Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which non TCW-Original character did TCW do the best/worst job on?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Which non TCW-Original character did TCW do the best/worst job on?

Slowpokeking
03.12.2013 , 01:39 PM | #1
I think the best
1.Ventress: We got her background, and walk between light and darkness to the bounty hunter we see now.
2.Maul: The most terrifying and well portrayed villain of TCW.
3.Anakin: TCW showed us the knighted, more mature Anakin before he encountered the storm in EP III.

Worst
1. GG: The terrifying monster, Jedi Killer, general of CIS became a weak clown in TCW, even Gungans could kick his ***.
2. Palpatine: Why do they always have to let him give some sinister smiles as Palpatine? He should hide his true intention very well.
3. Barriss: What the heck is wrong with her?

Dooku's portrayal also isn't good enough, Plo Koon was portrayed nicely.

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 01:48 PM | #2
Not sure I see anything wrong with Grevious, infact he was killing the Gungans up until Tarpals impaled him with spear and then was pelted with Boomas which is pretty much an EMP grenade which is effective against someone like Grevious.

Tbh I can't really think of any that they did the worst on. I guess my only gripe however, is that they did somewhat weaken Obi-Wan in a few instances.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Slowpokeking
03.12.2013 , 02:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Not sure I see anything wrong with Grevious, infact he was killing the Gungans up until Tarpals impaled him with spear and then was pelted with Boomas which is pretty much an EMP grenade which is effective against someone like Grevious.

Tbh I can't really think of any that they did the worst on. I guess my only gripe however, is that they did somewhat weaken Obi-Wan in a few instances.
He was able to kill Palpatine's clone guards and I remember 4 Jedi guards easily, even able to dodge Jedi Masters' Force Push.

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 02:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He was able to kill Palpatine's clone guards and I remember 4 Jedi guards easily, even able to dodge Jedi Masters' Force Push.
Palpatine's guards never really shown anything impressive tbh, and 4 Jedi...talking from the micro series right? While right, you gotta take into account a few things that happened.

1. Grevious was more then likely not even taking the fighting seriously, I mean he did say "Hahaha, you can't be serious!"

2. He lost one of his sabers, and was only using 1 plus a spear.

3. He was impaled with Tarpals spear after stabbing him, and thus opening himself up to getting hit with Boomas.

Infact, Grevious showed complete stupidity by underestimating his opponent. Just because you can fight Jedi, doesn't mean you should underestimate anything lesser especially when those beings have essentially EMP weapons and your pretty much a droid.

Underestimation of your opponent= Your more then likely going to lose, cause you won't take the fight seriously.

Slowpokeking
03.12.2013 , 02:20 PM | #5
Palpatine's guards never really shown anything impressive tbh, and 4 Jedi...talking from the micro series right? While right, you gotta take into account a few things that happened.

1. Grevious was more then likely not even taking the fighting seriously, I mean he did say "Hahaha, you can't be serious!"

2. He lost one of his sabers, and was only using 1 plus a spear.

3. He was impaled with Tarpals spear after stabbing him, and thus opening himself up to getting hit with Boomas.

Infact, Grevious showed complete stupidity by underestimating his opponent. Just because you can fight Jedi, doesn't mean you should underestimate anything lesser especially when those beings have essentially EMP weapons and your pretty much a droid.

Underestimation of your opponent= Your more then likely going to lose, cause you won't take the fight seriously.
They are quite elite, in LoE he killed 4 Jedi like it was nothing, in CW he killed 2 masters and captured Shaak Tii easily. In the fight against 7 Jedi, he didn't even use his other 2 arms.

Why would he not be able to dodge the EMP and the spear? Since his computer chip on his mind could help him anticipate Jedi Master's Force Push, why would he get hit by it?

BlazingShadow
03.12.2013 , 02:21 PM | #6
1) Darth Maul- gave him good story and personality

worst:
1) General Grievous- What the F. They nerfed him in Episode 3, they ubernerfd him with TCW
2) Ventress and the Nightsisters- I group them together because they eviscerated Nightsister canon
3) mandalorians- there are none besides the death watch, destroyed Mandalore, lawl
4) Anakin- not dark enough

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 02:32 PM | #7
They are quite elite, in LoE he killed 4 Jedi like it was nothing, in CW he killed 2 masters and captured Shaak Tii easily. In the fight against 7 Jedi, he didn't even use his other 2 arms.

Why would he not be able to dodge the EMP and the spear? Since his computer chip on his mind could help him anticipate Jedi Master's Force Push, why would he get hit by it?
Because instead of focusing, he was being a moron and pretty much laughed and held Tarpals in place after stabbing him and gloating saying..

"How does it feel to die!"

Being in place, and thinking he won gave Tarpals the chance to stab Grevious thus stunning him and thus the other Gungans were able to hit him with the Boomas.

So like Maul...he got cocky.

Slowpokeking
03.12.2013 , 02:37 PM | #8
Because instead of focusing, he was being a moron and pretty much laughed and held Tarpals in place after stabbing him and gloating saying..

"How does it feel to die!"

Being in place, and thinking he won gave Tarpals the chance to stab Grevious thus stunning him and thus the other Gungans were able to hit him with the Boomas.

So like Maul...he got cocky.
Which is not the cunning, powerful GG we saw in other sources. Why would he care to laugh at a Gungan? He didn't even give a **** to those Jedi he killed.

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 02:44 PM | #9
Which is not the cunning, powerful GG we saw in other sources. Why would he care to laugh at a Gungan? He didn't even give a **** to those Jedi he killed.
Because those were Jedi, and Gungans are pretty weak by comparison to them so why wouldn't he laugh at Tarpals? Maul did pretty much the same thing, he killed Qui-Gon who was a great Jedi Master and had Obi-Wan on the ropes. This all comes down to underestimating your opponent, which Maul and Grevious made that error.

Slowpokeking
03.12.2013 , 02:47 PM | #10
Because those were Jedi, and Gungans are pretty weak by comparison to them so why wouldn't he laugh at Tarpals? Maul did pretty much the same thing, he killed Qui-Gon who was a great Jedi Master and had Obi-Wan on the ropes. This all comes down to underestimating your opponent, which Maul and Grevious made that error.
GG also view most of the Jedi as weakling, he thought they aren't worthy to earn his feelings.

Maul was different, he was not being arrogant, but way too careful, if he get too close he could get force pulled by Obi Wan.