Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Give the PvP'ers a Limited Time In-game Event!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Give the PvP'ers a Limited Time In-game Event!

KhalDrogoe
03.13.2013 , 01:55 PM | #11
Thank you Forsaken, let's stick with the topic of the thread. This isn't about the queues in the warzones, this is about how queues should work for the event. So if you're wanting to input how best it would work for the server then I would appreciate constructive feedback concerning the topic at hand.

Forsaken also brings up a valid point, perhaps this event could even be for cross server competition. Even if cross server queues are out of the question, then perhaps the Devs could throw in an added bonus for the server that tops off their thermometer the fastest. For instance the Imps on harbringer were the winners so everyone on that server of that faction gets a certain forum title and in-game item/mount or something.

KhalDrogoe
03.16.2013 , 01:29 PM | #12
Anyone else have anything else they'd like to see in a PvP event?

Arlanon
03.16.2013 , 01:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Warshades
While I like the idea of ANYTHING added to PvP, I dont think that should be the 1st baby step to fixing PvP.

Baby step 1: Add kill rewards for all OWPvP. Diminishing rewards for level difference(ie 25% off each level, so for 2 level difference 50% rewards to prevent higher levels farming lowbies) and diminishing rewards for time (ie 10% off for each minute after they were recently killed, for exampe 100% for 1st minute, 50% at 5 mins, 30% at 7 mins, until they are worth full rewards again @ 10 mins) This needs to be in effect on all PvP planets like Voss, Hoth, Tat....

Baby Steps 2: Valor Skill Tree

Baby Step 3: OW PvP Objectives (relics, bases, starports, etc)

Baby Step 4: Insert your Event here. Or have other random events or short term objectives to inspire PvP in odd places. Maybe a pvp event in a persistent version of Void Star or some other star ship.

Baby Step 5: Space Mission PvP (guild ships and personal)
just reminding everyone that there IS one intelligent post in this thread not to overlook

Warshades
03.16.2013 , 03:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
just reminding everyone that there IS one intelligent post in this thread not to overlook
Thank you, though its been overlooked by the devs for over a year and it doesnt seem that their interested in changing it. But I could write a book on these topics are how they would benefit this game and how easy it would be but alas...I have lost hope.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

sulsakan
03.16.2013 , 05:56 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Warshades View Post
While I like the idea of ANYTHING added to PvP, I dont think that should be the 1st baby step to fixing PvP.

Baby step 1: Add kill rewards for all OWPvP. Diminishing rewards for level difference(ie 25% off each level, so for 2 level difference 50% rewards to prevent higher levels farming lowbies) and diminishing rewards for time (ie 10% off for each minute after they were recently killed, for exampe 100% for 1st minute, 50% at 5 mins, 30% at 7 mins, until they are worth full rewards again @ 10 mins) This needs to be in effect on all PvP planets like Voss, Hoth, Tat....

Baby Steps 2: Valor Skill Tree

Baby Step 3: OW PvP Objectives (relics, bases, starports, etc)

Baby Step 4: Insert your Event here. Or have other random events or short term objectives to inspire PvP in odd places. Maybe a pvp event in a persistent version of Void Star or some other star ship.

Baby Step 5: Space Mission PvP (guild ships and personal)
Getting back to topic...I agree with Warshades here, great ideas...we gotta give the devs baby step ideas. My thoughts on above:

Baby step 1: SWG had a decent way to prevent kill clubing...basically your kill points are reduced every time you kill the same character, but it's similar to what you suggest.

I would add a few baby steps that I think would be simple to implement that would really help facilitate OWPVP:
- enable full communication with the other faction...current restrictions serve no purpose and being able to send a direct whisper to the enemy would be very useful...for many reasons.
- facilitate travel between planets...if you have a friend getting hit on another planet it takes way to long to run over there and help him out.
- be able to choose several options when rezzing. I've gotten caught at an outpost while doing missions that was over run by the other side and it would have been nice if I could have rezzed at a different outpost, which would have given me and others that got caught the opportunity to regroup and attack the perpetrators.

anyways, just my 2 cents.
Sulsa Kan

KhalDrogoe
03.18.2013 , 03:01 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sulsakan View Post
Getting back to topic...I agree with Warshades here, great ideas...we gotta give the devs baby step ideas. My thoughts on above:

Baby step 1: SWG had a decent way to prevent kill clubing...basically your kill points are reduced every time you kill the same character, but it's similar to what you suggest.

