Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Teaser Video - The Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Teaser Video - The Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Pingonaut
03.11.2013 , 03:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Really, got a source? I mean a tried to find some stuff but I could only speculate.
From 1:00 and further into the video he references episode 7 and how he never thought there was going to be a 7, 8 and 9 and now there are. Though I've just assumed and heard around that it would be a trilogy, not just 2 more movies, because that's how they roll.

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 03:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
No, all clone-centric novels and other media (including earlier episodes of TCW) said the clones weren't programmed because if they were, why not buy an army of droids instead? They need free-thinkers who aren't hindered by a program.
I expect the programming was minor and subconscious. You know like those hypnotist folk who say magic words and make you fall asleep (which probably isn't real.) So the Clones aren't essentially programmed, they just have a subconscious program that can be activated at any time and it takes control of their mind. These are clones after all and their minds can be altered, by subtly enough so it doesn't turn them into mindless machines.

Pingonaut
03.11.2013 , 03:49 PM | #23
I expect the programming was minor and subconscious. You know like those hypnotist folk who say magic words and make you fall asleep (which probably isn't real.) So the Clones aren't essentially programmed, they just have a subconscious program that can be activated at any time and it takes control of their mind. These are clones after all and their minds can be altered, by subtly enough so it doesn't turn them into mindless machines.
Does it take control or just affect their decisions with extreme patriotism?

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 03:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
From 1:00 and further into the video he references episode 7 and how he never thought there was going to be a 7, 8 and 9 and now there are. Though I've just assumed and heard around that it would be a trilogy, not just 2 more movies, because that's how they roll.
Oh, yeah that's for sure. But I was talking about the Clone Wars Seasons 7, 8 and 9. Not the films.

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 03:52 PM | #25
Does it take control or just affect their decisions with extreme patriotism?
From that clip, it looks like it takes control. But I expect that in the immediate aftermath of the event such factors come into play. Purely because of how they have been engineered to be loyal to the Republic, they won't feel remorse for the act.

Pingonaut
03.11.2013 , 03:57 PM | #26
Oh, yeah that's for sure. But I was talking about the Clone Wars Seasons 7, 8 and 9. Not the films.
Ah.

From that clip, it looks like it takes control. But I expect that in the immediate aftermath of the event such factors come into play. Purely because of how they have been engineered to be loyal to the Republic, they won't feel remorse for the act.
Well that's just one clone who went a bit nuts (visions do that to you). There are clones who did not execute Order 66 and helped the Jedi.
Order 66 meant the Jedi betrayed everyone in the Republic, which the clones cared for. So the clones saw that order as a "Hey, your best friend just betrayed you." kind of thing. More of that kind of thing than a programmed memory/brainthing.

SNCommand
03.11.2013 , 03:59 PM | #27
I always just assumed the Clones were affected by good old fashioned brainwashing, they're not programmed like droids, something which gives them the advantages of free thought, but it also makes them a bit unstable, what if someone utters the sentence "execute order 66" for some other purpose? Should also explain why some Clones aren't affected, some minds could have resisted the subconscious orders.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #28
Well that's just one clone who went a bit nuts (visions do that to you). There are clones who did not execute Order 66 and helped the Jedi.
Looked to me that Order 66 just triggered early. I doubt he just had a 'vision' that made her look like a Sith or something. He said 'Jedi' and killed her.

Pingonaut
03.11.2013 , 04:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
I always just assumed the Clones were affected by good old fashioned brainwashing, they're not programmed like droids, something which gives them the advantages of free thought, but it also makes them a bit unstable, what if someone utters the sentence "execute order 66" for some other purpose? Should also explain why some Clones aren't affected, some minds could have resisted the subconscious orders.
Orders are really specific.
Order 66: In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established.
---Order 66 - Wookieepedia

Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 04:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
Lol, who's going to go around doing that? Actually that would be quite funny, some guy goes around battlefields going 'execute Order 66' and the Clones randomly shoot the Jedi. Lol.

But I think it has to come from the Chancellor anyway.