to justify,explain or make it connect to the game-world is just extremely disappointing and it feels like a slap to the face to me as a fan of Star Wars and your Old Republic era as a whole.

Its ironic how the greedy hutt cartel in game is looking less greedy than the company behind the people who designed this "faction"
Actually the Hutts took over EA about 15 years back. It's true! I met one of them, we had an eating contest in which I lost (but losing never tasted so good!).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

HanStyle
03.13.2013 , 06:34 PM | #94
You ignore 100 pages of complaining and start your own thread. Really nice job . You can see how ppl are annoyed . If you ever listen to feedback whichj i absolutely dont believe at all, you would remove this nonsense with tomorrow's patch

TheSeventhJedi
03.13.2013 , 06:48 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by discbox View Post
Can't laugh, too sad and true.

lalolg
03.13.2013 , 06:49 PM | #96
Too much ************ and complaining on this thread. EA is a business. They want to make money. Nothing wrong with that.

Not sure how many of you own or have owned a business, but judging by this thread, the vast majority of you are always expecting to receive their salary every week without ever worrying about any expenses incurred by your employers. So most of you have no idea how to run a business. You are pretty much clueless.

************ for some rep that rewards some fluff items ? Seriously ? Is there any EA employee pointing a gun to your heads to force you to open your wallets ?

You know, I never raid or do any organized pvp cause I am not willing to spend the time doing that, which means I will never get some of the best gear in game, some vehicles, achievemnets, etc.
Am I worried about it ? Not at all. To those people willing to put the effort needed to raid and pvp and get the rewards, I say congrats and enjoy your loot. You earned it because you were willing to do what was required to receive those rewards.

And I will say the same to those willing to spend money on those store packs to get a few exclusive cosmetic items. You earned those things.

And to EA I will say congrats for finding out ways to monetize the game and keep this project going for many more years hopefully. People playing for story are unaffected by this move. People playing to advance their characters through more powerful gear are unaffected by this move.
I think the only people affected by this move are those who want to complete every rep/achievement in game, but seriously people, it's not like your lives are on the line here. Please do not lose any sleep because you can't afford or you just won't spend the money buying those packs.

It's really no big deal. It's just a way of doing more business. The day EA forces you to spend $200 to gain a new level then you come here to cry a river. And even then, I would just recommend to walk away from the game.

After all, it's just a game, and they have the right to find every possible way to make a profit.

One last thing : To the vast majority of people on this thread, don't you ever ever ever try a game like Entropia Universe. It will really be bad for your health LMAO.

DAMossimo
03.13.2013 , 06:49 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by HanStyle View Post
You ignore 100 pages of complaining and start your own thread. Really nice job . You can see how ppl are annoyed . If you ever listen to feedback whichj i absolutely dont believe at all, you would remove this nonsense with tomorrow's patch
I think they know they have alienated a large portion of the playerbase. Double XP weekends all of sudden?

My inner cynic says this is damage control; keep everyone focused on the expansion and it will all get forgotten. IDK maybe it will work out for them.

tman_ac
03.13.2013 , 07:00 PM | #98
To bad you did not release that FAQ yesterday...

I was always a Fanboy, never complained a lot but what you did now will make most subscribers really think about leaving the game. I invested like 200 yesterday on Cartel Packs cause I am a Mount/Pet collector, so I had to say: smart move BW, now there are even cartel market items which you can't buy off the GTN. So I have to buy these packs to get enough reputation trophies.

In the end I thought it's a lot of cash to gain the required reputation, but was then acting like: Ok, it's another bad step from BW to get more cash but I will "happily" invest my hard earned money to get max reputation for it.

Now in the FAQ you announce, that each shipment will have it's own reputation track. Guess what? When I read that today I really really really regret I bought the packs yesterday. I am not going to invest hundreds of euros each month on top of my subscription.

So what does that mean now? Well, I know that you are already used to subscribers who "announce" that they will leave the game, but with this you even make the hardest fanboys leave the game.

And pls don't argue on something like: Oh hey, you can buy cartel packs from the GTN. Yeh true, you can do that. But for each shipment you would need to invest like 40-50 million credits. Nothing that every player can afford each 4-5 months. So, why don't you make the rep trophies or certificates available for sale at the GTN? I think I can answer that on my own: less profit.

I am so disappointed about BW right now. How the CM system worked before you implemented this greedy new system was okay. This will be now my goodbye-tour until the next "awesome" shipment comes out. Going to sell my account before cause it's not worth anymore to collect stuff.

And I really think you will see a mass decrease in subscriptions over the next few months. I guess nearly every loyal subscriber will feel like this now. But hey, looks like you don't give a **** about loyal customers.

Good luck with a pure f2p model. I think >90% of the packs sold in the CM are bought by subscribers. Piss off your subscribers and make them leave = you will sit on your packs forever.

just my2cents
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

DaRoamer
03.13.2013 , 07:03 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
Irrelevant; it's gear that is not obtainable by an in-game grind. And don't say "oh you can buy packs off the GTN" - we all know that isn't going to be an option for more than a few ultra rich and lucky people.
What about items you get for buying the Collector's Edition? What about pre-order items? Can't get them without paying more or early. Honestly your post just smacks of entitlement and jealousy.

grombrinda
03.13.2013 , 07:34 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
What about items you get for buying the Collector's Edition? What about pre-order items? Can't get them without paying more or early. Honestly your post just smacks of entitlement and jealousy.
As for items you get from collectors edition..some have been recolored and sold...so not really unique anymore. The pre- order items, in case you haven't noticed, they will release on cm with different name. So ....
But anyways to call this a "reward" when they are already getting items bought for, and some cases ingame credits for selling said items, I think is what making people mad. I don't think it has to do anything with jealousy but rather feels like a big middle finger to the paying subs who showed their support by staying with the game when over 1 mill (?) subbers left.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!