Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Luke (post-GrandMaster) vs Revan (post-KotOR)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Luke (post-GrandMaster) vs Revan (post-KotOR)

LordFailstrom
03.12.2013 , 10:26 AM | #1
I'm sure this has been brought up before...but I've not seen it so I'm making on myself to get some other opinons

To start with:

Revan was presumably trained from young childhood and has been through his share of all out Jedi- and Sith-style wars, had some insanely bad mofo moments, had the full Sith experience (took apprentice, betrayed by apprentice, killed apprentice) and so on and so forth

Luke has the full legacy of force power from his father and also has had a few bad mofo moments, experienced war more from a non force-user perspective as well as among other force users, and was betrayed by his own apprentices a couple times.

Both have touched both light and dark sides, both have been idolized as legendary leaders, both have redefined what it means to be a Jedi, both have learned from ancient secrets, both have encountered/fought evils older than themselves, both have seen enough crap to make any mere mortal cower in insanity and fear.

So let's make them do the timewarp and end up on an isolated planet...Would they work together or fight and if fighting, who would win?
Anything not given by the original creator, no matter how many people wish to believe it as truth, is actually nothing more than glorified fan-fiction

LadyKulvax
03.12.2013 , 10:38 AM | #2
If Revan isn't on one of his craizer days, he'll be very smart and work with the Grand Master, otherwise he loses instantly, as he is frozen in place, just as Master Skywalker did to Darth Caedus who is waaaaay above Revan on the power scale.
"The Dark Jedi are in many ways more dangerous than the Sith."
Republic Justice

Airmo
03.12.2013 , 10:57 AM | #3
Yeah.. if Revan is mentally stable he would work with Luke at all costs if he doesn't want to be decimated. Luke is the Superman of Star Wars at this point isnt he? Well, that could be changed I guess..
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 11:27 AM | #4
GrandMaster Luke > Pretty much any Sith/Jedi, except for Palpatine. But then...this is post-Kotor Revan, if you don't go all the way to where he went to go fight the Emperor...then he would probably be stable and not be stupid to pick a fight. However...if you go far, to the point where he is unstable then ya he is gonna die...very quickly.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ImmortalLowlife
03.12.2013 , 02:36 PM | #5
Grandmaster Luke would spend a considerable amount of time trying to "save" revan. B4 it came to a fight. But if it was a fight, my money's on Luke. I don't think ole Palpatine could have stood against the Grandmaster.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~The Elite Imperial Guard & Order of the Light~

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 02:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Grandmaster Luke would spend a considerable amount of time trying to "save" revan. B4 it came to a fight. But if it was a fight, my money's on Luke. I don't think ole Palpatine could have stood against the Grandmaster.
He did, Palpatine's only equal is Luke. Of course unless you mean Old Palps.

LordFailstrom
03.12.2013 , 03:36 PM | #7
See, I've always felt that Palpatine wasn't any greater than Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd or Tulak Hord or whoever else of the "great" ancient sith lords...and Revan was better than many of those...call me a fanboy of the original KotOR if you wish, but Revan seemed to be the best of the best for the time period and it seems that force users were generally far more powerful in Old Republic era than in New Republic era...

then again, didn't Luke rip a Star Destroyer out of the sky or something like that? I suppose that would put you up a bit on the rankings...
Anything not given by the original creator, no matter how many people wish to believe it as truth, is actually nothing more than glorified fan-fiction

Aurbere
03.12.2013 , 03:44 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFailstrom View Post
See, I've always felt that Palpatine wasn't any greater than Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd or Tulak Hord or whoever else of the "great" ancient sith lords
Darth Sidious is, and always will be, the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist.

Quote:
...and Revan was better than many of those...call me a fanboy of the original KotOR if you wish, but Revan seemed to be the best of the best
Not really. He's up there in that time period, but other Force users during that time period (Great Sith War-post KOTOR) are superior.

Quote:
for the time period and it seems that force users were generally far more powerful in Old Republic era than in New Republic era...
Incorrect.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
03.12.2013 , 03:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFailstrom View Post
See, I've always felt that Palpatine wasn't any greater than Exar Kun or Freedon Nadd or Tulak Hord or whoever else of the "great" ancient sith lords...and Revan was better than many of those...call me a fanboy of the original KotOR if you wish, but Revan seemed to be the best of the best for the time period and it seems that force users were generally far more powerful in Old Republic era than in New Republic era...

then again, didn't Luke rip a Star Destroyer out of the sky or something like that? I suppose that would put you up a bit on the rankings...
Palpatine was greater then any before him, multiple sources state that he is the greatest Sith Lord to ever live(also having the feats to back it). Revan was one of the best of his time period, not THE best and he is still outclassed though by the likes of Luke and Sidious and others.

No Luke hasn't, but with his power there is no doubt that he could. But here is a list of things that he has done...

- Rooted himself with the force, so strong that he became an inmoveable object that not even the Black Hole at the center of the galaxy could move him.

- Been noted to seem to be wielding 10 or 20 lightsabers.

- Absorbing shots from an AT-AT and then knocking it down with a Force Push.

- Rebuilt Vader's fortress on Courscant and then destroy it.

- He froze everything during a food fight, every morsel, drop and item as if it was all trapped in time.

- He merged with The Force to such a degree, that he wasn't even there physically or as an individual personality, and nothing could stand in his wake.

I can post more and with detail, but this seems good enough.

Ventessel
03.13.2013 , 01:20 PM | #10
Let's come back to this debate after Episode VII has come out, hopefully erasing all the disgusting drivel of the early EU that elevated Luke and Palpatine to the status of demi-gods. It's outrageous and even Lucas hates it. Once the likes of Dark Empire have been overwritten, some reason will be restored to that era.

I've never cottoned on to the absurdities of Palpatine's cloning and invincible levels of power. He was not introduced this way, and a great deal of the post-RotJ EU is laughably written.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell