Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Satele Shan [yes this again]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Satele Shan [yes this again]

Illutian
12.21.2011 , 02:33 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CoruscantSunset View Post
I'm going to go ahead and risk blowing your minds and say...It's a game based on a made-up universe!
Things rarely fit together perfectly in real life, so you can't expect perfection in a game.
You don't need to wrack your brains to death trying to iron out every little insignificant thing.

Also, as far as the whole aging thing goes. I've never heard that being a Jedi is supposed to halt aging and different people age differently. Look at Johnny Depp, for example. He's how old? In his 50s, I think? And he looks half that age. Jack Nicholson has looked 65 since the early 70s.
The way I see it is the Dark side is like a high-stress job. And the Light side is a job you actually have fun at.

It's proven that high levels of stress cause you to age faster.

And stress can come from just about anything and any emotion...like Anger! :P

Though, if you look at the wiki Lord Scourge is suppose to be immortal (I assume 'immortal' as in doesn't age; but can still be killed).
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scourge_(Sith)

Go down to were it talks about 'Emperor's Wrath'. And wasn't it at least hinted that Master Yoda was older than he should be?

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall. - Confucius

Snausage
12.21.2011 , 02:37 PM | #22
She does yoga.
F I S T U L A
Sith Sorcerer
Space Slug (PVE)

BlackLotus
12.21.2011 , 02:48 PM | #23
I don't know I like Satele "look" as she almost has that Bastila Look when i look at her, it is something familiar yet different enought that I wish I could get my hand on an outfit similar to hers. Beside Satele's job is high stress one and considered what she lived trought it is normal that she look older ish. If I remember corectly in SW humans do have a longer life span.
"Alone a Jedi is strong. But together we are stronger." ―Master Sazen

Marani:Torment

Yaksha
12.21.2011 , 04:43 PM | #24
Quote:
Never seen a piece of media that suggests that Light Side has any anti-aging effects. Only thing that might come close is the physics of relativistic speeds, but that isn't used at ALL in Star Wars.
No... but generally speaking LS characters look more 'beautiful' and DS characters look more 'ugly'.

So unless the character is specifically meant to be portrayed as 'old and wise', more 'beautiful' looking generally means looking younger or at least 'fresher' for your age. Remember KOTOR character faces as you approached LS and DS?