Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for new Double XP weekends!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rassuro's Avatar


Rassuro
03.13.2013 , 01:45 PM | #91
Nice! By the end of this promotion, I'm going to at least have a fifth level 50 to add to my other four.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE
Do you mean that rested XP won't get used at all during double XP weekends, or just that it'll get used like it normally would, only without the rested part of the XP being doubled?

Basically, killing a mob with rested XP but no boosts gives 200% (100% normal + 100% rested).
Would it then during double XP weekends be 300% (200% normal + 100% rested), or something else?
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

BenKatarn's Avatar


BenKatarn
03.13.2013 , 01:49 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Rassuro View Post
Basically, killing a mob with rested XP but no boosts gives 200% (100% normal + 100% rested).
Would it then during double XP weekends be 300% (200% normal + 100% rested), or something else?
From what I gather, it's essentially Rested EXP that works for everything, including quest rewards, space missions etc. (except you can't "run out" of it like with Rested EXP). The base number for all EXP you get in the game during that timeframe is automatically doubled. On top of that you can also apply additional EXP buffs, like the Legacy Perks (+30% for Class Story missions etc) and the regular EXP buff consumables. And from what has been said in this thread, during those periods, these buffs will also double up.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

donkani's Avatar


donkani
03.13.2013 , 01:55 PM | #93
So how quick will people be able to get from 1-50 with this double xp?

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
03.13.2013 , 01:57 PM | #94
Disclaimer: Didnt read all the replies so this might have bee brought up already.

First, love it.

Second, as a PvP'er I'm a bit worried over how this will affect my chances of maxing out comms pre-50. We're already to more or less ignore PvE between lvl 40 and lvl 50 to be able to max out our comms. Will there be any margin at all with the exp boost or are you increasing comms per match too?

Twickers's Avatar


Twickers
03.13.2013 , 01:57 PM | #95
I always forget that any time a company does something nice like this the people who apparently get bent out of shape because "I level too quickly" crawl out of the woodwork to complain, now while I can understand PVP concerns (certainly agree on wanting to grind comms pre 50 so you don't get steamrolled at 50), for those who are so bloody concerned about planet quests greying out, there's nothing stopping you from still doing them, too easy? Do them without a companion, guarantee it'll get a little tougher.

Seriously every time bioware does something nice, they get *****ed at due to the unpleasable people they have playin the game.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
03.13.2013 , 02:06 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
I always forget that any time a company does something nice like this the people who apparently get bent out of shape because "I level too quickly" crawl out of the woodwork to complain, now while I can understand PVP concerns (certainly agree on wanting to grind comms pre 50 so you don't get steamrolled at 50), for those who are so bloody concerned about planet quests greying out, there's nothing stopping you from still doing them, too easy? Do them without a companion, guarantee it'll get a little tougher.

Seriously every time bioware does something nice, they get *****ed at due to the unpleasable people they have playin the game.
I find it more important to fix huge issues like server transfers over adding content. But I guess I'm the ONLY one.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Twickers's Avatar


Twickers
03.13.2013 , 02:08 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
I find it more important to fix huge issues like server transfers over adding content. But I guess I'm the ONLY one.
I'm not disagreeing on the fact that server transfers should have been done quite a while ago, but seriously, every time they do something nice, nobody ever seems greatful.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
03.13.2013 , 02:09 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
I'm not disagreeing on the fact that server transfers should have been done quite a while ago, but seriously, every time they do something nice, nobody ever seems greatful.
Once that major issue is fixed maybe I will be able to focus on the content and be grateful, right now I'm doing nothing but collecting monthly cartel coins.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

cieraa's Avatar


cieraa
03.13.2013 , 02:10 PM | #99
This is indeed great news!

So-low's Avatar


So-low
03.13.2013 , 02:11 PM | #100
I've gotta say I'm a bit disappointed by this "Big Announcement". I have 10 fully geared 50s and have been legacy 50 since ~September-October last year. I'm not really planning to levrel another toon, as it's already gonna be a huge grind to get all of my toons to level 55 when RoTHC comes out.

Was really looking forward to server transfers, as rated PVP for the pub side is almost dead on my server.