Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why Do I Get So Much Hate For Playing Light-Side Sith?

Berronaxftw
03.11.2013 , 03:05 PM | #1
as the title says.. get so much rage and QQ from people when i say i play light side sith saying "the empire is evil and your character should be evil"..

that's BS the empire isn't evil (imo).. i mean sure it has a few bad eggs, but the republic aint no good guy club either..

darksidechemist
03.11.2013 , 03:08 PM | #2
It's your guy; play it the way you want. Tell the nerd ragers to f off.

AlexDougherty
03.11.2013 , 03:16 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
as the title says.. get so much rage and QQ from people when i say i play light side sith saying "the empire is evil and your character should be evil"..

that's BS the empire isn't evil (imo).. i mean sure it has a few bad eggs, but the republic aint no good guy club either..
No stick from me over this, but the empire is evil, it's racist and warmongering, these are evil facets, there are good people in there but the empire itself is evil.

I agree about the corruption in the republic though, it is deep and getting to Sith levels of vileness.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

anthemambient
03.11.2013 , 03:29 PM | #4
If I ever feel like trolling, I get on my Sith and I run as lightside.
Romans 12:21 .. exception to this is my Sage.

Berronaxftw
03.11.2013 , 03:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
No stick from me over this, but the empire is evil, it's racist and warmongering, these are evil facets, there are good people in there but the empire itself is evil.

I agree about the corruption in the republic though, it is deep and getting to Sith levels of vileness.
True, i have read some of the quest lines and the imperials seem to have a very deep hatred for aliens and a strong support for slavery and oppresive behaviour, so i guess on a whole the empire is bad, but the empire also has a lot of good things about it.

It's quite funny but i would say i'm a bit of both jedi and sith (if it's possible to be that) in the fact i embrace my emotions and they empower me, but i protect the weak and the innocent, i hope for peace, even tho i know peace can never exist as long as people have their own free will.

Bytemite
03.11.2013 , 06:03 PM | #6
Peer pressure among the Sith?! Unthinkable! Nothing about that venerable society screams conformity!

SithKoriandr
03.11.2013 , 07:45 PM | #7

They are evil. Have you not watched the movies, where the Empire is blatantly made out to be the evil bad guys? They kill aliens because, oh hey they're aliens! They put people into slavery. They blow up planets!

Just as the Republic is good with some bad apples, the Empire is evil with some good apples.

TalkingDinosaur
03.11.2013 , 07:52 PM | #8

Somehow I believe SWTOR has a mental effect on people. When I first started SWTOR I was a pure light Jedi and it felt good. But then I rolled a Sith Warrior that was pure dark and that felt GOOD. Yeah, felt good stomping on the peasants with my might boot and killing whoever I wanted for any reason at all. >:3

Ahem, anyway I guess some people get caught up in the moment of being a baddy and I guess when you pop in as a nice guy they wait eagerly for the option to smack you. lol
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

happysister
03.11.2013 , 10:23 PM | #9
i have light side sith. i don't usually get yelled at for being LS though. >_> one day, i was running BT, and EVERYONE in the party picked all the LS choices. needless to say, it was a total shock.
The Kipplar Legacy ~ Proud Founder of The Old Republic
The Heroes of The Republic

drug_cartel
03.12.2013 , 02:53 AM | #10
My first two characters were pure LS and DS respectively, because I wanted the Legacy unlocks. After that point, everybody else has been a mixture based on what I wanted to see happen in the story.

But I do love the way darkside corruption looks on Miralukans.