Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need some mods to go with all this empty gear.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Cartel Market Suggestions
Need some mods to go with all this empty gear.

DeepRunner
03.13.2013 , 07:08 AM | #1
Would be nice to see some mods drop from the cartel packs or some new schematics.

Ocho-Quatro
03.13.2013 , 07:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DeepRunner View Post
Would be nice to see some mods drop from the cartel packs or some new schematics.
The only thing keeping SWTOR from being P2W at this time, is the fact that almost EVERYTHING in the cash shop are vanity items, unlocks, and empty gear shells. (I know that some of the gear does come with mods in it, but i think the highest level gear with mods is 43 iirc, which doesn't make it overpowered in PvP/PvE specifically endgame.)

I love SWTOR, and I don't mind the focus shift to the Cartel Market as much as some people do. It's a revenue generator for EA/Bioware which is helping to keep the game going. But the second they start adding actual gear with stats, ESPECIALLY if it's endgame gear? Well, that is a very slippery slope. (It's already that way with space missions, since it's my understanding that the best ship gear in the game comes from the cash shop, but space missions are fairly side-tangent to the rest of the game, so most people don't care much that it's P2W)

TL;DR - bad idea.
Republic Gentlemen
Apos'trophe - Sage - Apostrophé - Scoundrel - Parentheses - Shadow - Period - Vanguard
Quotation - Sentinel - Proper - Guardian - Period - Commando
Ellipsis - Juggernaut - Asterisk - Mercenary
Period - Operative - Backslash - Assassin
<Häagen-Dazs> / <Ben & Jerry's>
Daiquirí - Scoundrel - Ileítís - Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

OmenQ
03.13.2013 , 03:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
TL;DR - bad idea.
Agree. Just, No.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

Koyaanisqat
03.13.2013 , 03:14 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DeepRunner View Post
Make a friend with a cybertech.

GIve him some of those materials you found in the pack.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

TexasMarine
03.14.2013 , 02:09 AM | #5
OP...very bad idea since that turns the cartel market into a P2W. as stated earlier, now it is vanity and a handful of OK stated armors for non-endgame

GratuaCuun
03.14.2013 , 05:18 AM | #6
Personally I wouldn't MIND getting free mods - would save credits in the long run, or time for crafting. But too many people would call P2W!!! RAGE!!!! and the forums would explode in angry posts... well... MORE angry posts :P

And all of them from poor little timmy sitting in his basement because he finished school and came home to find people are better geared than he is and all they had to do was pay money

Or Big Tim who finished his shift at Wal Mart and slunk down into his mums basement to find... yeah, see above :P

Anyway, it's just too impractical for Bioware to risk the flame-wars that would ensue - plus, this gives a bit of a leg-up to cybertechs since the only way to get mods is (once again) to buy them or wait for random drops during world grinding
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas, 1988