Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for new Double XP weekends!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pooks
03.13.2013 , 02:39 PM | #111
You want me to level an 11th character to 50? I'm already Legacy 50. I don't want to re-visit these boring story lines and planets all over again.
All I've gotten for achieving Legacy 50 is a title. OOOO. Wow.
How about some Legacy 50 perks or something?
1 Free Character Transfer + other Goodies - Just use my Official SWTOR Refer a Friend Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/Yhmw9h

James_four
03.13.2013 , 02:44 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by pooks View Post
You want me to level an 11th character to 50? I'm already Legacy 50. I don't want to re-visit these boring story lines and planets all over again.
All I've gotten for achieving Legacy 50 is a title. OOOO. Wow.
How about some Legacy 50 perks or something?
Getting a title is actually rather nice. Perks for people who have made it to legacy lvl 50 are coming and are in development. The story lines are not boring at all and is the reason most of us started swtor in the first place.

hooty
03.13.2013 , 02:48 PM | #113
I like this promotion, but please please please make the double XP optional. There is no good reason to force double XP on players who do not want it, and there are many valid cases for not wanting it (already listed in this thread).

So BW, why not give players the choice?
Tabris Legacy @ The Ebon Hawk
Yes, it is SW(KO)TOR. I like it that way, except when I don't.

James_four
03.13.2013 , 02:54 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
You can turn off the experience by sleeping in, going out, playing a different game, travelling, or a plethora of other things that weekend. You seem like a very reasonable person - you express your understanding of this decision's appeal for many people, and realize that you are in a tiny minority. So what's wrong with taking a few tiny breaks?
You seem to not realize that this is going on for four weeks and will likely come back in the future as a promotional event. I can avoid many different events in the game if I am not interested, but this one changes the whole dynamic of the game. The game starts playing itself and becomes less immersive. Players with less skill and patience will be helped along to lvl 50. It becomes difficult to become more skilled at the game as well. I can't play when the levels are handed to me. I know I am exaggerating a little, but not by much.

I am actively trying to discover how I can go free to play early. Waiting 3 months for my account to expire seems like a long time. If I have to wait that long for my account to expire I am sure it will be worth it though.

Miragee
03.13.2013 , 03:05 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by hooty View Post
I like this promotion, but please please please make the double XP optional. There is no good reason to force double XP on players who do not want it, and there are many valid cases for not wanting it (already listed in this thread).

So BW, why not give players the choice?
Sadly it's likely easier to toggle it on server wide, rather than adjust each account. There are ways to around it, but I fear Bioware won't want to bother. i hope they do though, as that's a lot of weekends I won't be able to play some of my characters

Rafaman
03.13.2013 , 03:06 PM | #116
Typical. The whiners come out for some cheese...

Those of you complaining that overlev makes it too easy..... you do realize that you can control this quite easily by skipping quests right? Why not jump a planet ahead? Or better yet, run only class quests and be underlevel all the way to Corellia. See how much of a faceroll that is. And you can always cap after Corellia by running Bel, Illum and BH. I've capped 8 50s. The last few have been with as few side quests as possible being under level by 2 or 3 through out and it has been a blast. No grind. Just good stories.

Eric, BW, et al. Thank you for this. It will allow many to bring their alts up just in time for Makeb. A great promo IMO. Keep it up!

Miragee
03.13.2013 , 03:09 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafaman View Post
Typical. The whiners come out for some cheese...

Those of you complaining that overlev makes it too easy..... you do realize that you can control this quite easily by skipping quests right? Why not jump a planet ahead? Or better yet, run only class quests and be underlevel all the way to Corellia. See how much of a faceroll that is. And you can always cap after Corellia by running Bel, Illum and BH. I've capped 8 50s. The last few have been with as few side quests as possible being under level by 2 or 3 through out and it has been a blast. No grind. Just good stories.

Eric, BW, et al. Thank you for this. It will allow many to bring their alts up just in time for Makeb. A great promo IMO. Keep it up!
Not everyone who disagrees with you is a whiner. For those who feel leveling is already too fast Those are not solutions at all, in fact thats exactly what some people want to AVOID. Not everyone has played through the game dozens of times, they still want to play through all the story content. Making double XP optional would solve that. Those who like it would be free to take advantage of it. Not everyone needs to be forced to play the game your way.

CelCawdro
03.13.2013 , 03:18 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by James_four View Post
You seem to not realize that this is going on for four weeks and will likely come back in the future as a promotional event. I can avoid many different events in the game if I am not interested, but this one changes the whole dynamic of the game. The game starts playing itself and becomes less immersive. Players with less skill and patience will be helped along to lvl 50. It becomes difficult to become more skilled at the game as well. I can't play when the levels are handed to me. I know I am exaggerating a little, but not by much.

I am actively trying to discover how I can go free to play early. Waiting 3 months for my account to expire seems like a long time. If I have to wait that long for my account to expire I am sure it will be worth it though.
Free-to-play will not solve the issue. All players will receive the bonus experience, regardless of their level of service. I do not think your response is unreasonable. I think that your reaction is, however. Asking for the ability to opt out is entirely justified, given your playstyle, but quitting altogether (particularly when you do understand the opposite end of this promotion) seems much less so.

A year or two ago, I would probably even be in the same boat as you. But the MMO scene is changing. We can either adapt or be left behind.

As Bob Dylan said,
Quote:
Your old road is
Rapidly agin.'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand,
For the times they are a-changin'.

Xemak
03.13.2013 , 03:31 PM | #119
suhweeet i can finally have my vanguard level 50 if i try hard enough. that way i dont regret it after 2.0
wooo ty bw

jetrocket
03.13.2013 , 03:37 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
This is the big news. Get yourself a Hutt load of XP!
ROFL! Hutt load!
HK's VANGUARD/STARFLEET
Ki'el / Gaim / Fllen / Rhettro / Cmb / Slp
Ezekiel / Skarlana