Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Teaser Video - The Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Teaser Video - The Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Chamby-X's Avatar


Chamby-X
03.11.2013 , 01:21 PM | #11
I know there can be too much of a good thing, but I hope this isn't just because Ep 7 is coming so 'let's clear the decks'. I'd like to see a Clone Wars style series set in The Old Republic, or maybe transition it right into the Dark Times. And a live action show. And Detours. And a new trilogy plus standalone movies. And lots more of SWTOR. And 1313. Keep it coming
Jedi Covenant
Chamby, Lvl 50 Jedi Sentinel - Jayus, Lvl 51 Sith Juggernaut - Jorre, Level 16 Jedi Shadow - Chambyr, Lvl 1 Sith Inquisitor

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 01:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I have to admit, i went all girly girl when i first saw Trench... He freaked me out
However he looks pretty ****** now, almost as ****** as dear Ventress (Who was on my mind very much when he mentioned Loose ends)

More appeared in this trailer than met the eye though, This showed Ahsoka was not back, which means unless this is the first episode we might not see her back for a while
Anyone know who these 2 Jedi are? Would be pretty cool if they, as sisters, wouldnt be seperated so anakin took them on as padawans XD However they look a little too battle ready for that....
I mean, i'm no Aubere, but thats just my opinion
Yeah, Trench is a little messed up. But that only adds to his creepy appeal, I mean a cyborg spider? Can you get any scarier than that? Wait, what? He's a sadistic, military genius as well? Holy #&%@!

And about those Jedi, the real question is, what race are they? I don't recognise them at all so it may be an entirely new race, TCW series has done that on multiple occasions before. But hey, I'm no Aurbere, lol.

EDIT: What do you guys think of this? Its not an animated series but a possible live-action series set during the Dark Times. Could be very cool if they ever decide to do it.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.11.2013 , 02:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Yeah, Trench is a little messed up. But that only adds to his creepy appeal, I mean a cyborg spider? Can you get any scarier than that? Wait, what? He's a sadistic, military genius as well? Holy #&%@!

And about those Jedi, the real question is, what race are they? I don't recognise them at all so it may be an entirely new race, TCW series has done that on multiple occasions before. But hey, I'm no Aurbere, lol.

EDIT: What do you guys think of this? Its not an animated series but a possible live-action series set during the Dark Times. Could be very cool if they ever decide to do it.
Think of what? There is no link!
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Thylbanus's Avatar


Thylbanus
03.11.2013 , 02:58 PM | #14
Well that answers how the clones were able to turn on the Jedi with Order 66.

It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.11.2013 , 03:05 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Think of what? There is no link!
He saw that the Devs are going easier on people so hes resorted to trolling
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Pingonaut's Avatar


Pingonaut
03.11.2013 , 03:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I doubt anything is going to change, likely the show will be moved to Disney XD and continue with Season 7, and possibly 8. But given what's been said they'll be no more than that.
There's going to be a 7, 8 and 9.

Also, someone posted that it was the end of the Clone Wars series (as the name of the show) but I don't think so. They still had the Clone Wars logo at the end of the video.

Thanks for sharing.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
03.11.2013 , 03:27 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Thylbanus View Post
Well that answers how the clones were able to turn on the Jedi with Order 66.

Weird thing is, earlier in the series they were very adamant; the clones were not programmed like droids. I wonder what's going on here...

Pingonaut's Avatar


Pingonaut
03.11.2013 , 03:29 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Weird thing is, earlier in the series they were very adamant; the clones were not programmed like droids. I wonder what's going on here...
Force-sensitive? Can that happen with clones if the person who was cloned wasn't Force-sensitive?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 03:31 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
He saw that the Devs are going easier on people so hes resorted to trolling
Lol sorry, the link is there now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Pingonaut View Post
There's going to be a 7, 8 and 9.
Really, got a source? I mean a tried to find some stuff but I could only speculate.
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Weird thing is, earlier in the series they were very adamant; the clones were not programmed like droids. I wonder what's going on here...
If I recall correctly that was what the clones say, but as always they have been deceived by the dark side!

It's certainly interesting to see them exploring the nature of Order 66.

YoshiRaphElan's Avatar


YoshiRaphElan
03.11.2013 , 03:38 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
If I recall correctly that was what the clones say, but as always they have been deceived by the dark side!

It's certainly interesting to see them exploring the nature of Order 66.
No, all clone-centric novels and other media (including earlier episodes of TCW) said the clones weren't programmed because if they were, why not buy an army of droids instead? They need free-thinkers who aren't hindered by a program.