Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Cartel Market Certificates need to be BOL

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Cartel Market Certificates need to be BOL

Woofii
03.12.2013 , 08:23 AM | #1
Hey all,

I am writing in regards to the cartel market certificates which are bound to the character you buy the cartel packs on. I think these really need to change to Bind on Legacy.

Take me for example, I bought packs on an alt as I really don't want to clog up my mains inventory and now I am stuck with the cartel market certificates on an alt without being able to transfer them to my main. Further to that the items I can buy are bind on pickup, so I cant even buy the item and send it to my main.

Please reconsider this and make the certificates bond to legacy or change the items we can buy to bind on legacy.

DarthGile
03.12.2013 , 08:25 AM | #2
It's a good idea. However the good news is they're not permanently stuck on your alt. In 2 days, you'll be able to mail them.

DarthBuckets
03.12.2013 , 08:26 AM | #3
IF the rep trophies and the certificates must bind (a set up I do not agree with), I agree the certificates should be made BOL.

This is a system that promotes buying a massive amount of packs, but coupled with the bind timer and the necessity of stockpiling certificates on the character you want to spend them on, bank space is a constraint. Also, if I open packs on one character to save certs to buy Revan's Mask on an alt, it is not possible to purchase it for the character I want it on.

Woofii
03.12.2013 , 08:26 AM | #4
Really? They say bound with no countdown clock

Alec_Fortescue
03.12.2013 , 08:28 AM | #5
No. They need to be tradeable like everything else in the cartel packs. I'd like to sell to players so they can their reputation stuff. I don't want anything from those vendors and I wouldn't like to destroy items which are taking up space in my cargo/inventory, because I spent a lot of credits/money to get'em.
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

Woofii
03.12.2013 , 08:32 AM | #6
Oh I would much prefer they all be tradeable, but not sure if bioware would go for that, so would settle for BOL Certificates.

DarkDiva
03.12.2013 , 08:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
No. They need to be tradeable like everything else in the cartel packs. I'd like to sell to players so they can their reputation stuff. I don't want anything from those vendors and I wouldn't like to destroy items which are taking up space in my cargo/inventory, because I spent a lot of credits/money to get'em.
This. I have no interest for anything on the new rep vendor. But now I'm stuck with these where I was hoping to sell them.
"Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
"Big damn heroes, sir."

DarthBuckets
03.12.2013 , 08:35 AM | #8
The sad thing is that this implementation for the rep vendor would be great, if the following changed:
* Rep trophies are BOE or available for credits
* Cartel Market certificates are BOE or available for credits

This would also be a great way to create credit sinks, for the in-game economy.

The certificate issues could be resolved by making them Bind on Legacy, and only using them for old Cartel Pack items (not unique items where you need to open RNG packs yourself to get currency).

Madjoes
03.12.2013 , 08:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Woofii View Post
Hey all,

I am writing in regards to the cartel market certificates which are bound to the character you buy the cartel packs on. I think these really need to change to Bind on Legacy.

Take me for example, I bought packs on an alt as I really don't want to clog up my mains inventory and now I am stuck with the cartel market certificates on an alt without being able to transfer them to my main. Further to that the items I can buy are bind on pickup, so I cant even buy the item and send it to my main.

Please reconsider this and make the certificates bond to legacy or change the items we can buy to bind on legacy.
100% aggree

Nyla
03.12.2013 , 09:33 AM | #10
I agree too, BOL is the minimum, though I think certificates and new rep items should be BOE so we can trade them.