Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Certificates that cost money? KIDDING ME

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Certificates that cost money? KIDDING ME

SirThrorjedi
03.12.2013 , 09:57 AM | #1
As I am a long time player, and like this game. The fact you can't turn in one certificate for something is ridiculous. The fact your can't sell it or give it away is ridiculous. The fact that many will pay money for all those items in the new market area is to each its own. Hope you will take that money and fix the lag issues, exploit issues. for allowing me to play this game. Yet, the fact a sub only gets 500 600 points a month is a joke to. When no one has rights to this game and in 2 months when you see people stop buying reputation certificates you could just close down game and no one has a right to anything. For once I would like to see some game invest in its players, and not there own pocket book, or employees that construct the game. I'm not trying to be Debbie downer, yet this is horrid how reputation is and how it is dished out. So your telling me I need to give you 1000 dollars to become awesome?
Seek and Destroy the weaklings.

ClexMix
03.12.2013 , 10:53 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SirThrorjedi View Post
As I am a long time player, and like this game. The fact you can't turn in one certificate for something is ridiculous. The fact your can't sell it or give it away is ridiculous. The fact that many will pay money for all those items in the new market area is to each its own. Hope you will take that money and fix the lag issues, exploit issues. for allowing me to play this game. Yet, the fact a sub only gets 500 600 points a month is a joke to. When no one has rights to this game and in 2 months when you see people stop buying reputation certificates you could just close down game and no one has a right to anything. For once I would like to see some game invest in its players, and not there own pocket book, or employees that construct the game. I'm not trying to be Debbie downer, yet this is horrid how reputation is and how it is dished out. So your telling me I need to give you 1000 dollars to become awesome?

I have a hard time reading through this and taking much of it setious. These general "shock and rage" posts about having to spend money for something that ultimately doesn't change your gameplay are just ridiculous... As if there weren't enough qq post about every possible issue, now BW has to sift through these. BW should just not release any new content from the sounds of it because even though they have to turn a profit off the game to pay their salaries to feed and clothe themselves and their families, apparently we shouldnt have to pay for anything as consumers...

I have to ask this.... are you people so dense that you actually think what you say makes sense? I really hope you never have people that HAVE to rely upon you....

SirThrorjedi
03.13.2013 , 03:13 PM | #3
Well i'm setious to. Don't understand how 8 million dollars can't create a stable environment?
Seek and Destroy the weaklings.

cabled
03.13.2013 , 05:44 PM | #4
you're obviously forgetting that there are running costs to any service. in fact, the packs are a direction i like seeing. People who want cosmetic improvements get to pay for them. Those who don't aren't being shortchanged anything game-play wise.

ChrisMattar
03.13.2013 , 06:03 PM | #5
Though I agree that Bioware needs to make money and I'm glad they are as long as we get the content and service in return, I do agree that some things need amending as well.
For example the Market certificates should be bound to legacy and not character, because rare as they are, and hard as it is to gather up the number needed to buy anything (which I think should be a bit lowered) I got 1 or 2 on two different characters and now both are useless, if I could combine them and get 4 I could use them
There was no warning of this and we couldnt have imagined that we had to open our packs with a specific character for this to work correctly. I often open packs with a low level alt because he has the most space in cargo, but almost never use anything on him.

Now how could I have know that ahead of time? this really needs to be fixed to be fair.

cabled
03.13.2013 , 06:05 PM | #6
yes, the devs have already confirmed that they are looking at that. those should be legacy bound i agree.

Lyshar
03.14.2013 , 01:08 AM | #7
I believe it says in the pack's description before buying it that you can trade/sell stuff your character cannot (currently) use, but that might have been in the patch notes. Can't check right now, but they should make those things NOT BIND AT ALL!

What if I don't want anything you can get with them? Then they are as useless as the droid customizations. I think I still have one bound to an imperial character for the republic droid stowed away in my cargo hold on some character. Can't even vendor trash it, when you buy something from there it should not bind at all unless you know what you're getting at least.

Bind to legacy is also bad for this random stuff. Bind to legacy would be good for the items in the packs so they bind after equiping, but until then you should still be able to trade them.

Didn't get a certificate yet, and may be a while as I don't want to buy coins to finance the "pay to gain rep" nonsense. So may only spend subscription coins there, this is yet another insult to subscribers!

Can you at least vendor trash them?

cabled
03.14.2013 , 01:19 AM | #8
you are able to vendor most of the stuff from the packs or put them on the GTN. The timer is 2 days or something similar. Once that expires you should be able to move them on.

With regard to customizations, i'm quite sure you can vendor them.

Anarious
03.14.2013 , 04:28 AM | #9
Ship droid customisations became unbound a couple of weeks ago.

My Rep toons were able to sell on the GTN previously bound Imperial ones that I had been sitting on.
Anarior
Officer of <Ascent> - The Harbinger
Ascent is an Oceanic based social and end-game guild.

Lyshar
03.21.2013 , 06:16 AM | #10
Got one certificate now... bound to char, need multiple, need additional credits... STUFF YOU CAN BUY IS ALSO BIND ON PICK-UP!

CERTIFICATE VENDOR VALUE IS ZERO! What are they thinking?