Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Erked.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Levity
03.12.2013 , 07:13 AM | #1
I like to grind reputation. In any MMO, it's just something I enjoyed. Getting all the reputation items + titles etc, etc. So now they put in a new reputation grind which made me excited while I was reading the patch notes... until it said you have to buy cartel packs to gain rep. with that faction. I haven't been on to specifically see if there is any other way, and if there isn't that's pretty depressing.

It's not game breaking. But I will forever feel incomplete since one of the reputation bars will never be at that "Legendary" status I so enjoy to attain since I refuse to pay real money for something that was designed as a time sink.

sadpanda

SithKoriandr
03.12.2013 , 07:17 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Levity View Post
I like to grind reputation. In any MMO, it's just something I enjoyed. Getting all the reputation items + titles etc, etc. So now they put in a new reputation grind which made me excited while I was reading the patch notes... until it said you have to buy cartel packs to gain rep. with that faction. I haven't been on to specifically see if there is any other way, and if there isn't that's pretty depressing.

It's not game breaking. But I will forever feel incomplete since one of the reputation bars will never be at that "Legendary" status I so enjoy to attain since I refuse to pay real money for something that was designed as a time sink.

sadpanda
Buy them on the GTN and never spend a cent of your real money!

Mevan
03.12.2013 , 07:22 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Buy them on the GTN and never spend a cent of your real money!
And can you actually do that? Since all other Rep items are bound.

If you can't trade them... Well, it's pretty sickening how they are allowed to screw over subbed players.

Levity
03.12.2013 , 07:22 AM | #4
Oh yeah forgot about that lol. But basing my "possible" reputation gains on a hit or miss situation is not favorable to me either haha. Think of the amount of rep. items you need to hit legendary and if those packs are are 150-300k like all the others for "maybe" getting a reputation item... ehhhh xD

Estelindis
03.12.2013 , 07:23 AM | #5
Rep items from the packs are indeed bound, without timer.

Levity
03.12.2013 , 07:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
And can you actually do that? Since all other Rep items are bound.

If you can't trade them... Well, it's pretty sickening how they are allowed to screw over subbed players.
He meant buying the whole cartel pack, not the individual item.

Mevan
03.12.2013 , 07:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Rep items from the packs are indeed bound, without timer.
Pretty disgusting really. Someone explain to me why I'm paying for a sub.

Lesliey
03.12.2013 , 07:33 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Pretty disgusting really. Someone explain to me why I'm paying for a sub.
^^^This! i mean really BW? Having to pay real money to advance in this rep a dumb and greedy idea from BW/EA!!
Why was a not in game choice given to get this rep too??
POW
Leslies/Slylies

Power of One. TOFN

Levity
03.12.2013 , 07:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lesliey View Post
^^^This! i mean really BW? Having to pay real money to advance in this rep a dumb and greedy idea from BW/EA!!
Why was a not in game choice given to get this rep too??
Who knows. They are like beggars sticking out their hand for what little money they can get from the cartel market.

Senscith
03.12.2013 , 07:37 AM | #10
You don't have to have anything from it, just like you don't have to have anything from the Cartel Market. Bioware was good enough to let you sell those things on the GTN and not just forcefully restrict them to your account or even just one character. The vendor is a reward designed specifically at those who spend money at the Cartel Market. If they're spending their real money to get some of these things, throwing them an extra bone that only they can get isn't in any way a bad thing or a "Up yours" to people who don't want to spend their money on the cartel market or their at least 500 coins a month for being a sub on anything from the market.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryn View Post
what happened to the good ol' days when you ran up to some one and whacked them with something?