I would add a few baby steps that I think would be simple to implement that would really help facilitate OWPVP:
- enable full communication with the other faction...current restrictions serve no purpose and being able to send a direct whisper to the enemy would be very useful...for many reasons.
- facilitate travel between planets...if you have a friend getting hit on another planet it takes way to long to run over there and help him out.
- be able to choose several options when rezzing. I've gotten caught at an outpost while doing missions that was over run by the other side and it would have been nice if I could have rezzed at a different outpost, which would have given me and others that got caught the opportunity to regroup and attack the perpetrators.

anyways, just my 2 cents.
I appreciate everyones input. But I don't think BW has any intentions whatsoever in FIXING anything. They still haven't fixed my Champion Eliminators Helm which they changed the skin of it in 1.2 and I've diligently been putting a ticket in whenever they close it.

What I believe BW's current model is, instead of fixing anything, they just keep pumping out new content which they're using to distract people from all the crap they don't want to fix about the game. It's easier to just make more new code than to go and fix the old stuff.

So with that being said. In order for me to forget their negligence on all the issues they've left the PvP'ers to fester with, maybe instead of just giving all the PvE'ers the new content, they actually give the PvP'ers some of that new code so we can get in on this too.

The game has had over a year and a half to incorporate meaningful OW pvp, but as the early Ilum days showed, their crummy Hero Engine cannot handle PvP on a larger scale than 25 v 25. So instead of focusing on the crummy past and the crummy present, let's try to hop on this bandwagon and try to get some of these events they're creating for these qq'ing baby pve'ers and have it more PvP centric!

Arlanon
03.18.2013 , 03:06 PM | #17
It always amuses me how MMOs these days often start with a good foundation, halfway there to good meaningful active participation OWPVP at launch, but then instead of expanding on it, listen to whiners who think they know more about game design than the designers do, and it ends up getting nerfed into the ground.

It happened in SWTOR with Ilum. It happened in TSW with Fusang. There is a trend here that needs to be curbed. With online MMO communities being what they are in this day and age, I don't expect the cycle to break.

Luckeyduckey
03.18.2013 , 03:12 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicktime View Post
^^^^ aka PLEASE OH PLEASE LET ME KEEP MY PREMADE GROUP, i can't win if i pug like everyone else because.... im just not good enough.

lol g.t.f.o kid. the casual players will make this game far more money than the hardcore gamers, which are also most premade groups. if you are such a badazz go join ranked. oh wait because you really aren't that good unless you have a pocket healer.
You'd make a good Sith, except we don't accept noobs, so... better luck next year?
Extermination
Extinctiøn
Terrørist

Rincewend
03.18.2013 , 09:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Have to second this, these sound like fun. I never understood a game that wanted us to OWpvp but gives no carrot for it. Even now doing the Gree event everyone just stands in line at the node. Very rarely we get a group of people more times than not from Wook that attack and clear the node. Than things get fun again, but the crying is general chat gets to the point that I just turn it off.

KhalDrogoe
03.19.2013 , 06:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rincewend View Post
Have to second this, these sound like fun. I never understood a game that wanted us to OWpvp but gives no carrot for it. Even now doing the Gree event everyone just stands in line at the node. Very rarely we get a group of people more times than not from Wook that attack and clear the node. Than things get fun again, but the crying is general chat gets to the point that I just turn it off.
Yeah, making OW pvp by forcing PvE'ers into PvP areas isn't very fun because all they do is whine and complain they got killed, and how long it's taking them to complete their PvE content. Hence, make a PvP tournament!