Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for new Double XP weekends!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

steave
03.13.2013 , 11:27 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience
+25% Flashpoint Boost
+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk
Are you sure about this? I don't think that's how it works on live, but maybe I'm wrong or it's changing (afaik, the boost items won't stack with lagacy perks).

Also...
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb
Does that mean Makeb is being released right after this event ends?

VigDiath
03.13.2013 , 11:29 AM | #32
People are gonna be making a killing selling XP bonuses. Might have to get me a few to power level my PT to 50 over the weekend!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Nothematic
03.13.2013 , 11:30 AM | #33
They do stack, at least for PvP ^. I can get 25k xp with the legacy boost, then add the experience boost and it goes up to around 30k.

Looking forward to this, might finally be able to get my sentinel from 35 to 50 in time for server transfers
Coastas - 60 Marauder | Enaico - 60 Sorcerer | Enairo - 60 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

Aden-Kad
03.13.2013 , 11:31 AM | #34
NO!!!!!!

Hard to grind PVP coms pre 50 with this. Sigh.
Space for rent

cjakubow
03.13.2013 , 11:33 AM | #35
Don't want to pee on your parade or anything but is there going to be a way to turn double xp off? I already think you level too fast compared to the amount of content there is to go through. The game isn't paced at all for increasing the speed of leveling.

I guess I can grind legacy all weekend and not play any alts but it would be nice to disable it.

stuffystuffs
03.13.2013 , 11:35 AM | #36
Nice.

Maybe I'll be bothered to lvl my Powertech and get the Bounty Hunter buff on my Legacy FINALLY.

Lord_Karsk
03.13.2013 , 11:35 AM | #37
Awesome !!!!!!! glad to see you guys tok this from Star trek online.
XP weekends is a huge success in STO.

DarthGile
03.13.2013 , 11:36 AM | #38
Eric,

Will there be any way to disable this double experience boost? I already find it hard enough to being doing space missions, flashpoints, and world quests without getting dangerously close to the world quests turning gray... These weekends will undoubtably destroy any incentive to wanting to get everything done without out-leveling the content.

Chiltonium
03.13.2013 , 11:41 AM | #39
I am more than happy that they gave people this. A lot of people have been complaining that leveling to 50 again is a pain and they just want to do their class stories. So I am glad they are having double xp weekends for those people!

However, sucks for some of us who feel we already level too fast and DONT want to level faster. Now that just means theres 4 weekends where I cant play. Bioware, you need to remember your customer base doesnt always like the same thing. And while its great you're offering double xp for people, let those of us who dont want it, turn it off.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Pistols-GS
03.13.2013 , 11:42 AM | #40
Glad something I asked for months ago has seen its way into game.

Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>