Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why does anyone bother discussing Star Wars?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Why does anyone bother discussing Star Wars?

Kharnamatic's Avatar


Kharnamatic
03.10.2013 , 08:00 PM | #1
The Star Wars universe bears no relation to reality. We are expected to accept that small starfighters can tank sustained fire from massive star destroyers and tie fighters (Ep V), the Empire's troops are inept at aiming and their armor is useless against sticks and stones (ewoks), and the universe's elite fighters, the jedi, are so, despite going into battle unarmored with a simple lightsaber and could be defeated by a shotgun or simply being shot by three opponents at once (a line cannot intersect three non-collinear points). There's no point in discussing Star Wars, because nothing stands up to scrutiny. Everything happened the way it did, because the writers said so.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
03.10.2013 , 08:03 PM | #2
Lol WoW refugees these days.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Damatese's Avatar


Damatese
03.10.2013 , 08:04 PM | #3
1/10 the 1 is for effort.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.10.2013 , 08:04 PM | #4
Because its fun?....I don't really see your point here.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

GuiltySlayer's Avatar


GuiltySlayer
03.10.2013 , 08:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
The Star Wars universe bears no relation to reality. We are expected to accept that small starfighters can tank sustained fire from massive star destroyers and tie fighters (Ep V), the Empire's troops are inept at aiming and their armor is useless against sticks and stones (ewoks), and the universe's elite fighters, the jedi, are so, despite going into battle unarmored with a simple lightsaber and could be defeated by a shotgun or simply being shot by three opponents at once (a line cannot intersect three non-collinear points). There's no point in discussing Star Wars, because nothing stands up to scrutiny. Everything happened the way it did, because the writers said so.
^ Starwars discussion.
After a kill Oprah comes out and says "everybody gets a bag of goodies. Everybody gets a bag of goodies. You get a bag and you get a bag and you and you."

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
03.10.2013 , 09:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
The Star Wars universe bears no relation to reality. We are expected to accept that small starfighters can tank sustained fire from massive star destroyers and tie fighters (Ep V), the Empire's troops are inept at aiming and their armor is useless against sticks and stones (ewoks), and the universe's elite fighters, the jedi, are so, despite going into battle unarmored with a simple lightsaber and could be defeated by a shotgun or simply being shot by three opponents at once (a line cannot intersect three non-collinear points). There's no point in discussing Star Wars, because nothing stands up to scrutiny. Everything happened the way it did, because the writers said so.
your logic is shaky, and your point is non-existent.

The fail is strong with this one and your kung fu is weak!

0/10
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Lordmird's Avatar


Lordmird
03.10.2013 , 10:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GuiltySlayer View Post
^ Starwars discussion.
^+1 Lmao
"Who dares wins" "By Strength and Guile" "Per Mare, Per Terram" "Utrinque Paratus" Her Majesty's best
Could you do it?

ScarletBlaze's Avatar


ScarletBlaze
03.10.2013 , 10:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kharnamatic View Post
The Star Wars universe bears no relation to reality. We are expected to accept that small starfighters can tank sustained fire from massive star destroyers and tie fighters (Ep V), the Empire's troops are inept at aiming and their armor is useless against sticks and stones (ewoks), and the universe's elite fighters, the jedi, are so, despite going into battle unarmored with a simple lightsaber and could be defeated by a shotgun or simply being shot by three opponents at once (a line cannot intersect three non-collinear points). There's no point in discussing Star Wars, because nothing stands up to scrutiny. Everything happened the way it did, because the writers said so.
Reality= Real Life

Star Wars= Not real life

Simple solution Reality has no place in Star Wars....... or another solution Lack of Imagination.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

RixoFutu's Avatar


RixoFutu
03.11.2013 , 02:16 AM | #10
Stupidity is strong with this one.
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."