Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for new Double XP weekends!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenovan
03.13.2013 , 11:16 AM | #21
I will wait for the mathier people to sort out the numbers, and will settle for just being excited. XD Maybe I'll get my 36 Juggernaut to 50 before the expansion after all!
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Twickers
03.13.2013 , 11:17 AM | #22
lol I'm already at legacy level 50 but this will make finishing my vanguard and juggernaught alts a HELL of a lot faster, might get started on a commando alt while I'm at it too!

Nice to see this, time to break my altitis itch again!
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Luxidenstore
03.13.2013 , 11:18 AM | #23
I actually really like this idea!

"EARN DOUBLE XP AND UNIQUE REWARDS!"

Can you shed any insight on this?

MillionsKNives
03.13.2013 , 11:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.
Ah, I wasn't aware that the rested bonus only applied to killing mobs. Thanks for the clarification.

BenKatarn
03.13.2013 , 11:20 AM | #25
Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.
So essentially, these Double EXP Weekends spread the effects of Rested EXP to all activities instead of just killing mobs, but you will not run out of Rested EXP. Did I understand this correctly?
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

ItchyThePenguin
03.13.2013 , 11:21 AM | #26
Sweet! I'm pumped! Time to grind out some more level 50 characters!
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (55)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

islander
03.13.2013 , 11:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
This is the big news. Get yourself a Hutt load of XP!
LOL, well said.

This is cool.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

MasterCylinduh
03.13.2013 , 11:23 AM | #28
What if I don't want to level quickly? Will there be a way to opt out of this?

Most of the time I get to play is on the weekends. I don't want to level too rapidly because it means I'll earn fewer warzone comms prior to 40 (and thus fewer WZ medpacks and adrenals) and potentially could prevent me from maxing out my ranked comms prior to 50.

Not only that, I'm already legacy 50. There's no reason to for me to want extra XP. The legacy levels past about 20 are pointless anyway.

CelCawdro
03.13.2013 , 11:23 AM | #29

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.
Perfect. I can finally plow through a few characters that have been pending as I tire of the planet arcs. The class stories remain the top feature of SW:TOR - thank you for allowing me to experience them a little more painlessly over the coming weekends.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.13.2013 , 11:26 AM | #30

But if you have rest xp built up, which takes over when killing mobs? Do we use up the rest xp then it goes to event xp, or does the rest xp stay "banked"?