Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Teaser Video - The Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Teaser Video - The Future of Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 11:36 AM | #1
On the Official News site for Star Wars a new update has been made regarding Star Wars: The Clone Wars:

'After five highly successful and critically acclaimed seasons of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, we feel the time has come to wind down the series. While the studio is no longer producing new episodes for Cartoon Network, we're continuing production on new Clone Wars story arcs that promise to be some of the most thrilling adventures ever seen. Stay tuned for more information on where fans can soon find this bonus content. In the video below, Supervising Director Dave Filoni offers a peek of what is to come in Star Wars: The Clone Wars.'

Click here to see the video, which includes a sneak peek of one of next seasons episodes (skip to 2:15). Looks like a premonition of Order 66 and guess what? Admiral Trench is back!

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.11.2013 , 11:42 AM | #2
Damnit! Must know what happens next....though if it isn't gonna be on Cartoon Network, where they gonna show it? Disney Channel?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Chamby-X's Avatar


Chamby-X
03.11.2013 , 11:43 AM | #3
What I'm trying to figure out is if there IS a next season, at least in traditional form. Obviously there's more Clone Wars coming (hopefully at least a season's worth) but will we get it weekly, or as TV movies, or DVD?
Jedi Covenant
Chamby, Lvl 50 Jedi Sentinel - Jayus, Lvl 51 Sith Juggernaut - Jorre, Level 16 Jedi Shadow - Chambyr, Lvl 1 Sith Inquisitor

Crawelc's Avatar


Crawelc
03.11.2013 , 11:48 AM | #4
Glad to see they are going to keep up with the animation side. Ending the official "The Clone Wars" series makes sense to me. Obviously they have to move the LA Animation stuff to The Disney Channel, and having a different title for the new series will make that transition easier.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.11.2013 , 11:56 AM | #5
It is also nice to see, that going to Disney that they haven't shyed away from showing death or intense scenes. I actually wouldn't mind, if after they continue(same staff and all) with a Rebellion style show, in the early days of the Rebels fighting the Galatic Empire and maybe even going further and show the battles between the movies that take place.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 12:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Chamby-X View Post
What I'm trying to figure out is if there IS a next season, at least in traditional form. Obviously there's more Clone Wars coming (hopefully at least a season's worth) but will we get it weekly, or as TV movies, or DVD?
I doubt anything is going to change, likely the show will be moved to Disney XD and continue with Season 7, and possibly 8. But given what's been said they'll be no more than that.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.11.2013 , 12:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I doubt anything is going to change, likely the show will be moved to Disney XD and continue with Season 7, and possibly 8. But given what's been said they'll be no more than that.

Something scared me in his video though....
"When George Lucas told me we'll be doing 100 episodes, i was shocked... 100 episodes i thought was a lot!"
Eek... Was the plan all along only to do 100?
And i was looking forward to Detours XD

The Order 66 subconcious uprising seems quite cool, i'd love to see how they handle this one...
Trench looked epic in his new cyborg do... Hmph, wonder how Dooku will react to the news...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.11.2013 , 12:45 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Something scared me in his video though....
"When George Lucas told me we'll be doing 100 episodes, i was shocked... 100 episodes i thought was a lot!"
Eek... Was the plan all along only to do 100?
And i was looking forward to Detours XD

The Order 66 subconcious uprising seems quite cool, i'd love to see how they handle this one...
Trench looked epic in his new cyborg do... Hmph, wonder how Dooku will react to the news...
Scared you, why? And yeah, it was only going to go up to 100, but before they reached the mark more seasons were 'announced'.

And Trench is awesome, I was literally jumping up and down with happiness. Gotta love your archetypal, mustache-twirly bad guy. Now he's a cyborg, he could give Grievous a run for his money!

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
03.11.2013 , 12:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Scared you, why? And yeah, it was only going to go up to 100, but before they reached the mark more seasons were 'announced'.

And Trench is awesome, I was literally jumping up and down with happiness. Gotta love your archetypal, mustache-twirly bad guy. Now he's a cyborg, he could give Grievous a run for his money!
I have to admit, i went all girly girl when i first saw Trench... He freaked me out
However he looks pretty ****** now, almost as ****** as dear Ventress (Who was on my mind very much when he mentioned Loose ends)

More appeared in this trailer than met the eye though, This showed Ahsoka was not back, which means unless this is the first episode we might not see her back for a while
Anyone know who these 2 Jedi are? Would be pretty cool if they, as sisters, wouldnt be seperated so anakin took them on as padawans XD However they look a little too battle ready for that....
I mean, i'm no Aubere, but thats just my opinion
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
The Gate Crashing, Dragon Slaying, Eternal Warrior from Beyond.

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
03.11.2013 , 12:59 PM | #10
It looks like they are trying to wrap up the series in 2 years before Star Wars: Episode 7 comes out.