Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cartel certificates

Fearce
03.13.2013 , 08:15 AM | #1
I have mixed thoughts about the new cartel merchants that I really do not want to get into right now. The point of this thread is to voice my concern on the RNG factor of getting the certificates from the new packs.

First off, I have no problem spending money to buy cartel coins. I bought enough coins to purchase two of the new 24x packs. Out of 48 packs, I only got two certificates. IMO this is ridiculous since most of the best items on the merchant vendors require 10 certificates each. I am sure they will make the certificates tradeable at some point, but at the rate people are getting them, they will be priced really high. Two other people that purchased 48 packs received 4 and 6 certificates.

Since people basically have to farm the rep to legend to get most of the items anyways, I really do not see the point of putting an additional requirement on purchasing the item.

Either please increase the percentage change of looting certificates, lower the cost requirement of certificates on the items, or remove the certificate requirement all together. If the latter is a viable option, convert the certificate item into the purple rep item.

03.13.2013 , 08:18 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearce View Post
I have mixed thoughts about the new cartel merchants that I really do not want to get into right now. The point of this thread is to voice my concern on the RNG factor of getting the certificates from the new packs.

First off, I have no problem spending money to buy cartel coins. I bought enough coins to purchase two of the new 24x packs. Out of 48 packs, I only got two certificates. IMO this is ridiculous since most of the best items on the merchant vendors require 10 certificates each. I am sure they will make the certificates tradeable at some point, but at the rate people are getting them, they will be priced really high. Two other people that purchased 48 packs received 4 and 6 certificates.

Since people basically have to farm the rep to legend to get most of the items anyways, I really do not see the point of putting an additional requirement on purchasing the item.

Either please increase the percentage change of looting certificates, lower the cost requirement of certificates on the items, or remove the certificate requirement all together. If the latter is a viable option, convert the certificate item into the purple rep item.
This type of feedback really makes me wonder why there are so many restrictions still placed on F2P.

People are obviously throwing stupid amounts of money at Bioware for the packs, so why the need to penalize without subbing?

Jamus_Divinus
03.13.2013 , 08:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Fearce View Post
Please god don't increase the % of certificates!

I say this because when you loot one you do NOT loot a reputation token in that pack. That means that if the drop rate is 2/10 for certs then I'm getting Reputation points in only 8/10 packs opened. Do not increase the former and therefore reduce the latter!

It's already the largest credit sink around (80million credits) or time sink (10 years if you only use free monthly packs). Don't make the grind longer by reducing the Token drop!

Failing that, increase the Cert drop but allow reputation tokens to be looted in that same pack.
Please.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

Drudenfusz
03.13.2013 , 08:33 AM | #4
I got 4 out of 24 packs. I am okay with how often (or rarely) they drop, but I think they should be tradable, so that people who have more luck or just don't need them can trade them.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Knightsire
03.13.2013 , 08:37 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I got 4 out of 24 packs. I am okay with how often (or rarely) they drop, but I think they should be tradable, so that people who have more luck or just don't need them can trade them.
At the price of one 24 pack being around 50 dollars...do you believe that the value is really that great? Most of the other stuff I got was crap I didn't want that isnt' worth much on GTN.

It would've been nice if it was one per pack. Then I could buy some of that stuff for myself, alts, and companions...but right now it will take a lot more money to do that so I will just focus on my main.

Drudenfusz
03.13.2013 , 08:51 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Knightsire View Post
At the price of one 24 pack being around 50 dollars...do you believe that the value is really that great? Most of the other stuff I got was crap I didn't want that isnt' worth much on GTN.

It would've been nice if it was one per pack. Then I could buy some of that stuff for myself, alts, and companions...but right now it will take a lot more money to do that so I will just focus on my main.
I think most people who buy plenty of those packs already have most of the stuff you can get with these certifications, so they don't need many of them to get the unique stuff. I guess the stuff on those vendores will stay around for quite some time, so no hurry to get all. Like I said already in other threads, it's a reward program... those work over time. Just make the certifications tradable and everything will be fine.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Andryah
03.13.2013 , 01:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
I think most people who buy plenty of those packs already have most of the stuff you can get with these certifications, so they don't need many of them to get the unique stuff. I guess the stuff on those vendores will stay around for quite some time, so no hurry to get all. Like I said already in other threads, it's a reward program... those work over time. Just make the certifications tradable and everything will be fine.
/Agree with everything you said.

The certificates very much need to be made tradable as they are low percentage change and people that need them are not going to be the people that get them. That is the way RNG works for the most part.

The tokens on the other hand (which actually give faction), I'm ambivalent since you get one with most every pack... so it not really significant RNG. But hey... these would sell like gang busters too... so if they make them tradeable... it will make more people happy.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.