Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is the big announcement?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Where is the big announcement?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zsavooz
03.13.2013 , 06:37 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
Delusional, Eric's comments about an announcement were not that the Gree event was returning, he had already told us that a while earlier. You are correct that the Gree event is back though.
gotcha! I would like the Cathar species, otherwise. Thanks for the clarification.

03.13.2013 , 06:37 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by Vandicus View Post
They do voice acting by class though.
Doh, your right. Ok make it "Claudia Black to voice act the new Class.. Teras Kasi"

That is a much better fit now that I think about it.

EricMusco
03.13.2013 , 06:44 AM | #133 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by metaIsaber View Post
How is the announcement being made? Twitter, this site or somewhere else?
It will be on both the site and social media.

Well this thread escalated quickly. Just so I can hedge expectations here, what I said last week was:

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
As one last teaser, we have some pretty cool information coming next week, so keep your eyes open for that.
I apologize that cool information transformed into big announcement and set a precedence that it would be something huge. What you will see later today is an announcement and information about what I personally think is a really cool promotion. Also since I said the word promotion I will get out in front of it and say it has nothing to do with Cartel Market. Just as another "spoiler" here is the guess from the thread that was the closest to the mark:

Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
lol, I love all the guesses about what the announcement is going to be.

It's probably going to be something totally different.
Apologies again if that spiraled out of control into a "big announcement" from us, I guess that's what happens when I tease something and give it a night to brew. Note: That will still not stop me from doing it again!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eillack
03.13.2013 , 06:47 AM | #134

Well this thread escalated quickly. Just so I can hedge expectations here, what I said last week was:

I apologize that cool information transformed into big announcement and set a precedence that it would be something huge. What you will see later today is an announcement and information about what I personally think is a really cool promotion. Also since I said the word promotion I will get out in front of it and say it has nothing to do with Cartel Market. Just as another "spoiler" here is the guess from the thread that was the closest to the mark:

Apologies again if that spiraled out of control into a "big announcement" from us, I guess that's what happens when I tease something and give it a night to brew. Note: That will still not stop me from doing it again!
Isn't it kind of bad to say you will make your players' expectations really high then crush them.....almost like pre-orders....? *gasp* EAware would never do that intentially....

But I will say that Im a surprised it isn't about the Cartel Market, seeing that this game is almost nothing but now. Thanks a ton again for Cartel being Legacy Achievements, Pay to Rep, and other ilk that the people you work for introduced into the only SW MMO left.

Zsavooz
03.13.2013 , 06:48 AM | #135

is it bigger than a bread box?

03.13.2013 , 06:49 AM | #136
So.. Bioware/EA signed a deal with Mountain Dew? Or.... ?

EricMusco
03.13.2013 , 06:54 AM | #137 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Isn't it kind of bad to say you will make your players' expectations really high then crush them.....almost like pre-orders....? *gasp* EAware would never do that intentially....

But I will say that I ma surprised it isn't about the Cartel Market, seeing that this game is almost nothing but now. Thanks a ton again for Cartel being Legacy Achievements, Pay to Rep, and other ilk that the people you work for introduced into the only SW MMO left.
I just mean that I will continue to tease things when I can! (which I think everyone is probably ok with). I will be sure to more clearly indicate it's level of "bigness" next time though, although that still may not stop people from running with it.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SimSteJoha
03.13.2013 , 06:54 AM | #138
Micky Mouse can now be bought with Cartel Coins, Soon you well be about to collect them all as pets!!!

Tatile
03.13.2013 , 06:56 AM | #139

Really? Are you sure? The Cartel Market seems to be the only thing getting close-to regular updates at the moment.

And "really cool promotion"? Is this a run of SWTOR toys in US-only McDonalds or something? Are you relaxing F2P account restrictions for a month to encourage new players to join? Re-running CE codes?

Eillack
03.13.2013 , 06:57 AM | #140
I just mean that I will continue to tease things when I can! (which I think everyone is probably ok with). I will be sure to more clearly indicate it's level of "bigness" next time though, although that still may not stop people from running with it.
No offense, but if you say so ok then.

Just saying....golds' .....reputations got a tad tarnished as of late.

Again not saying you, but overall EAware lost a lot of peoples' trust and you need to gain that back if you want this game to continue on.