Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CM items vs actually playing the game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
CM items vs actually playing the game.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Theeko
03.12.2013 , 01:51 PM | #21
There own cartel is being duped and they aren't doing anything about it.

http://i46.tinypic.com/59u928.jpg

Still going on every day ^^

supafreak
03.12.2013 , 02:14 PM | #22
Cant craft anything cool. Cant loot anything cool. Everything we can craft or loot has a version of it on the CM, or is soley on the CM
Other than v1 grendes, stims and augments theres no reason to even craft.
Im all for the CM giving vanity items, and people looking how they want from the start but damn....
Where's the shinies? Where's the Legendary loot with amazing stat's you cant match by shoving generic mods into a shell?
Where's the extremely rare loot that makes people go WHOAH
Where is all the in-game only loot?

"Wow whered you get that cool loot? did you fight off a tribe of massassai warriors and cut it out of the gut of a Bull rancor? NO? you just bought it on the CM and filled it with generic mods everyone can get to give it some stats...well that sounds kinda boring"
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

EricMusco
03.12.2013 , 02:16 PM | #23 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey Philastra!

One thing I did want point out is that I know sometimes there may be a misconception that because we are releasing new items into the Cartel Market, that we are not producing other content. Just to make everyone aware that our Cartel Market and content development teams are two very different things internally.

That is to say, us producing new items for the Cartel Market does not adversely mean we are not producing content. We are always doing both of these things and they are released accordingly.

I am not sure if that directly addresses any of your concerns, but I thought this would be a good place to make mention of that. Also, as you can imagine our "content developers" are pretty busy with Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Game Update 2.0. I did attempt to address some of the other concerns that you raised in one of my other posts as well, you can see that here (I think you saw it already but just in case).

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

supafreak
03.12.2013 , 02:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Theeko View Post
There own cartel is being duped and they aren't doing anything about it.

http://i46.tinypic.com/59u928.jpg

Still going on every day ^^
I dont understand the problem in the picture. people are selling excess CM items they dont need so some people dont need to spend real money, seems ok
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

Jonoku
03.12.2013 , 02:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Philastra!

One thing I did want point out is that I know sometimes there may be a misconception that because we are releasing new items into the Cartel Market, that we are not producing other content. Just to make everyone aware that our Cartel Market and content development teams are two very different things internally.

That is to say, us producing new items for the Cartel Market does not adversely mean we are not producing content. We are always doing both of these things and they are released accordingly.

I am not sure if that directly addresses any of your concerns, but I thought this would be a good place to make mention of that. Also, as you can imagine our "content developers" are pretty busy with Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Game Update 2.0. I did attempt to address some of the other concerns that you raised in one of my other posts as well, you can see that here (I think you saw it already but just in case).

-eric
Is the server transfer service development team different too?
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Izorii
03.12.2013 , 02:22 PM | #26
When they first annonced the CM I thought it was a good idea. Stuff we would not see in game option for us to pay for it if we want it. However all we seem to see is the same outfits, speeders, boosts and lotto packs being churned out. Now its obviously the player bases fault too many people bought this crap. Also when we got told about the CM it was a seperate developement team but since it we seem to get 2 pages of new Cartel items and a couple of bugs fixed every few weeks, it does seem that all the developers are on CM and no one is actually fixing the game or adding new content we wont have to pay for.

Theeko
03.12.2013 , 02:24 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by supafreak View Post
I dont understand the problem in the picture. people are selling excess CM items they dont need so some people dont need to spend real money, seems ok
an Excess of over 250,000 cartel coins or more? really. I doubt anyone would spend that much real $ for credits.

Blackavaar
03.12.2013 , 02:25 PM | #28
Hey Philastra!

-eric
Hey, Eric. Show me one Armor set (excluding the Gree event) that has been added directly to the game in the last 5 months. Show me one Crafted Armor set that has been added, fixed or otherwise changed in any significant way. Show me all of the new Pistols and Rifles and Lightsabers and Color Crystals we can now craft. Oh, that's right, there aren't any.

Keep spinning, doc.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Neglience
03.12.2013 , 02:30 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Hey, Eric. Show me one Armor set (excluding the Gree event) that has been added directly to the game in the last 5 months. Show me one Crafted Armor set that has been added, fixed or otherwise changed in any significant way. Show me all of the new Pistols and Rifles and Lightsabers and Color Crystals we can now craft. Oh, that's right, there aren't any.

Keep spinning, doc.

wanted to post, but this says all.
if they are different teams why dont we see as much items added to the game (and not the cash shop) ? crafting in this game left broken since release but you keep adding new stuff to the shop. the thing is, adding items to the game dont give extra $$$.

Philastra
03.12.2013 , 02:35 PM | #30
Hey Philastra!

-eric
Thank you very much for the reply Eric, it says a lot that you guys are watching and listening, I am very much looking forward to see whats in store for us subbers, and thanks for trying to clarify the subject of this. I know the market has created a good source of income for the game and am looking forward to seeing those returns in LIVE. Thanks again Eric as I said before your reply goes a lonnnnng way well for me in showing that you guys do care.

But I really am still concerned with the fact that can buy your way to the top of an in game system. Please reconsider this type of thing for the future CM items. No in game system should be able to be bought with RL money they should reflect time spent in game only.
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....