Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Erked.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cleet_Xia's Avatar


Cleet_Xia
03.12.2013 , 08:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
I didn't want to jump to conclusions, but if the ONLY way to get rep with this faction is by purchasing those disgusting packs, I'll be done with the CM permanently. I can't support that. I get that the CM is there to make money, but gambling for rep? That tells me that they're testing the water to see just how much they can get away with charging for, and once they start with that, the game is likely doomed.
That about sums it up, I won't be buying cartel packs to earn rep. And even if the rep gifts were not bound ~ I wouldn't buy them off the GTN.

This is wrong BW --- just wrong.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
03.12.2013 , 08:07 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
So they add a load of a new content and prevent people from accessing it unless they pay? Even though many of us pay a sub every month to avoid having to pay to access the game? I don't understand how people can defend this blatant extortion.
It's nothing that you need and nothing that you need to win. This is very similar to having to pay for a set of armor. The only difference is that you have to buy more packs before buying the armor (or whatever) from the new vendor. If you don't like it, don't spend your money on it.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
03.12.2013 , 08:09 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
So... how about we charge you every time you need to get on your speeder? F2p don't get speeders any more, subs do, but you have to pay a quarter every time you want to mount it. I mean, you don't HAVE to use a speeder in this game, you're lucky they even let you have one. If you want that added convenience, you should pay for it. And, I mean, it's just a quarter - I can find that much in my couch. I spend more on Starbucks. It'll probably only cost you like 8.50$ a day in speeder mounting, and come on - that's chump change!
That's a slippery slope fallacy. They aren't charging for each speeder use. When they do, let's talk.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
03.12.2013 , 08:10 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
That about sums it up, I won't be buying cartel packs to earn rep. And even if the rep gifts were not bound ~ I wouldn't buy them off the GTN.

This is wrong BW --- just wrong.
This.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

HanStyle's Avatar


HanStyle
03.12.2013 , 08:11 AM | #25
I cant believe there are ppl supporting this new P2W sh** , REALLY ? i m about to ragequit the game for ever,this is just making fun of us

Levity's Avatar


Levity
03.12.2013 , 08:13 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
It's nothing that you need and nothing that you need to win. This is very similar to having to pay for a set of armor. The only difference is that you have to buy more packs before buying the armor (or whatever) from the new vendor. If you don't like it, don't spend your money on it.
No it is not the same. This isn't "here's some meh armor that lasts till this lvl" garbage. Or fluff armor that just looks cool. This is an entire piece of content you have to continuously pay for even though you are already paying to have the full content. And as I said, I like doing reputation. So as a mind set to how I play the game, yes it is something I need. Just like someone who likes lvling alts. Do you need to lvl alts? No. But to someone who really enjoys it, yes they need it.

TheSeventhJedi's Avatar


TheSeventhJedi
03.12.2013 , 08:13 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
That's a slippery slope fallacy. They aren't charging for each speeder use. When they do, let's talk.
No, they haven't started yet, because we'd outright walk out. They're testing the waters. They're moving the line farther. Look up what Riticiello said about ammo clips in BF3 and tell me I haven't made a valid argument.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB


(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
03.12.2013 , 08:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
Ok. So a ONE TIME buy of a game, then a one pay subscription fee every month to support the progression of the game should mean you aren't barred from the content they produce. You might be happy swallowing the fact that you can't access part of the game even though you are still paying, even though paying a subscription is supposed to give you full access to the game. The design is bad.
Never has, never will. I didn't by the Collector's Edition. I don't have access to that vendor, for example.

Quote:
So in WoW after you buy the game + expansions and pay your subscription, can you not go into the game and grind every bit of reputation and game content without paying for it? I do believe so. Bad argument.
This is a strawman. I said you have to pay to access new systems, via expansions. Expansions are paying more than you do when you buy the game and your sub. What you're complaining about is that you have to pay to access new content streams. That exactly what happens when you buy an expansion. All you're hung up on is HOW you buy it. This is just a system sold ala carte instead of bundled. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Don't like the game anymore because of it, stop supporting it. That's your choice.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault

Mevan's Avatar


Mevan
03.12.2013 , 08:17 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
It's nothing that you need and nothing that you need to win. This is very similar to having to pay for a set of armor. The only difference is that you have to buy more packs before buying the armor (or whatever) from the new vendor. If you don't like it, don't spend your money on it.
Yes but you don't NEED to be able to do FP's, you don't NEED to be able to do WZ's, you don't NEED to be able to do Ops, you don't NEED to be able to equip orange or purple gear, you don't need to be able to access all the planets in the game.

So could you and everyone else lose this ******** attitude that because something isn't important to you it's not important to someone else. This is content we, even subscribers, have to pay to ACCESS. Not to get, to ACCESS. It's disgusting.

Master-Nala's Avatar


Master-Nala
03.12.2013 , 08:19 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
No, they haven't started yet, because we'd outright walk out. They're testing the waters. They're moving the line farther. Look up what Riticiello said about ammo clips in BF3 and tell me I haven't made a valid argument.
You haven't. When they start charging for speeder use, then that will be a valid argument. That's not what's under discussion. What is under discussion is whether having to pay to access the reputation for one faction and one vendor is such a big deal.

It's not. It's actually an improvement if you think it through. Once you have the rep with this vendor, you can spend credits for its products. They could have just put the rep items in the packs. Then you could find yourself missing one part of the outfit or something like that.
My 60s:Alana-Balance, Myschal-Ruffian, Vodoun-Vengeance, Alan-Medic, Ztephanie-Hatred, Curiosi-Marksman, Angiola-Concen., Chisami-Arsenal, Rickta-K. Combat, Mioni - Seer, Vesnas-Tactics, Psionicist-TK Sinbad-Sawbones, Arbaaz-Serenity, Nal'aa-Infil, Hard-top, Assault