Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which non TCW-Original character did TCW do the best/worst job on?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which non TCW-Original character did TCW do the best/worst job on?

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 04:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
this is why 99% of star wars is crap. The blatant fanboyism works to cover up the silliness of official works.

Why didn't Obi-Wan use Force Speed at the end of episode 1?

He was tired.

*Bwontwont*
I don't see how its fanboyism when I gave the reasons...oh and to that reason, ya...have Obi-Wan go crashing straight into the force fields that were brought up every couple of seconds and kill himself thats logical. More to that, how do we know he didn't use Force Speed? All we see of Obi-Wan is a blurr of him in the background as the camera focuses on Maul and Qui-Gon and by the time we see him again the gates are up.

Anyway am stopping here now for real I won't respond anymore, not wanting to derail the thread as it isn't mine. I apologize, that I think about things instead of taking what happens in media at face value I won't do it again.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BlazingShadow
03.12.2013 , 05:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I don't see how its fanboyism when I gave the reasons...oh and to that reason, ya...have Obi-Wan go crashing straight into the force fields that were brought up every couple of seconds and kill himself thats logical. More to that, how do we know he didn't use Force Speed? All we see of Obi-Wan is a blurr of him in the background as the camera focuses on Maul and Qui-Gon and by the time we see him again the gates are up.

Anyway am stopping here now for real I won't respond anymore, not wanting to derail the thread as it isn't mine. I apologize, that I think about things instead of taking what happens in media at face value I won't do it again.
you didn't give reason, you gave explanation and theory. Not even theory. which anyone can do after the fact. Bottom line was that there is a general consensus on Gungans: they suck. Having Grievous trashed by a Gungan reflects poorly on Grievous as a character.

blahblahblah TCW sucked lol.

MasterOak
03.12.2013 , 06:45 PM | #23
Honestly, I thought the TCW was for the most part completely spot on. Can't even think of any instances where I wanted to really criticize their handling of the characters. I was especially pleased with how they introduced the Planet of Mandalore and the Death Watch. Give me Bioware style warmongering Mandalorians every day of the week over Karen Travissty's work.

I'd also like to add, I love how they've handled the clones in general. Giving them unique character conflicts etc.

Ventessel
03.12.2013 , 07:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterOak View Post
I was especially pleased with how they introduced the Planet of Mandalore and the Death Watch. Give me Bioware style warmongering Mandalorians every day of the week over Karen Travissty's work.
Heh heh, Travissty... I must say I immensely prefer TCW's take on the Mandalorians over the honor-spewing, noble, insufferable characters that Traviss introduced. And the way she was trying to inject her Mandalorians' belief system into the entire Clone Army? Blech.

As originally conceived, the Mandalorians are rampaging warmongers who want to fight everyone to prove their strength. If they die trying, so be it. And that is why Traya saw them dying a slow death from the blows Revan dealt them at Malachor V. Boba Fett was basically the last of the Mandalorians, who had been reduced to bounty hunters like Jango and the occasional pirate raiding party.

So, yeah. Liked their handling of the Mandos in TCW.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Eillack
03.12.2013 , 09:16 PM | #25
In all honesty TCW downgraded everything in this era...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Darkondo
03.13.2013 , 12:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BlazingShadow View Post
this is why 99% of star wars is crap. The blatant fanboyism works to cover up the silliness of official works.

Why didn't Obi-Wan use Force Speed at the end of episode 1?

He was tired.

*Bwontwont*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q91eV3tEkIE this is why Obi-Wan didnt use Force Speed!!

Slowpokeking
03.13.2013 , 01:16 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q91eV3tEkIE this is why Obi-Wan didnt use Force Speed!!
Seriously, he was just a padawan, so he could not control such technique very accurate.