Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Roleplay Related) Questions for all Sith Masters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Ebon Hawk
(Roleplay Related) Questions for all Sith Masters

justchillax
03.11.2013 , 11:41 PM | #1
I probably could have found an RP forum to post this in, but I figured that because I will be role playing with you guys, I should be asking you guys the questions.

What do you look for in potential apprentices? Do you frown upon more light sided characters, not accepting them as an apprentice because of their alignment? Does level play a part in your selection process? Will you only consider mentoring apprentices that are low levels? For you role playing vets, I'm curious as to what your philosophy is behind accepting a worthy apprentice.

I ask only because I've been meaning to seek out a master myself, and I happen to fall into some of the categories above. I feel as if my alignment and level would turn some people off. I'd like to hear your ideas. Thanks.

Jenzali
03.12.2013 , 12:50 AM | #2
I play an apprentice and it's an interesting dynamic, because the vast majority of Sith roleplayers fancy themselves to be powerful Sith Lords or Darths. Too many chefs in the kitchen, so to speak. With apprentices in such short supply, you can pretty much choose any master you want. It's just about how high your standards are. So OOC, don't ask masters what they are looking for in an apprentice - you should be the one telling them what you want in a master.

For me, I respect a roleplayer that can actually do what they claim their character can do. If their Sith Lord is supposed to be an extremely manipulative person, then they'd better be able to manipulate other roleplayers through both IC and OOC subterfuge. If they claim to have a power base of minions, then they should be able to assemble that army of RPers in an instant to do their bidding. If they claim to be a great or wise teacher, then they should have something useful for my character to learn. If they claim to be undefeatable in combat, then they'd better be prepared to prove it in a real PvP duel.

Just my opinion. Everyone and their mother styles themself as an all-powerful Darth, but only 1 in a 100 has rightfully earned their title
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

SystemProcess
03.14.2013 , 09:02 AM | #3
Personally?

I look for unique characters that don't just spout the same old stuff every other Sith does. I look for creativity in character creation, and it doesn't matter to me whether they are light or dark side, as long as they can back that choice up in their roleplay. I also like to make sure that person is up for roleplay fairly often and is willing to participate in our guild activities or else there's really no point. Level doesn't matter to me at all, since I started my Darth toon off as a Lord, and roleplayed his ascension to Darth over a long span of time, during which I stopped leveling completely and just focused on RP. (I finally hit 50 though :<)

My character prefers Sith who were not raised knowing they were to be Sith, as he finds them insufferable and full of unwarranted self-importance. He believes that a person is much more useful if they think outside the box and obtain more life skills than 'I can swing a lightsaber good'. He looks for apprentices who seem to have good intuition and that can thrive on their own without being babied. It's also important that he ensures he doesn't pick up an apprentice who will not just immediately try to kill him either. In fact, none of his apprentices have ever turned on him. He promises them knowledge, training, something to do, and in turn they are patient and eventually become elevated if they deserve it.
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

Chiltonium
03.15.2013 , 02:06 AM | #4
As always, to each their own.

I personally play an extremely lackadaisical sith lord. I didnt tie myself RP-wise to my class story, other than the force walking ability, and keeping ghosts within myself because thats freaking awesome. I play more the type to be annoyed at petty squabbles, or to stare off at the ceiling and wonder what I am going to have for dinner while Darth Loudmouth spouts off how he wants to kill me and eat my liver. I am the type who sits in the corner in the cantina, maybe nursing a drink while I eavesdrop on everyone else and sigh at the lack of competition, or intelligence that I see. And I would look for an apprentice to mold the same way. Or rather, I would never look for an apprentice, but if one insisted I would likely take them out of boredom and to see what I could turn them into.

I am far from one of the types who would be all " YOU DO WHAT I SAY RAWRGRLGRGL!!! I AM TEH LORD OF TEH SITH FEAR ME!" and more of the "eh....do whatever you want...as long as it doesnt interfere with me, because then I'll flay you alive and put your skin on my target dummy" type.
Syasentas - 55 Operative
Syadestis - 55 Powertech
Syaseheth - 55 Assassin
SyasehethS - 55 Juggernaut (yea, same name with an s, so what, wanna fight about it?)

Moonbreak
03.20.2013 , 09:31 PM | #5
I myself run a light side sith that flies off the other side of the spectrum. She's not exactly 'pro Empire' either. Rarely gets along with Sith in general due to the mindset.

She in terms would be considered a master from having succeeded and killing her prior one, though refuses to acknowledge any affiliation with the Sith. She is a studious type, toiling over the latest haul of information, crypt raiding and searching for a way to accomplish her goals.

With her I also do not like being forward, mainly due to the fact that she is normally the silent type, speaking generally only if the situation demands a verbal answer.

In terms of taking an apprentice, one would typically need to be eager, though respectful because she is extremely short tempered with the 'holier than thou' attitude of majority sith. She is also unwanting of an apprentice who is quick to draw their weapon as a solution to a situation.

Pistols-GS
03.21.2013 , 10:50 AM | #6
I am Master MattLloyd, Sith Lord of the Guild Hostile Touching, and I believe every apprentice should be accepting of whatever their Master wishes to teach them. My current apprentice, Brobi-ahn-maibone, has been shaped with my hard touches for nearly a year, and has mastered all there is to know about positions in the Force.

If interested in Hostile Touching, please PM with me with some details about yourself, I'm sure I can make you a master.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

lordkhouri
03.21.2013 , 02:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
I am Master MattLloyd, Sith Lord of the Guild Hostile Touching, and I believe every apprentice should be accepting of whatever their Master wishes to teach them. My current apprentice, Brobi-ahn-maibone, has been shaped with my hard touches for nearly a year, and has mastered all there is to know about positions in the Force.

If interested in Hostile Touching, please PM with me with some details about yourself, I'm sure I can make you a master.
Thank you master, for teaching me all you have! You have shaped me with your hard touches for a long time now, and though the process has been long and hard, I have grown strong and mastered the many positions in the Force. Soon it will be my time to dominate over my apprentice and teach them the ways Hostile Touching, and soon we will break through and penetrate the unsuspecting and weak forces that oppose us and finally conquer Bendova and the Black Hole!!!
Brobi- Pot5 - <Hostile Takeover>
http://www.twitch.tv/brobi1

matthewlloydAK
03.21.2013 , 04:48 PM | #8
...no

Crawelc
03.22.2013 , 06:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by matthewlloydAK View Post
...no
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_6CopW9GQ

OOOH YEAH
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

NadirPalo
03.22.2013 , 09:59 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by matthewlloydAK View Post
...no
Show some respect, these fine gentlemen have traveled very far from a mystical place called The Pot5 Forums to troll our RP'ers. We should feel honored that they've graced our humble corner of the galaxy with their presence
Pot5 -- Naismiya assassin -- NadÝr marauder -- JÚnny operative -- BŃd mercenary
TEH -- Ruyah shadow -- Nadir vanguard -- Nadiri scoundrel -- Zaahira sentinel -- Na'dir guardian